Jimin: Under the Mistletoe

OneSS

A nice and cute Christmas eve with Miki Tamuka and her neighbour Park Jimin.

 


Every year the city goes crazy with Christmas. Green and red lights decorated on the windows of shops and sales spark up for the holiday. It was also a joyous moment for families to come together - especially those who travelled so far to meet their daughter or son  - and also a romantic celebration for couples of all ages.  
And every year, I celebrated it alone. Well, not the forever alone kind. My family usually send me presents from Japan and I always send them back special holiday letters for them in return.

 


That morning my neighbour, Jimin, visited me and I decided to make him breakfast for the time being. "What are you writing?" he asked, peaking over my shoulder. He smelt of my blueberry muffins.

 


"Just my last letter for my brother. I have to bring these to the post mail office before it closes at 12:00 am; or all day for Christmas." after putting it into the envelope I the stamp and closed the flap; putting it where all my other letters are. He stared at them in surprise.

 


"Wow, you make so much during this time. Do you miss them?" he turned to me.

 


"Sometimes. But the city here is so wonderful, and I met you. So in the end, I don't feel so lonely anymore."  his eyes widened and turned away, cheeks soon bloomng pink. I couldn't help but chuckle.

 


Jimin was the first person I met when I moved in. He was really sweet, and even showed me around the area and gave me a little of welcome gifts. We would always talk from time to time, hours till' midnight. Because of us being neighbours we just became really close.

 


"Ah, that reminds me! Tonight they are celebrating at the main square of the district and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?" he offered.
"Well, it's my first time celebrating out of my own country..." I scratched my head. He clapped his hands together.

 


"And the first time with me! C'mon, please?" he balled his fists together in an aegyo; making his eyes big like a puppy.

 


With a sigh I agreed. I know that if I don't fall into his trap easier he would keep persisting. Honestly, the more I hang out with him it's not a surprise.


~


With the night getting dark the streets became bright with lights. People were walking around and dozens of people walked around admiring the mini festivities or were just gathered around the main square listening to those playing an instrument and singing.

 


I was even more amazed by how much similar it is with the festival at home, with the amount of joy in the atmosphere it was as if I never left my country.
We ate some spicy fish cakes and some other special food vendors; and Jimin and I played a few rounds at the games the put up. Can you believe I won 5 rounds of shooting basketball and he lost all of them?

 


"Pfft, that was just luck." He frowned. We sat at the fountain, where the crowd was for the event. I laughed.

 


"Sure it was. How about I make this fair and give you the plushie? I feel bad." I it over. He shook his head.

 


"I'm just playing with you, Miki. Oh, look!" At his direction there were a couple underneath a mistletoe, whom someone was holding. When they kissed the small group cheered and they even thanked the person for it.

 


Was that even an event? Going around offering a mistletoe to couples? "Its normal. They do that every Christmas eve." He explained. Soon they walk towards the the couple beside us and when approaching one of them tripped and the mistletoe landed on my lap. Someone then shouted that it was one minute before Christmas.

 


"Sorry," they apologized. I shook my head, smiling that it was alright. From the distance I heard someone close to saying that it was a minute left.

 


"Wait, before you give that back," Jimin stopped me. I looked at him curiously. With a smirk he leaned in.

 

 

"3...2...1!" The shouts were muffled in my ears as he closed our distance in between. His lips left mine softly and I only heard his words and his only.

 

 

 

"Merry Christmas...Miki."

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

Yay I updated! Believe me oneshots are easy to do but I just need the good amount of inspiration to write ><

Re: Was it a coincidence that I posted this Jimin story a day before he released a song called "Christmas Day" with Jungkook? I heard it and my goodness I'm crying for  how good it is! Seriously I'm not really a fan of Justin Bieber but... omg so proud of my babies ^^

Anyhoo, till then! Merry christmas everyone~

-B.B