Taehyung: Rain rain, Go Away

OneSS

With rain, it could bring out the most unexpected surprises. Especially for Hwan Jiseul and Kim Taehyung.


 

 

Going to school with such a heavy downpour of rain . Especially for me, when I have to wear my uniform skirt.


"I'll pick you up after school," I told my little brother. I inspected his backpack, which I realized he didn't have his umbrella.
"You didn't bring an umbrella, did you?" I glared.


"I forgot Noona." He shrugged. I sighed, letting him go inside of the building.


Checking the time I had only 5 minutes and soon I dashed towards the high school, running through puddles as it splashed around my feet.
Going in I headed to my class and went straight to class, heading to my shoe locker and changing my pair into my school ones.
Suddenly I felt a thwack to my head, which I recoiled. I looked over to see Taehyung smiling.


"You're goddamn lucky the teacher never saw you come in yet," he said, a roll of paper in his hand.


"Well, I had to bring my brother to school. And did you really have to hit me so hard?" I say. He only shrugged, sticking out his tongue. Kim Taehyung was my friend at school, and he was also my secret crush.


I mean, I didn't make it too obvious, but really I liked him since elementary. When we entered high school he was popular with all the girls, giving him little confession letters and presents. I wasn't jealous - because he rejected all of them and, in secret, he would even share some of the chocolate that they gave to me.
In fact, the girls tend to be more jealous with me for being able to be so close with him.


So during lunch Taehyung and I sat together outside the school gates, eating and making jokes about whatnot until a group of girls came up to us.
"Here, Taehyung. I made you some cookies." One of them approached him. He laughed.


"Thanks." He took the container. "But I'm sorry...I won't like you either way."


She blushed, shaking her head vigorously.


"I- I know!" She replied quickly. "I just made a few extra at home so...I gave you some instead." She soon walked away with her friends, and taking a glance her face fell with disappointment.


I glared at him. "Why are you being so mean to her?"


"I'm just telling her the truth. Otherwise she would think that I'm just friend zoning her or even worse, that I like her. And you know how bad the rumors spread around the school." He chided.


"Wait. You don't like her? Then who do you like?" I asked.


He had a smirk growing in his face. "I'm not telling you~" he sang in mockery.


"Yah! C'mon, please? I won't tell anyone!" I begged. He stared at me for a few seconds, eyeing me suspiciously. He stared at me, his expression more serious than playful.


"I like-" just when he was about to continue I felt something drop on me. Looking up the sky was gray; clouds looming over with drops of rain hitting the ground. Immediately I got up and covered my head with the cardigan of my school uniform, which Taehyung did the same thing.


We ran back to the school, ending our lunch a few minutes early just to dry up.
For the rest of the afternoon it rained, it's loud drizzle against the window. I stared out, thinking about what Taehyung was going to say. Who did he like? Older than him? Younger? I then hesitated about maybe if he liked me back...only to laugh at the ridiculous. Right. As if he would like a girl like me. So stupid.


When the bell rang for the end of the day I changed my shoes and grabbed my umbrella; which going out the gates I saw a familiar dark haired boy standing out with his jacket over his head.
I sighed, walking over and placing the umbrella under his head.


"You forgot your umbrella too?" I smirked. He only gave me a sheepish smile in return. I told him that I had to pick up my brother before I dropped him off, which he didn't mind.


What did bother me however, was how small the umbrella was to the point we were touching shoulder to shoulder. Because I had a small arm I sometimes fell off balance and Taehyung had to keep his arm around me, which I felt flustered upon the gesture.


When I almost tripped he held me by the waist this time, bringing me closer to him. I couldnt look away for he was already inches from my face.


"Sorry, its just a small umbrella..." I mumbled under my breath. He chuckled.


"I don't mind. Besides, I can finally tell you what I wanted to say during lunch."


I blinked, completely surprised that he brought up that situation again. "W-what?"


"It should be obvious. I like the girl who's under the umbrella with me."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

It has been over 4 months since I had last updated this and I am so terribly sorry omg ;-;
But I just made this recently because I got ideas from my studying breaks. So I apologize for the lack of oneshots - school was really hectic for me and not only that but I was working on actual chaptered stories. When I'll be able to make another oneshot, all depends on my inspiration at the moment and the amount of free time I would get.

So, I just want to say thank you for being so patient with me and liking each of these chapters, I really appreciate it! *throws hearts*
If you want to request any ideas or even to just check out my blog, check it here.
(We can even fangirl over BTS' new comeback cuz OMG IT'S AMAZING AND I CANNOT WAIT)

Hopefully I can see you guys really soon! Thank you and I hope you have a great day everyone~

-B.B