Namjoon: Love is in the air...

OneSS

With one simple gesture, a girl name Tamiko Yuu and a boy name Kim Namjoon has their life turned around.

                                                                          
 

 


I was walking down the sidewalk of the shrine, up to the steps of the temple. I lit a stick and placed the flame on the candle, bowing in prayer. When I came down already the grey painted sky turned to a brilliant blue.


Going down the steps I see little children holding out white transparent balloons on silver ribbons. I see a little girl bow thanks to the silver-haired boy, soon running to her mother waiting on the other side. He was just metres in front of me, as I shrugged it off and walked past him. I swore at that moment someone was calling me, and sure enough it was him.


“Hey miss!” the boy called out. He held out a balloon to me, though I just stared at it. “Would you like a balloon?”


I scoffed. “Aren't I a little too old for balloons?” I smiled. He shrugged, still holding it.


“You seemed like you wanted it, after all I saw you staring at me the entire time.” I blushed suddenly.


“I just though that the colour of it is nice...” I admitted numbly. He laughed, which I joined in hesitantly. Smiling I took the balloon anyway and he bowed his head in thanks; the same time I returned the favour.


“Say, what's your name?” he asked.


“Tamiko. And you?”


“Namjoon.” Nodding I was about to leave when he called out again to me.


“Tami! Don't lose that balloon!” I smirked.


“Tami?” I mouthed quizzically. Shrugging he gave me one last broad grin, admiring the new-found nickname. I kept repeating that in my head, soon growing attached to it. Every day form that point on, whenever I went to the temple he was always there distributing the same old balloons as always.


It struck how weird it was that he always had one left; and he would always give me it – not that I was complaining, but we have gotten more closer for those past few days. I kept the balloons he'd given me tied to the out fence on my balcony, and my sister wandered why I still had them.


“They're just balloons,” she complied.


I sighed. “I guess...I guess I just like to keep them for memory.” I simply said. She never questioned what I meant, and to be honest it was hard to explain too. Would you call it as a gift of charity by him? Who knows.


The next Thursday when I went to the temple there was no one giving out balloons. I was thinking that maybe he took a sick leave; but on Friday I saw someone giving them out, and approaching them closer it was just a middle-aged man. Disappointment rippled through me as I went home.


Sighing I grabbed my tea and sat in my balcony, watching the balloons dance with the gentle wind. Already I was about to get up to place the cup in the sink when suddenly I turned to glance back. That's when I saw it. A white translucent balloon floated up; as it bobbed to the top of the balcony roof.


At the bottom of the silver ribbon laid a single letter, my name written in cursive on the back. Cautiously I grabbed it and holding the balloon still in my hand I unravelled the letter. Smiling I descended down the staircase and I already see a particular someone waiting for me.


He smiled shy, shuffling his feet. I smirked and waved the letter in his face. “Would you like me to read it out loud?” he nodded slowly; even with his head down his eyes locked on mine.


To Tami:
 

I'm sorry for not coming the day before, because I was writing this letter and preparing to give it to you in a special way. For these past few days when you past by the temple I just couldn't stop staring at you. I was hoping you would notice me and well, I guess I got lucky. I learned that you were more than just a pretty face.


You're smart, you're kind, and you're just perfect in every way. Honestly what I wanted to say to you when we're face-to-face is...”


Slowly looking up I was suddenly met by his soft lips.
I like you.” he whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

I know, it's been awhile TT TT I didn't get the inspiration for one-shots so I apologize deeply.

I hope you enjoy! Have a great day everyone~

-B.B