36 Training

Sacrifice

Luhan stared at his watch as the time ticked onwards. It was now a quarter past eleven and you were still ‘asleep’. His foot shook as he waited impatiently while the rest of the boys continued to practice their gifts – learning to control it well.

Suho had sent a blast of water towards Kris as he flew up, dodging the attack. The one behind him, Xiumin had raised his hand, freezing the water in one motion. Chanyeol slipped by, creating fire that melted the ice away – the water hitting the ground.

Grinning at the chance, Chen pointed at the puddles of water, so a bright flash of lightening hit it, an attempt to electrocute the members. Kai, seeing what he was about to do, immediately teleported to a safe distance.

However, before Chen could do so, Sehun summoned a gust of air while Baekhyun – the light. Together, the heat and air dried the water up before the lightening could hit. D.O raised his foot and stomped on the ground, a loud thundering earthquake appeared – causing everyone to stumble.

Seeing what D.O was doing, Tao focused his mind on the shakes in the ground as it began to slow down – he had made the happening into one that was occurring at slow motion, so it wouldn’t affect any of the boys as much.

Sehun’s eyes slowly made their way over at Luhan who wasn’t participating in any of the training. He knew that Luhan must’ve been waiting for you awakening still. Slightly annoyed, he made a circling motion with his hands and then gestured it towards Luhan.

“WATCH OUT!”

Luhan’s eyes looked up and widened. In a split second, he jumped to the side, dodging the attack. His eyes narrowed at Sehun who he knew was the master of the wind element.

“What was that for?” Luhan grumbled to himself.

Sehun sighed, “Hey. Look, I know you’re worried about her, but you need to be focused. We’re practicing here – not daydreaming.”

Lay nodded, “Didn’t you say needed to get stronger for her?”

“I’m strong enough!” Luhan countered, “I know I’m strong enough. You guys do realize I have the ability to strangle all of you just with one look, right?”

The boys gave each other odd expressions as they rolled their eyes. No one could believe him. Even if you thought that way, they knew that there was no way it was true. None of them were strong enough to go against their creators.

This included Luhan. Even if he did have the ability to strangle people, he couldn’t strangle more than one person at a time. It was limited, what each of them could do, so they had to learn how to work together.

A person’s weakness could be another’s strength.

Finally, Luhan couldn’t take it anymore, “I have to go find her.”

Baekhyun and Chanyeol gave each other worried looks. Was their so-called perfect cover-up story going to be broken so easily? They couldn’t just give up like this.

A bright light shone from Baekhyun’s hands as it blinded Luhan who was now unable to see. He froze and Baekhyun’s light faded away.

“What the hell was that?” Luhan demanded, “Seriously?”

As Chanyeol came forward, a burst of flames came up in front of the boy which caused him to be extremely surprised. The rest of the EXO boys just looked at Chanyeol weirdly since he was the master of the element of fire.

“…Why did you create a fire in front of yourself?” Kai raised an eyebrow, “That’s kind of… stupid, you know? Considering that you want to stop him and all – no yourself.”

Chanyeol just gaped at the burning fire scene in front of him, “That wasn’t me.”

“That’s impossible!” Suho furrowed his eyebrows, “You control fire. None of us can.”

Kris stepped forward, “Unless…”

His eyes trailed over to Luhan’s who had just spun around and headed into the house – his destination extremely obvious and evident.

“Unless?” Sehun asked.

Kris crossed his arms as he thought for a second, “Unless Luhan’s gotten stronger. One aspect of the skill people with telekinesis can do is to speed an object’s molecules up to the point it combusts. That… That just might be what Luhan did just now.”

As the boys began to ponder what had actually happened, Luhan appeared in front of your door. He knocked continuously, calling your name. When he had called out, claiming he was going to break down your door, Kai appeared next to him.

“You sure breaking down her door is the best idea?” he asked.

Luhan nodded, “What else can I do? I have to check on her.”

“She won’t be happy if you broke down her door.”

“What else can I do? You want to teleport in there and help open the door for me?”

Kai sighed, “Man, you’re obsessive. I can’t do that – she’ll hate me. I’m sure of it.”

“But – “ Luhan began.

Suddenly, the door to your bedroom opened as you stepped out slowly, your eyes slowly meeting theirs. Luhan’s head swiveled around as his eyes met yours – something he had longed for – for a long time.

“…Hayeon.”