Jimin: Not Alone

OneSS

As I promised, I will be doing a oneshot, and guess who’ll be my first one? Jimin!!!
yup, this idea just came up with me when I couldn’t sleep the other night, so I decided to jot this idea down ASAP. Nonetheless, hope you enjoy ^^
-B.B

 

 

 

 

I was in his house, which the whole week that I was visiting he let me stay over. Jimin combed my copper-coloured hair in his room, which I felt comfortable by how gentle he was. “You’re hair grew quite long, Aiko.” He touched the ends of my hair, which I smiled sheepishly. “So many people think that! I just trimmed it.” I pouted, turning to him. He raised an eyebrow, smiling. “Sure, whatever you say.” We both laughed, then subsided as soon as we realized it was getting late. I patted my pillows, as on the other side of the room. As much as I felt so tired, talking to Jimin was just fine with me. It got my head preoccupied without…realizing to sleep in the dark. I shuddered quietly. “Aiko? You alright?” he asked, his face full of worry.

 

I shook off the thought and smiled back, nodding. “I’m alright.” He furrowed his eyebrows. “Aiko, if you’re worried about something, let me know.” I shook my head, laughing. “No, it’s fine, really! I’m just…glad that I’m able to spend time with you again.” He gave me a soft smile, before planting his lips on my head, hugging me. I wanted to just collapse in his warmth, and forget my fear. I’m trying so hard, Jimin, to prove that I changed. He changed so much (yes, even physically) and I want to prove that I did too. With him doing these small things, It proved he was still caring towards me, no matter how many years we never saw each other. He let go of my waist and we both went into our beds, snugged tight. “Good night, Aiko.” He said.

 

“Good night, Jimin.” And with that I heard the sound of the lamp clicking off. I took a breath, then exhale. It’s going to be alright, Aiko. Jimin is with you. I moved in a position where I saw Jimin’s back, curled tight in his blanket as his body seemed to move up and down. I sighed, turning around. “Sleep, Aiko, sleep.” I whispered to myself, but with it being dark the fear was slowly growing in my head.

 

I pictured the worst scenarios, causing me to sweat, and I felt my whole body shaking. I can’t..I can’t do this. I wanted to scream, cry out my lungs. My fright grew more into a living nightmare. I never realized that I was breathing too quickly until I felt a hand on my shoulder. Sitting up, in the illuminated light from the window I saw Jimin, his dark eyes gazing into mine. “You’re still afraid of the dark, aren’t you?” He whispered. I slowly put my head on his shoulder, sighing in defeat.

 

He knew about my fear, but I didn’t want to admit to him that I still had it to this day. “I’m sorry. I wanted to show you how much I’ve changed.” I heard him chuckling, wrapping an arm around me. Great, he thinks I'm an idiot.

 

“There are some things about you that I don’t want them to change. Your fear of the dark is why I’m here. Without it, I would never be so close to you, or all those other times when we were little. I was always there to protect you, and I never grew tired of it.” He raised my head slightly, as his eyes lingered onto mine. He gently kissed the bridge of my nose, as I felt all that coldness of my stress disappear, leaving the warmth from his touch trailing on. Jimin really hasn’t changed, after all.  “Aiko, lets sleep, okay?” smiling, I layed down on his chest, his arm wrapped around my shoulders as I put mine onto his torso, hearing his hearbeat.

 

Did I overcome my fear? Well, not right away. But it was nice to be with someone who will guide me, who’ll protect from all those that interfere in me trying to change. I cuddled closer to Jimin so my lips were close to his ear. I knew he was well asleep, but it was better of me to say it out loud when he never heard it.

 

“Thank you, Jimin-ah.” I whispered, before drifting to sleep.