Taehyung: Ocean Blues

OneSS

Tomoko Osamu and Kim Taehyung go off into a little trip in Tomoko’s hometown in Japan by spending off at a beach... and who knows what else they have in store?
 


“V, hurry up! You’re missing out!” my bouncy brunette curls swayed in my view, as I waved him near the dock of the lake.

 

“Yeah, I’m coming Tomo.” He struggled to bring his body, which he looked tired from walking around all day. I smirked.

 

“How are you tired? We barely even moved a kilometre.” He panted, combing back his red-orange dyed hair away from his face, looking at me.

 

“Well, excuse me I was trying to climb those nasty hills near the park.” He sighed, placing an arm on the dock balcony. Because of the few extra money I saved during my job in working at a coffee shop in Seoul there was 2 tickets I could afford, and what better to invite my closest friend?

 

“Wow, this lake is breath-taking,” He turned his eyes at the murky green lake. I raised an eyebrow.


“But the gray sky makes it seem dull.” I sighed, hating the weather was now. I mean I wanted it to be clear and beautiful; but of course nature went against me. I noticed how V (we give each other nicknames) had his head turned, so I was able to see his strong jawline; his piercing eyes and hair that fell in front of his brows, not to mention the muscular structure just visible under his gray cut-sleeve shirt. I was intrigued by how I never noticed these things in my best friend -  cause’ I never cared until now. My stare cut short when he suddenly turned to me, raising an eyebrow.

 

“You okay?” his voice trailed in my ear, as I shook it off with a smile.

 

“Yeah, I’m alright. Let’s go to the beach.” I took his hand, trying to avoid eye contact with my heart beating and my cheeks fuming pink.

I’m not in love with my best friend, am I?


We saw the ocean waves crash onto shore, washing away some of the golden sand along with it, some birds flew across the sky spotted with now only clumps of clouds; though still cloudy. We both closed our eyes, taking in the salty smell of the water; feeling it spray on our exposed skin. Just the sound of the waves and smell brought back what I grew up with. I took off my sandals and threw them off the side, then dashed into the cool water while some waves crashed high  up until my knees, others just my toes. Turning around, I gestured V to come into the water, which he mockingly saluted; rolling up his denim jeans and waddled ahead, which I giggled quietly by how cute he looked just doing that. Halfway, he stopped and shivered. “Tomo, it’s cold,” he rubbed his arms. I raised an eyebrow, slowly pushing away the current to him. In all honesty, the water wasn’t the slight bit cold; and because it was so hot out the water was just lukewarm-cool.


“V, it’s not that cold-“ I stated, but suddenly he grabbed onto my waist and his with his other hand gripping my wrist he smirked, just before he fell back into the shallow depth of the water, my body just on top of his. I immediately got up, my black tank top clinged onto my skin and my hair dripping wet, as I glared at V who just stood there wet, laughing.

 

 

“What the hell!” I sputtered, clenching my hands to fists. He stopped laughing and came closer, which I tensed up, making me shiver. He brushed away a wet strand on my face, as he leaned closer.

 

“That wasn’t the only thing I wanted to do.” He cupped my face and before I knew it he kissed me, taking me a few seconds before I responded back, arms around his neck. We pulled apart, as he embraced me. “are we friends, Tomo?” he softly whispered in my ear. I chuckled, looking up into his eyes.

 

“Not friends, V. Much more than that.” I smiled. We shared a soft laugh before he swooped in for another kiss, the warmth of the sun now fully awake in the brilliant blue sky, not a single cloud to disrupt it.

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Oh, how great would it be to be at the beach right now...
The weather around where I live got so cold last night that we were plummeted with almost 15 cm today ><
Yup - welcome to Canada XD

Have a great day everyone~

-B.B