xxviii

Keep Shining My Star

 I just realized I didn't even finish my bow to his Dad, he dragged me out of nowhere. I'm feeling he is pissed again, I don't know if it's with me or with his Dad. I'm just staring at him while I found myself thinking on how his life will be normal. 


Then he stopped. "You shouldn't did that. You just trapped yourself in my world, by saying your identity to my Dad." He looked at me, as if he really sorry to me. As if he made something very wrong. 

"I wanted to trap somehow." I smiled at him, I want to relieve that tensed forehead of him. "Don't worry."

"You don't know what you are talking about." 

"I know." I grabbed his hand. "Let's go to Aunt Fona, stop worrying." 

He answered a pout on his lovely lips. 
Don't worry, Jung Yonghwa


***


"Lee," Shinhye's Mom called Norie. "Bring my child back to me." She said. 


Norie, actually doing sorts of reviews on the ballet piece from London. She stared at her. "I can't do that, Park."


"I will not rant. Just bring my daughter to me." 


Norie stood up and face her. She even held her hands. "Talk to Shinhye, not me." She said. 


"I hate you so much, Lee." She eyed Norie, pulled her hands off her. "Why did you came back? Why you always get the things I call mine? I hate you to death." She cursed. 


"Stop your childish acts, Park. Don't you think we are old enough to be mature sometime?" She calmed. "I didn't steal anything from you." 

"I will never forget the things and people you keep on stealing. Now I've got my daughter, but here you came back and you are stealing her from me again!" She shouted. 

"Stop accusing me that it is my fault, Park. Stop this thing, because of you say one more word I'll say the things I might said to you decades ago." She sighed."I always understand you, but you keep abusing the people and things around you, for your own well-off." 


"How dare you to say that?!" 

"Park, you've always been the stubborn and selfish one. Don't you realize that? If not, I'll go find Nice and we'll rip you off till you realize." Norie said. 

"Don't bring up Nice here." She said. "It's just me and you."


"Me and you?! Are you kidding me?!" Norie lose her temper. "Hell, Park. It's not just about you and me. It's all about us and the others. Don't tell me you don't remember?" 

 

I heard shouts on a certain room, and there is Mom and Norie. They are shouting and ranting about I don't know. I knocked. "Norie, what's happening?" 


I saw Norie's face calm down as I called her. "Nothing, Shinhye." Norie said. 


"Let's go home, Park Shinhye." My Mom said. "Let's go." 


"I don't understand the two of you." I said.

"You don't need to know it, Park Shinhye." Mom said 

"In time, Shinhye. You'll know about it. Your Mom will tell it. Not me." Norie said oppositely. 


"Don't you think you ladies are old enough to have cat fights?!" I shouted in from of Mom and Norie. "Just cut the competition between the two of you. For heavens sake! It's been decades since you are the top ballerinas in Korea." 


"Shinhye.." Norie held me hand. "I'm sorry." She apologized. I waited Mom to say anything but she left us two there hanging. 

 

"As usual, she left again. What's new?" I smirked in front of the door. 


"I'm sorry Shinhye.." Norie whispered. "I'm sorry if I scared you by saying those words to your Mom." 

 

Norie has been so sweet. I don't know why Mom get this rant of her over Norie. Norie's perfect enough.


Norie's perfect enough.


I bit my lower lip.
Maybe I understand now. 


"You're almost perfect, Norie." I smiled. "Maybe that's why Mom envied you a lot. Maybe she wanted you to be her.." I calmly said. "Knowing my Mom.." 


"She did that competition around all of us. To me, Nice and the other people." Norie said. 


"Nice?" I stopped. "I have a nurse named Nice. She helped me lot."


Norie smiled at me. "That's her. She left being a ballerina and pursue being a nurse. You already know her." 


"She knew my Mom also?" I paused. "But why Mom didn't placed a welcoming feeling back then to her?" 

 

'I don't know. But we are the best of friends back then. Me, Nice and your Mom." She caressed my hair. "We are also the top ballerinas." 

  

"Why I feel there's a lot of story to tell?" I realized that Norie, Nice and my Mom have their own tale. I didn't expect they will be tangled in certain string that nobody knew except the three of them. I want to know everything, but I think I'll be hurt more if I knew. Since I felt that Mom will be the antagonist on their story. She's been this competitive, selfish and self-centered. 
Maybe in the future, I'll find those, when I can't feel pain. 
Maybe. 

***

 


"Maybe my Dad will like Shinhye if he knew her." Woobin chuckled as him and Yonghwa were down in laying on the tree. 


"Then go let Shinhye meet your Dad." Yonghwa said. "Tell me if he likes her." 


Woobin punched Yonghwa playfully. "Don't tell me you are jealous? Whoa, for the first time you've been controlling to a person. Not a ball anymore, you are growing up!" 


"Am I that controlling?" Yonghwa asked. 

"Before Shinhye, yes. You've always the type of person not letting go of what you wanted. Even you bet your own life." Woobin explained. 


"Is it bad or worst?" 

"Shinhye likes you. Is it bad or worst?" 

"Dad met her already." Yonghwa sighed. "I worry about her."

"You think Norie will let someone down Shinhye? Maybe not." 

"Who's Norie?" He asked. He already kissed Shinhye many time but he only knew Aunt Fona about her. Nothing more. 

 

Woobin pouted at certain direction, he followed it and saw Shinhye waving so pretty. 
"Just ask her." He smiled at Yonghwa.

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________

 

 

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there! 

You are your child's star! Keep shining on them :)

 

 

 

Love, 

Dokmishin