Namjoon: On Air

OneSS

Akira Hoshi and Kim Namjoon's are friends that both host their own radio show together. It just seemed like a regular broadcast - but it seems like Namjoon has a special recording waiting to be aired...

                                                                             
                                                                     


“And, this song playing is a low R&B beat made by yours truly, Kim Namjoon,” his voice rang through the microphone as he held onto his headphones in. I worked on the audio controls from my desk and soon I came on air as well.

 

“Hello, this is the HN radio on right now, with Akira and Namjoon-ah speaking,” I looked over at Namjoon who grinned. “say, Namjoon-ah. Nice recording,” Namjoon nodded.

 

“Thanks, Aki-ah. How's your morning today?” I chuckled, even though he knew already.

We both lived nearby the radio station we were in now, not to mention we walk to work together. “Oh, swell actually. Did I mention that I almost woke up late because my alarm was set for 7:00 pm?” we both shared a laugh of my retelling of my story I told him just before coming to the station. He lowered his headphones and whispered in my ear.


“There's more listening. Should we start the morning news?” I nodded; which he soon lowered the sound and put his headphones back on again. I grabbed the paper from our table and handed one copy to him.

 

“Okay, let's start with the morning news! Did you hear about the new product of having fruit scented soap? The newest one to be released is 'strawberry', and already I bought one from the market just yesterday.”

 

Namjoon gasped. “No way! Scented?”


“Yeah, it's scented. I'm not surprised; we have this sort of product in Japan as well. When I opened it up it reminded me of the soap I would use when I was smaller. It was Ichigo-strawberry milk flavoured.”


“Milk? Can you eat it?” he laughed.

I playfully punched him. “No, you can't eat it, you idiot.” I soon laughed right after. Bing! Bing! Namjoon's laugh subsided and looked over his digital screen beside his audio box.

 

“Looks like we have some callers.” He pressed a button and soon the light above us went to red to orange. “Hello, welcome to HN radio.” he pushed up the button so we could hear the girl's voice clearly.

 

“Hi Namjoon, Akira. Is it alright if I could get a song request? I really liked the song from what you played last broadcast. Although, I wasn't sure what they were saying exactly. It wasn't in Korean, that's for sure...” I looked throughout the papers in the file I was holding and scanned through each song list.

 

“You must be talking about...Ah! This song,” I looked closely at the paper to read it more clearly. “Alicia Keys: If I Ain't Got You. Let me play it.” I pressed a few buttons on my audio box and the room was filled with piano and a rich melodic tone. The girl from the speaker squealed.

 

“Ahhh, thank you very much! You guys are the best!” we both smiled and said it was no problem.



We answered a few of the questions that came in until it was now lunch time. “Oh, I guess we have our lunch break,” Namjoon checked the time on his watch.

 

“Alright, we will answer more of your calls in an hour from now. Enjoy the playlist we provided!” with a push of a button the light showed OFF-AIR. Taking off my headphones I stretched my arms above my head. “Man, I am hungry. What do you want to eat?” I looked over at him. He shrugged.

 

“Honestly anything is fine with me. Do you have money with you?” I looked in my bag from the corner of the room and took out my wallet.

 

“Just around 24,000 won,” I say.


“Oh, I have an extra 5000. Wait for me outside, I'll be out in a minute.” I grabbed my bag and before I closed the door I looked over at him in question. “I just... have to add something to one of my recordings. Don't worry; it'll be quick,” he seemed pretty flustered, and I didn't question as to why he looked like that. Nonetheless I nodded my head and went out the studio. Five minutes later he came out and soon we were making our way to the nearby cafe just across the street.



We walked into the front doors and we ordered the special gourmet sandwiches and two dark mocha's before settling down at a corner booth. “Here, let me give you the change I owe you,” he took out his wallet from his pocket but I shook my head abruptly.


Don't. You don't owe me anything, since I paid for lunch with my money,” I sipped on my dark mocha; tasting the sweet chocolate melt in my tongue.


“Exactly! I feel bad for you paying for my food.” his lips formed in a pout, which I chuckled.


“Next time, maybe...” he rolled his eyes and chuckled. “That's what you always say.” I smiled. It was what my mom says:
Don't depend so much on others for your favours. Depend on yourself. Namjoon and I cleaned up our area and leaving a tip on the table we were already walking back to our studio.



“Say, Akira. On a scale from 1 to 10, what do you think of surprises?” That was rather a random question. I looked at him with squinted eyes in suspicion.

 

“Depends on what the surprise is. Why are you asking?” he shook his head in reply.

 

“Just out of curiosity.” it was his sly smile that told me otherwise.


Once entering the recording room I dropped my bag to the corner of the floor and when putting on the 'record' button, I was about to put on my headphones when suddenly I heard static through the speakers. I looked over at Namjoon beside me, but he didn't seem effected by it. “Namjoon? Don't you hear that-” suddenly I heard his voice come on, but he wasn't even talking into the mic.


“Is this on? Microphone on? One, two, microphone check. Alright, hello to everyone listening, and hopefully Akira is too. Okay, so I told those listening in the night broadcast in secret about Akira, and so now I think I should probably tell her trough this recording. Ahem, Akira Hoshi, if you are listening I just want to say that... I like you. Ever since we were working through this radio broadcast, I have grown interested in you,” I gasped, my cheeks heating up that I heard Namjoon chuckle lightly at my flustered expression.



“Maybe it was your smile that I love about you. Maybe it was your kind personality that I love about you. Perhaps it's how much you never let me pay for our lunches that I love about you.” I giggled.


“What ever it may be, It's something that I would still love about you. Well, I guess that's all have to say. This would be really awkward if you weren't listening to it right now...”


The recording turned off. I looked over at Namjoon; rubbing his neck nervously. “Surprise.” he mumbled under that shy smile of his. I smirked, and soon I leaned over his chair and pressed my lips against his, only for a brief second. When I retracted he stood still as a statue with blooming cheeks.

 

“About this surprise of yours... I would rate it an 8.2 out of 10.” He moved out of his trance and pressed another button. Soon the speakers were filled with so many call responses from the listeners.


“Congrats on the new couple for HN radio!” many of them said, and I swear I think I heard someone even giving us a couple name. I laughed, holding his hand and leaning my head against his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my own, as we heard the live responses.

 

”Can I change my answer? I think it would be 10 out of 10,” I whispered.



That's what I thought,”  with a small smile he gave me another kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note
Tired... so so tired >.<
I am pretty much done doing my homework for the weekend, so enjoy this wonderful update ^^

Have a great day everyone~

-B.B