xlix

Keep Shining My Star

Every person has it's own goal to do. 
Every single mind has it's own knowledge to think. 
Every heart has it's own thing to love. 
Every person have these things at their own reach.
But not all of these people have the courage to step one little closer to what their goals are, what their mind wants to think and their heart yearns about. 

Simply because they are scared.
Simply because we don't know what lies beneath every pages of a book. 
Simply because every person has its own fears. 


It is hard to find one's destiny. It is not given by the time we are born or the time we started walking. Finding our destiny wasn't easy as compared having our goals. Because destiny wasn't that clear compared to goals and that's the big difference between goal and destiny. But half of the people around the world seem to categorized these to important things in same box. 

Goal can be achieve with hard work and passion.
Destiny can be achieve without it.
But on contrast, destiny can be cruel than what lies behind one's goal. 

It is always complicated. 

 

And the only thing can make goal and destiny a simple one, it is love.


Only love.


Only love can be the guide so our goals and destiny can meet in some point that will make every single thing in places. 
Love can be the answer in all questions.
Love can be the instrument on every healing process, accompanied by time. 
Love can only be the reason for every single thing that lives and dies. 

 

But before love, there's pain, revenge, despair, regret and guilt beneath. 

And love can be the only one answer on those. 

Love can overcome pain, revenge, despair, regret and guilt.
Only love. 

 

 

 


My goal was to be the best ballerina in the country. I wake up and sleep thinking how to be better for tomorrow. I always prioritize ballet, before anything else. 

Before myself.
I've always give my first to ballet.


I've achieved the half of my goal, with all the hard work and dedication. I had achieved being the best, but that time I was clueless about my destiny. Then I realized the most important thing in my whole existence. 
I realized something, that maybe the most important thing in every person living in this cruel world. 

 

That goal is just a stepping stone to the destiny.
Goal is just the mere introduction in our whole life.

Our goals wasn't that thing that completes our life, but hence it's just the way to the destiny - whom will complete our existence. That time I thought reaching goal is everything. 
But then, I was knocked and destiny came. I was hurt and seek revenge when I lose the goal I wanted to fulfill. I've been through in despair, regret and guilt. 

 

I've been through all that, making me a person who find the most important person in my life. 
Jung Yonghwa.
Star.
Snow.

 

He's goal was to be the best player in the Asia. He wake up and sleep thinking how to be better for tomorrow.  He always prioritize basketball, before anything else.


Before himself.
I know.
I know he always give his first to basketball. 


I know, he's still achieving his goal, with hard work and undying passion. His still achieving his goal, and now he already found his destiny. He is somewhere out there, reaching his goal.


We hurt each other, we are the reason for each other's devastation. We are each other's regret on our past. We are each other's guilt back then. 
We are loving each other.
But that wasn't enough to fill each other's guilt and regret.

Since we are leaving something behind. 


Time.


Time to heal all the wounds of past.
Time to love each other more than the past.
Time to be in separate places, but still under the same sky. 


Indefinite time.  

 


***


Nothing is heard.


But only the ballet music pieces that going to rip off since it keep playing for the fifth time. 
Only the music making me in peace.

 

It is winter once again. 
Second winter without my Snow.

We said our last goodbye before spring. And I'm still waiting when we will be saying same hellos. 


It is winter once again. 
Second winter without Norie.


We also said our goodbye after spring. I'm here alone with my Mom - Park Sunhye.

 

I am drumming my fingers as the music ticks in my ears. Snow is calmly falling like stars in summer. I am missing him.
Yes, I badly miss him.
But I don't feel sad. I don't feel sad at all.
I just keep holding on to the fact that there is a present that is waiting for us.
There is a present that waiting for the both of us. 

 

"Shinhye.."  

 

I looked at my Mom. I didn't reply. 


"Shinhye.." She said again. "Talk to me."


I keep drumming my fingers. 
Woobin said to me everything. Park Sunhye, the name that delivered the bad news to his Dad, Jung Shinhwa. I never said anything to my Mom that I knew that. I keep waiting for her to say everything.

Everything.

Norie said to me before leaving that only my Mom can say everything to me.


"Here.." She reached an envelope to me. 

 

I stopped the music that is playing and reached the envelope. "Will this screw everything again? Huh Mom?" I hissed. I opened it, and there it is. 
A photograph, with Norie, Shinwon, Shinhwa and her. Norie and her are dressed as ballerina and the two looked so tired with their jerseys. Shinhwa body build looked like Yonghwa's, and the eyes. Norie looked so beautiful. Shinwon's arms are intact on Norie. 


"I met Won and Shinhwa because of Norie." She started. "Norie is the best ballerina, best buddy - best in everything." 

"You and you're unending selfishness made us like this, Mom." 

"I hated Norie so much. I hated everything about her, because she keep taking all the people and things I wanted to be mine." 

"That's not her fault." 

"I know. But I can't accept it." She grabbed the photograph. "This, Shinhwa," she pointed at the person who looked like Yonghwa, "Shinhwa was the person who took away my dream. Just like what Yonghwa did to you." 

 

I looked at Mom. "What?"

"He was the one that I am with, on the stares." She said, but anger wasn't on her voice. She took a deep breath. "And I thought that was the end, but then his son did the same to you, I began to seek revenge for his Dad." 


"I don't understand a thing." I said.  "Everything happened wasn't intended. Did you two played on us all along? Seeking revenge through their children?!"


"I never loved Shinhwa,  we never love each other." She revealed. "But I did everything for him to be mine because of Norie. Since Norie is getting everything."

 


"Norie?" My tears are bursting out. "What about Norie?"

"Shinhwa's first love." She smiled awkwardly. "And Won's best girl."