64 Realization

Sacrifice

At that moment, Luhan’s eyes opened as his fingers came up to touch his lips. He blinked a couple of times as he turned around to meet your eyes. Immediately, you began to dry your eyes with the sleeves of your shirt. You didn’t want Luhan to see you in such a state.

“Did you just kiss me?” he asked, a bit surprised.

Abruptly, you stood up, “…I’ll be going now.”

Grabbing your bag, you weren’t careful as you picked it up. Your bag hadn’t been zipped up all the way and as you picked it up, something fell out of it – a single silver pendant – the moon. It had been the pair to the necklace you had given Luhan before.

“How did that get there?” your eyes widened, your voice as quiet as a whisper.

Luhan’s hand reached over as he picked up the silver pendant. Then, he reached into his pockets and pulled out the other extremely familiar object. You watched him as he put two and two together.

Before you could see his response, you did the one thing you knew how to do. You fled the room quicker than the speed of light. You honestly didn't know how to face Luhan after an incident like this. However, there was another way to look at the situation.

It's not like you were going to last in the world of the living much longer, right?

I mean, with all the hints you have been dropping for Luhan, it didn't seem like it affected him too much. It seemed like he was just plainly curious as to why you knew what you did.

Thinking about the whole situation, you realized that the least you could do was to say a better farewell. As a result, isntead of heading home like you usually would do, you decided to fulfill the last wish you had. If you were going to leave again, this time, you were going to leave with no regrets.

You had went through all of Sunday preparing for the big day on Monday. Not only did you prepare something for Luhan, you had also gone out of your way to prepare something for the rest of EXO. Altogether, there were twelve little boxes for everyone that had once stood by your side and helped you in your time of need. You wanted these gifts to show two things – you didn't forget the rest of the boys and that this was your last attempt to reach out to them.

When school resumed on Monday, you had asked Hamin to take you to school a bit earlier than usual. This way, you would know that other students wouldn't be here. With his help, the two of you entered the school before class started and you set the boxes on each of their tables respectively.

"I don't think I'll be in class today," you glanced over at the God of Death as he watched you, "You can come pick me up during our school's breaktime. I want to watch these boys just a little bit more. Afterwards, I'll go with you. I won't resist you. This game, let's just say I lost."

"You still have time," Hamin replied, "Are you sure about this?"

You gave him a bitter smile, "What else can I do? Seven days is not enought time for me to change a boy's heart like this. It's not possible. It can't be done – at least, not by me."

After Hamin gave you a hard look, you turned away, your back facing him. You didn't want to think about anything anymore. Your body was tired. Was this what it felt like when the last bit of energy began to leave you?

Your tears wouldn't flow anymore and it felt like you were already dead. Even though you had this physical body in front of you,  your soul didn't feel energized anymore.

Slowly, you made your way out of the classroom and hid yourself in a dark hallway in the school building that no one visited. If you were there, you were sure no one could find you. Not only was it a bit secluded there, you would still be able to glance around the corner and see the EXO boys in the classroom.

That was more than enough. You leaned your head back as you slid onto the floor. Fate was just too cruel.

When students began to pile in the building, you could hear the familiar voices walking into the classroom and lots of chatter going on among the students of your class. Everyone was confused as to why there were separate, individual boxes on the EXO desks.

"What is this?" Chanyeol blinked as he shook the box, "Is something in this?"

Kai frowned, "Is this some kind of a joke?"

Hesitantly, everyone unwrapped their gifts. Each of them, getting one box of small chocolates that tasted a bit bitter but also a bit sweet. Bittersweet candy – the perfect representation of how your life with EXO turned out.

"...Who's this from?" Tao mumbled as he glanced at the card that had come with his gift, his eyes widening in surprise as he saw the card design, "It's... time?"

The design reminded him of his own special ability of time control. Xiumin glanced over at Tao's card before pulling out his own.

"Frost..."  his voice was quiet as he glanced up at the rest of the EXO, "Guys, pull out your cards. Is it possible that everyone got something that..."

His voice trailed off as everyone held out their card for Xiumin to see. Without a doubt, every single card had the correct ability paired with the user. This phenomena caused Luhan to look at his card. Unlike everyone else's, it didn't only say words of gratitude.

Luhan,
It's been a pleasure working with you for so long.
Sorry for about all the incoveniences I have caused
the kiss included.
You don't have to worry about me any longer since I will truly disappear from your life now.
My time with you has been nothing short of the perfect dream.
It was one that I never wished to wake up from.
Please keep on smiling everyday for the ones who care about you and keep yourself happy.
Once again, I shall ask you to please forget about me.
Thanks for everything.
"Najung"

Luhan's eyes quickly skimmed the words over again as he suddenly realized something weird about this little note you had written him. What did you mean that you were truly going to disppear now?

Did that mean you had disappear once before?

The same thing applied to the second to last line you had inserted into the note. You had written 'once again' which led him to believe that there was definitely something more to you that met the eye.

As he continued to reread the little note in front of him, he couldn't help but feel the familiarity of the language and of the words. Not to mention, you had put quotation marks around your name. In your mind, it had been a little gesture that you had made for him to think outside of the box. Crazy things had happened to the lives of the both of you and this little resurrection trick shouldn't be something he couldn't understand.

Outside, you had slowly picked yourself up the ground and began to make your way out of the school building. Your heart was heavy and now, you felt like everything was ending too quickly. The truth was, and always had been, that you wanted to stay with Luhan and be his one and only.

As you made your way out of the building, Luhan suddenly made the connection. Though he didn't know how everything was possible, he finally understood what everything meant. Though everything else could've been a coincidence, this little incident with the cards couldn't be.

With all the strength he had in his body, he ran out of the classroom. In that swift moment, you heard a voice that called something that made you freeze.

"JUNG HAYEON!"