Yoongi: Wrong Turn

OneSS

Mami Jyun never expected to get kissed by a boy name Min Yoongi... accidentally.

                                                        
                                                                              


The music in my ears was far too loud for noticing that my friends were calling my name.
“Mami? Mami!” they shook my shoulder. Irritated, I look over with boring eyes and took out my earphone slowly.


“What, what is it?” I tried to level my tone. They snickered; and one of my friends pointed a finger just across the street.

 

“Isn't that Min Yoongi? The one with the grey hoodie.” she deliberately added that extra detail as if I never even knew in the first place as to who the hell she was pointing to. I rolled my eyes.


“Yes, I can see that.” I smiled. My friends and I seemed to know Min Yoongi very well – as we were classmates from middle school. I never knew he was still around the district; let alone my friends still remembered him until they pointed it out. Nonetheless one of them decided to go and chat with him, as almost like a small reunion.


“What if he's with somebody? We can't just disturb him like that.” I began to protest; but they ignored it and continued on to drag me forward. He was just causally leaning against the wall of a department store; his black earphones in his copper styled hair. His head was bobbing up and and down with his hood close around the nape of his neck. They went up to him slowly and he looked at them with surprise, taking off his earphones slowly and letting them rest around his shoulders.


“Hey Yoongi, long time no see,” they greeted casually. He returned a small smile and nodded.


“Yeah, it's been awhile hasn't it?” he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, and soon turned to me. I tensed up at first, but I relaxed my shoulders with an attempt of smiling.


“H-hey Mami,” he stammered. With a relaxed expression I returned the gesture and nodded. We were hardly in the same class, so it was weird that he knew my name even if my friends knew him more than I did. They asked him what school he went afterwards; up to the extent that even joking around if he had a girlfriend.


“Geez, you were waiting to say that, didn't you guys?” he chuckled, which they laughed. I shifted uncomfortably unsure what to pitch in to the conversation. Instead, I decided to grab a few drinks in the store and they agreed. With that aside I figured to get Yoongi one as well.


“What? You don't have to...” he waved his hands at the air around him flustered. I chuckled.


“No worries. Besides – you seem tired from standing there all day with just listening to music.” He blushed, looking away while my friends snickered at each other. With a glare from the both of us I entered the air conditioned store and bought 3 ice teas and 1 melon milk for me. When I came out I heard that Yoongi was soon leaving and my friends made small disappointed sighs. I put on my earphone just when he turned to the corner and without realizing I was there he bumped right into me... his lips on mine. I stumbled back from the impact, and he looked at me in surprise. We both stared at each other for a long moment; with his hand over his mouth and his cheeks a bright pink.

 


“S-sorry, Mami...” he stuttered under his muffled mouth. I looked down and tried my best to keep my voice without letting my loud thrum of my heart in my ears to distract my words. I nodded solemnly.


“It's...alright.” I say, and without a word I picked up my bags and walked away from him and into my friends. I handed them their drinks, though I never said anything about the little 'incident' that had happened. When I came home I threw the plastic bag on my bed and whilst reaching into it thinking that it had been empty; there was still another drink. Taking it out it was the ice tea I was supposed to give to Yoongi. Without a second thought I put it quickly back into the bag and under my bed.

 

I lied down in my queen mattress and for some reason I couldn't sleep. Not with the warm feeling on my lips from the touch of his. Why am I feeling like this... like I am catching a fever? I still wasn't able to answer it, even through sleeping.


~


To my surprise, Yoongi stayed at the same spot; this time with his hair matted down with a cap. I gulped; holding on to my bag and made my way over. I tapped his shoulder, and he jumped for a second whilst clutching to his chest. I smiled.


“M-Mami, what the- God, scared the living crap out of me!” he choked out a soft laugh. Shrugging, I took out the drink and handed it to him. He looked down at it and back at me with raised eyes in question.

 


“It's for you. I was supposed to give it to you yesterday, but I forgot after...” I began to spoke, but he stopped me with his voice.


“I know, you don't have to tell me again.” looking away he took the drink and he gave a simple thanks, as I took note of his fingers lightly brushing against mine. I blushed by the contact, but I remained to play it cool. After the excruciating silence and awkward standbys he managed to speak through it all.


“Did you date anyone during middle school?” he blurted. I shook my head bluntly.

 


“No one seemed to catch my attention.” I said truthfully. He took a swig of his tea and gulped real slowly.


“What if I told you that I fell in love with the girl I liked since middle school and she was right here in front of me?”


I blinked blankly at him. “You mean...”


He nodded. “Yeah, I like you Mami. Even before that... kiss.” I bit my lip and turned away rather quickly.


“How do I know it's not the infatuation talking?” I say scornfully. Pushing himself off the wall he leaned closer to me, and I tensed up by how close he was to my face. He smirked.

 


“Because,” he replied soon after his lips brushed against mine. “This confession and kiss isn't an accident.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note
Hello my wonderful readers! Yay, I managed to sneak in another update ><
Again I apologize for the delay, school is really making me tired and I honestly have no time to update my AFF account :(
I would also like to say you can PM if you have any questions/requests - I would love to talk to you guys ^^

Okay, so I will see you all on the next update, and have a great day everyone~

-B.B