xlvi

Keep Shining My Star


Today will be the first time I am going to see him play.
Today will be the first time seeing him sweat like he used to.
Today will be the start of everything for us.


I gave a morning cheek kiss Norie while she was still sleeping. I don't want her to be pain on the thing what I've been through. To begin with, I don't want anybody to hurt now.
Not even Euna, I wished her the best on London.
I wished everybody to be happy, because that's what I'm seeing in front of me.

As I walk on the training place of the national team, it is awfully quiet and disturbing and already late for the players at this time and I expect them training. I looked around but no one is there. I decided to go to the abandoned court, I will just wait for Snow - or maybe he is practicing now.
I expect him dribbling the ball, like he used to.


My steps are light because I don't want to disturbed Snow, where I was right - I am already hearing pants and ball heavily dribbled. I sneaked, and I'm seeing the person I love.
Doing his best on the goal he love.


I walk unto the sideline and smiled at him. "Keep going.." I said.


He replied a weak smile to me, he looked so tired. He looked so so devastated, I know that in one stare. I keep smiling at him, as I think that maybe his Dad pressured him again because of today's game and the upcoming season which is the spring. I sit on the dusty bleacher, I haven't clean the court this week. I have been so busy lately, dating the owner of the court.

"Stop and rest a bit when you are tired, this isn't the real game yet." I yelled on him.

He nodded.

"Did you eat breakfast already?" I asked him, but I'm sure he isn't. "Come here. I packed some."


He put the ball below the ring and walk on my direction. He's quiet. I don't know why.


"I missed you, Ter." He kissed my cheek, it was surprising that he is getting so mushy today. Something is really not right. "I miss you everyday." He stared at my eyes.

I touched his hand. "Are you okay?"

He nodded and smiled.

"Really?"

He nodded again.

"You should eat because you'll gonna show them what Jung Yonghwa is capable of." I smiled at him.


He grabbed the chopsticks and the spoon on the side and started eating. He's slow and careful. I wonder what happened to him. I expect him to be bubbly because he'll play on the team. Woobin will accompany him.

"Spill it." I said to him. "What's bothering you?"


He smiled and shakes his head like a kid. "I'm just nervous."


I smiled back. "You'll do good."

"Just don't leave me on the court later, okay? I need you there, Ter.." He smiled again, but I knew something is still bothering him.

"I'll never leave you, Snow. Promise."


He weakly smiled and nodded.


***


"Shinnie!" I smiled as Woobin sit beside me on the bleacher. "Where's Yonghwa?"

"He changed his jersey, he's soaked on sweat."


He nodded and stood up.


"Woobin, wait." I grip his hand. "Is there something bothering Yonghwa?"

"Probably," he says.

"What is it?"

Woobin smiled at me and pouted on the other side.

"Was it about his Dad again?"

 

Woobin pulled and embraced me with his broad arms. He even tapped my head. "I will be here always, Shinnie." After what he said, he walked away.

 

"You shouldn't embrace anybody aside from me, Ter." A voice from behind said, Snow.

"I was shocked too, actually." I smiled at him. "Jealous a--

"But maybe I can delete that rule from now on." He cut me and tapped my head. "Am I that controlling?"


I don't like him being kind on this matter, I really want his jealous and controlling manner. "What if I said I like you being the controlling one?" I giggled. "Hurry up!" I said to him, "Your team needs you." I waved my hand.

 

He kissed my cheek again. "I'll be good. For you."


He kissed my cheek and I felt a cold tear on him. He cried? I realized he didn't change his jersey. Did he cry? Why? I held hand and pulled him with an embrace. "Everything is okay, Snow." I caressed his back. "Don't worry a thing. Everything is okay."

 

He stared at me and held my cheek, then he nod to what I said.

"Don't worry about anything, not your Dad." I smiled to lessen the tension he's having. "Not even me, just the ball and you." I tried my best to shot a smile that will give him hope. He replied with a smile too, but I failed. I can see on his eyes, there's something wrong.

 

Then he removed his wrist band on his left hand, I stared at him, questioning through my eyes. He never removed that since I knew him. I always talk his wrist band, but he just nod every time. He left his wrist band on my hand.

But the most thing I was surprised were the scars.
Scars hidden under his wrist band.


I grabbed his wrist. "What's this?!" I looked at him, God knows how worried I am right now. Is he trying to kill himself? Did he? Since then?


Then he laughed at me, he grab my hand were the wrist band was in. "That was back then." He grinned. "Now, that I gave you that I can't do it anymore."


I run my finger on the scars, it looked old and sad. "Don't hurt yourself.." I murmured.

"Yes, and you too. Don't hurt yourself.." His face became serious. "Stop hurting yourself.." He said.


I was stopped. Don't hurt yourself. What was he up to?
"I'm not hurting myself, Snow."


"I will not let anybody hurt you, not even me." He looked at the wrist band. "Keep it on yourself from now on, that's my former safety net." He smiled as he tapped my head. "Because you are my safety net now, and I will never let you break."


"I know you wouldn't."

"I'll go now." He waved.

"Come back when you're tired." I waved back.