lii

Keep Shining My Star

 

I am staring at my Mom as she is sleeping so solemnly. It seems that this is moment, she is sleeping without thinking of what will it be once she get up. I smiled. 

Now I understand her, more than what she know. My Mom isn't the perfect woman or the ideal mother for me. She's selfish and always thinking about making her competitors down. She was never the sweet ballerina - but a fierce competitive swan. We came from the legends in the name of ballerina in the country. It is not an easy task, we always have to be perfect.
We always to be on the top. 
And my Mom wasn't an exception.
She was trapped on the task, that made everyone suffer. I'd been through that but I never made myself on that place - because winning isn't everything. Someone will come along and will be better than you. 
Someone will make you suffer without hidden intentions. 
My Mom always wants me to be like her, she wanted me to be braver that what she used to be. 


She lose her dream too, back then. 
I know that feeling enough.
But I realized, maybe it was more tougher for my Mom. It was more painful and devastating. 
Simply because the one who made she lose her dream never looked back.
Because she lose her dream with her own will. 
She wanted to be the best when the fact is she had everything back then. 
She had Norie and Nice - her friends that love her.
She had my Dad - that loved him until he gasped the last air he got. 
She had me. 
She had the most important things in life. She had the people that will make her complete, but she missed out that and search more into a particular place - that only made her find anger, despair and regret. 

She was trapped and never asked for help. She was too confident with everything.


I don't want to think about the past between me and Snow, I don't want to connect it with them. 
Because everything's past.

They have their own story. We have ours, now.
And I am just waiting for the present. 

Everything's okay.  

I smiled. 

 

"Mom.." I tapped her softly. "Wake up.."

She moved a bit and open her eyes. "Shinhye.." She said.


Shinhye. I smiled at her, she never said Park Shinhye. She never said the words get up. "You need to go to see the new trainees." 


She nodded as she get up. "Where's your brother?"


I pouted. "He left."

"Where?"

"Woobin had practice on Japan." The pout never left my lips. "Why are you talking about Woobin? I think you like him more than your own daughter. Tsk, just because he resembles our Dad." I glared cutely to my Mom. "That guy is dead once he come back."


Mom softly smiled at me.
She smiled at me, so gorgeously. She came near me and pinched my cheeks that shocked me so much. "You are really Shinwon's daughter!"

I smiled back at her. "No, I think I am more Sunhye's daughter." I wide grinned. "I am beautiful like Park Sunhye." 

"You are too good to be Sunhye's daughter." She said, the look into her eyes was much expressing pain. As if she regret everything she had done all her life. "Sunhye is a bad person." 


I grabbed my Mom's arms and pulled her into mine. I caressed her hair and tried to shush her as she starts to sob in my chest. "Mom.." I whispered. "I always believe in you, even sometimes your hurt me. But that was past, and I don't entertain past now. You should too." I smiled. 


"I love you so much Shinhye, that I hurt you because I don't want someone take you away from me. I'm sorry for the things I said to you." She cried.

"It is never too late to start, Mom" I said. "You got me and Woobin. You got Norie, Nice and Shinhwa."


"Shinhwa is stubborn too." Mom said. "He never try to get back with Norie, but he loves her so much. He hurt her and pushed Norie away because of Shinwon. He thought something is happening between them. I used it as a weapon back then." 


"Stop Mom." I pinch her hand. "Let's just move on. Stop living on the past." 


She nodded. 


"Mom..." I said.

"Why?"

"I'll go to Norie." I bit my lip. "I want to see her."


She looked at me and I saw in her eyes the touch of loneliness, the fear of being alone again. "You can go." She said.


I hugged her. "Woobin's here, and I'll call you each minute." 

"Do you know where is she?" She asked. 


"I know." I smiled. "And I think it's time for her to be happy too. I will help her find Yonghwa."

"Yonghwa?" Mom asked. "Why? He's still nowhere to be found? Woobin doesn't know too?"


I nodded. I don't know where is Yonghwa now, if he's okay. But for now, maybe it's Norie's time to be with her son. I felt something inside Norie whenever she see Yonghwa. And now I came to understand it all. "You know how much I love Yonghwa.."

"I know.." 

"Thank you Mom." I cried. 

"You may lose your dream but you just found something that will complete your whole life. That is more than a dream can give one person." She smiled as she caress my hair. "You looked so beautiful when your hair isn't tied in a bun." She said to me. 


I smiled, it was the same as Snow's words to me. "You too, Mom." I smiled. 

"I'll make it up to you all my life, Shinhye. I'll take care of you and Woobin." She said like she's more confident with her words now. 


"No Mom, make it up for your own life." I honestly said to her. "You have to live your own. Be happy because everybody wishes that for you."