Hoseok: Too Sweet

OneSS

 

 


“Thank you!” I say to the lady who gave me a tip on the receipt before she smiled kindly, walking out the door. I was glad that my korean was becoming more fluent, for someone who was a japanese foreigner. After getting a house in the city I decided to to get a well paid job to cover my expenses, which is pretty tough, but I eventually covered a third of it, thanks to the many hours of working with the hot drinks and sandwhiches. As I wiped down the marbletop counter, I heard the bell chime, with Hoseok walking in, his usual hanging chains around his waist and coal black leather jacket, his favourite red cap hung to the side, with his black bangs covering his forehead. I smiled, seeing his warm, cheeky grin at me before he sat down at the table.

 


“The ususal?” I asked, not even bothering to pick up my notepad hanging on the side of my blue cloth, covering half of my pearl white dress shirt. He nodded, as I went to the counter and prepared his hot drink: a dark mocha with a special house cream on top. I slowly poured the cream, using a toothpick making an elaborate design before bringing it over. I sat across from him, as he slowly put his lips onto the rim, making a satisfying sound. “As always Mai, you make the best mocha’s.” I looked down, blushing from his compliment. “Liar.” I smirked. I heard a mocking gasp, causing me to giggle.



“Its true! The other waitresses here don’t add enough cream, so it tastes bitter in the end.” I tried covering my growing smile, my blush deepening. I know we were friends, but why did I feel so flustered up until now? We chatted for almost an hour about his career in being a hip-hop dancer, which he enjoyed a lot, without the long hard hours. We both shared the pain of that, for sure. He sipped up his remaining before I got up to print out his receipt at the cash register. He layed down an actual bill onto the paper before getting up. I stared at it, bewildered.


“Keep the change.” He said, as I looked at him. “But-“ I began, but he interrupted with a hug, that was far different than all the other hugs he’d given me. We usually do one-wrapped hugs, or simple expressions. He wrapped his arms around me and we stayed like that for a while before he eventually let go, leaving me standing there, frozen. “Just, keep it. Alright?” He had a small blush crept on his face, and as much as I hate arguing, I nodded meekly, before he walked out the door. Strange. Very strange.

 

 

~

 

It was one day after that incident, and all seemed to be fine. But for some reason, I wasn’t able to concentrate. I had this tight feeling in my stomach, as if I was missing something, or someone. I tried pushing it away, but the more I worked the more it kept coming back. I began cleaning the table near the window when out of the corner of my eye I saw a little girl holding her mother’s hand firmly as they strolled past, the red cap slightly up to reveal her small almost toothless smile. My heart felt like it sank, with the sudden realization that Hoseok didn’t come today. It was mid-afternoon, and he usually came around now. Maybe he’s busy, but even so my shift was already finished, and not one sign from him. This happened for 2 days, and I suddenly grew worried.


Did he get sick? It probably was the mocha I gave him…oh, God. Why do I always picture the worst scenarios? My shift just ended, as I counted the cash in the cash register I felt a tap on my shoulder, which was my co-worker. “Hey, is it alright if you could clean up the place? I have to go to a family reunion tonight.” I checked out the window, with the city lights that showered outside, I assumed it was 7:30pm. I nodded, which she gave me a quick hug. “Thank you so much! The keys are in the back to close the entrance, and be sure to close the lights.” I gave her a thumbs-up before she walked out into the night, as I sighed.
I managed to clean all the tables and the wipe the cups in the dishwasher before I heard the bell chime at the front. “Excuse me, but we are-“ I stopped and stared, looking at no other than Hoseok himself. “Hoseok.” I mananged to say through the silence. He bit his lip, his hands in his pocket. “I’m sorry if I wasn’t coming to the café regularly as before. I was…busy with something.” I rubbed my elbows, smiling sheepishly.


“I thought you were ill.” I murmured. He chuckled, sitting at the countertop.

 

“Of course not. I would have told you then.” I sighed. Yet you wouldn’t tell me what you were busy for that made me worry so much about you? Wait, since when did I grew so attached to him now? Nonetheless I shook it off and gave him his mocha, but he stopped me in pouring the cream. “Let me do it.” He said, which I hesitantly obeyed. He took the cup from my hands and while swirling the cream in his drink I sat beside him, trying to think of what else to say.

 

Suddenly I heard him cough. “Mai, can I…ask you something?” I raised my eyebrows, taking me by surprise. I nodded. He took in a deep breath before he opened his mouth. “Mai Isamu, I... like you. A lot. And its okay if you don’t feel the same way back. I was busy because I was planning on how to confess to you properly.” I sat there, staring at him, my cheeks pink and my heart beating faster. I can’t believe he just confessed to me, right here, right now! Silence stretched, until he got up, wiping the dust off his dark jeans. “I guess I said it too early haven’t I?” sighing, he walked out the door but I grabbed his wrist, turning him around so we were face to face. I put my lips on his, taking him a few seconds for him to kiss back, wrapping his arms around my waist. I parted, leaving him speechless.

 

“So, when will you pay for the drink?” I smiled.

 

 

 

He smirked. “I will. But, keep the change.” And he kissed me once more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note

Hello! ~ I might be updating the collection twice today, because today I am going to be so busy studying for school and whatnot. (Ugh, always with school, isn't it -_-)

But...yeah. I hope you guys like them so far, which for me one shots are more easier to write than full chapters, so you might think it will only be one-shots from now on.

BUT, that's not the case. I actually am currently working on a new story, so i'll update when I'm actually done ^^

Have a good day everyone!

-B.B