22 Precious Time

Sacrifice

“Please, please bare with me,” Tao tried to help Xiumin with his wounds, but they only seemed to be getting worse with all the hallucinations he was getting.

A few days ago, the hallucinations had gotten so bad that Xiumin thought he was being ambushed by hunters when it was really only the rest of the pack, coming to wake him.

He had lashed out, using all the frost power he could and tried to freeze everyone.

It’s not as if Chanyeol could melt Xiumin’s frost anymore since he had been weak and feeble ever since he got that gash. Once in awhile, his fevers would reach record high temperatures that it seemed like he wouldn’t ever make it.

However, thanks to Suho, one of the pack leaders, he was able to cool down using the water Suho could summon.

The other pack leader took Kai with him and the two of them went out to search for the missing Luhan and something that had the potential to cure their two members.

Tao’s time control on the wounds was slowly weakening which meant that the two didn’t have much time left.

Kris had flown around the area to sight the boy from afar and Kai teleported around the area, familiarizing himself with the landscape in case another attack from the hunters sprang out of nowhere like it did before.

When the sky became dark, the two would take Baekhyun who would brighten the area with his unique gift of light. Occasionally, Sehun would tag along too if Chanyeol and Xiumin needed the extra care.

He, of all members, was the closest with Luhan and the two were like inseparable friends until now.

Chen and D.O were in charge of keeping a fire going at their campsite in case the nights got too cold for their wolf fur to keep them warm.

Chen used his lightening abilities to send the trees tumbling to the ground while D.O used his ability to control the Earth’s ground to bring the trees back to be burnt.

It was hard at first for the two to start a fire, but they had somehow managed.

“Xiumin and Chanyeol’s situation is worsening much more rapidly now,” Baekhyun continued to bring up the situation since he didn’t know what he would do if he lost Chanyeol.

Kris placed a hand on his shoulder, “I know you care a lot of Chanyeol, but we’re already doing the best we can.”

“We’re not doing everything!” he countered, “You guys are trying to look for Luhan! I… I need you to find a cure for Chanyeol. He’s dying, can’t you see that?”

The poor boy, Baekhyun, curled his fingers up into a fist as he slowly lost the ability to control his emotions. What would you do if you were watching your love die before your eyes and you couldn’t do anything to stop it?

Baekhyun was panicking.

“You know that’s not true,” Suho replied, “We’re looking for a cure for Chanyeol right now too. If Lay can’t heal him, I honestly don’t know what can. However, we won’t give up until the last second. There’s no way we’re going to just leave him like that.”

Baekhyun trembled as he glanced back at Chanyeol who was almost never conscious now due to his lack of blood. He was so scared that he didn’t even know what to do.

Most of Chanyeol’s chest had blackened, but Baekhyun didn’t care. He didn’t care if it was infectious or not. He didn’t care if it got him dirty.

He just wanted to be by Chanyeol’s side.

Gently, the boy leaned down and kissed Chanyeol’s forehead, “Don’t worry. I’ll find a way to get you out of this. I will. I promise. You’ve taken care of me for so long and now it’s my turn to take care of you.”

Baekhyun reached over and took hold of Chanyeol’s hand and he held him close. He just wanted to be there for him.

Suddenly, a loud voice echoed throughout the campsite to which the EXO pack was residing.

“I FOUND LUHAN’S SCENT!” Kai declared as he appeared into view, “We’ve gone in the opposite direction. Luhan went the other way!”

Kris and Suho exchanged glances before they focused their attention on Kai, “Are you sure it’s Luhan and not a trap?”

“No, I’m sure it’s Luhan. There’s someone else’s scent too though, but I know it’s not them, so I don’t think we have to worry about it.”

Chen stepped forward, “Well if that’s the case, we better get going. The boys don’t have long. Maybe Luhan knows a way that can help cure them.”

As the eleven boys morphed into different wolves – white, brown, black – the tossed Chanyeol and Xiumin upon Baekhyun’s and Tao’s back. Then, they all set out under Kai’s lead to find their dear friend – Luhan and as a result, you too.

Time was running out.