Jimin: Dancing Heart

OneSS

Kiku Jiro and Park Jimin are both an all time hip-hop dancer, and now that the underground championship settled in Seoul, It attracts many dancers, and fierce competition between these two. Who’ll win this brawl?

 

 


I put my chestnut-hair in a messy bun, putting my green striped sweater over my black tanktop and ripped jean shorts. I put on my red sneakers and grabbed my black spiked bag before heading over to the alleyway of the championship entrance. A buff man blocked the way, as he eyed me suspiciously. “Anyone with you?” he said sternly. I shook my head, crossing my arms. “Name.” he demanded. I sighed, saying my name in a quiet tone.

 

“Kiku Jiro.” I stated, trying to hide my annoyed look of dealing with the security. Nodding he opened the door; which I sighed. “finally,” I muttered, entering the illuminated blue and white room, with the large stage in front; a large crowd of other dancers spread. Because of the limit of air-conditioning and amount of body heat in the room, it was easy to feel dehydrated without dancing once. I walked over to the drinks off the side, smiling at those who greeted me.

 

“Kiko, the Japanese firecracker!”, “Wassup’, Kikiro?”, I admired their cheerful attitudes, and even as competition they’re surprisingly nice. I stopped halfway and saw that the drinks were occupied, by no other than Park Jimin. But fortunately, he had his little gang with him. “Are you kidding me? Kwon Jungeol doesn’t stand a chance against Jimin.” His friend patted his back, which he laughed.

 

Actually, I think he could beat his even with his eyes closed.” I spoke up, which they all turned around and saw me standing; arms crossed.

 

“Kiku Jiro!” some of them bounced up and hugged me, which I smiled by returning the favour. I worked with Jimin and his friends, before I decided to be a solo; which was pretty successful.  Jimin just smirked at me. After I left we grew hateful to each other -but more in a mocking way.

 

“Same ignorant punk you are, huh Jimin?” I teased. He rolled his eyes.

 

“Just wait, you’ll be on your knees when I win this championship.” This guy always came 2nd, as I won to being 1st. I ruffled his hair.

 

“Dream on.” I stuck out my tongue.

 

“Jimin, didn’t you want to ask her out-“ he put his hand over his friends mouth, hushing him. I raised an eyebrow, noticing his sudden flustered expression and blushing cheeks. I was about to question him when his name got called, as he quickly made his way to the stage. Shouts cried out, as his friends and I wooted.

 

“I’m Park Jimin, and this’ll be the best performance yet.” He looked at me mockingly, which I smirked. Beats came on, as he fixed his white hoodie vest; preparing his moves. I’ll admit, he dances flawlessly - a few spins with stricken fists, not to mention his favourite end move by high-kicking the air. I ended up just gawking at him, impressed by how much he improved since I left. He bowed, panting while staring straight at me if impressed. I quickly turned away, hiding my blushing face. I never even performed yet, and my heart was already pacing quicker.

 

“Kiku Jiro.” I drew in a breath before going on stage, which everybody cheered at the so long champion. “Give me a beat.” I demanded the DJ, which I took off my sweater and put both that and my bag to the side. I tapped my foot to the rhythm, and entranced into the world of hip-hop. By the end I bowed, earning even louder cheers. And right after they all performed, they called the 3 runner-ups: and Jimin and I were qualified. After giving a small reward to 3rd place, it was the moment we’re all waiting for.

 

“And the winner for this championship is..” tension filled the air. Jimin beside me looking down; while I closed my eyes, hands together. “..Park Jimin!” the room filled with cheers, as I realized what defeat probably felt for him - for all these years being 2nd. He took the reward from the speakers hand and lift it high in the air, as I clapped, smiling proudly. He turned to me, triumphantly grinning. I reached for a hug. “I guess you finally beat me.”


He chuckled. “Well, I couldn’t do it without your secret support, am I right?” he shouted for everyone’s attention, which definitely got mine. “I just want to dedicate this 1st place... to my girlfriend.” He stood in front of me, the room (even I) gasped. I stared at him.

 

“What the hell-“  my voice stammered but got cut off by his lips in contact with mine, which I responded right after. We pulled apart, as the dancers cried in awe and his friends shouted with joy. He squeezed my hand tight.

 

 

“I’m so going to kill you, Jimin.” I muttered. He just smirked in return, kissing me again.

 

“Sure you are.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note
Yes I am done school and now I have my mid-winter break!!! I am so happy~
I was so tired through out the week with assignments, but now I can finally catch up with my rest.
(And write more of my stories...fufufu ><)

More updates to come! So enjoy your day~

-B.B