I Should Have Known

Still You

 

A/N: Honestly, I have not yet decided on who should end up with who. LOL. I know this is funny, starting a fic without even a concrete ending, that's why I'm relying to how you view the story. This is so complicated, and it will be more complicated in the future.

To the one who said Yeojin and Jonghyun lacked chemistry. If you could explain it to me further, then I'll appreciate it. XD

 


 

“Great. Just great.” So Eun praised when her assistant told her about the approved meeting with Lee Onew's management and the head composer of one of his songs that they will use for the commercial. She just asked her assistant to make a proposal for Onew's management regarding the endorsement. Luckily, they responded positively. “So you're going to meet them later?”

 

“Ah, Manager Jung, they requested to see the Production head instead, so I arranged a meeting under your name.” She announced.

 

“Oh.” Soeun's mouth made an O when she learned about that. Normally, Prod Managers only appear when asked or when it is needed. The one in charge for seeing some people involved are the assistant, who will then report to the manager about what happened.

 

“Onew's manager, Onew himself, and the composer of the song are the people you are going to meet later this afternoon at their company's meeting room located at the 2nd floor of the building. You are expected to be there as early as 3 pm this afternoon.”

 

She nodded – but her mind was filled with thoughts of meeting an old friend again. It's been about 5 years since she last saw a friend by the name of Lee Jinki who is now known in the public as the cute and sweet ballad and pop singer. He was requested by their client to be the major endorser of their restaurant – a restaurant which mainly serves chicken dishes. They want him, for Onew has the trademark of being weirdly obssessed with fried chicken.

 

Just few days ago, she and Minho saw Kim Jonghyun, her ex boyfriend, with his very beautiful wife. And now, she's going to meet another old friend. So Eun felt that slowly, she's coming back to her unfinished past, but whatever happens, she badly needs to keep that huge secret to herself. Now that Jonghyun is married to someone else, revealing this huge secret will only make their lives complicated and more unfair.

 

“I got it, but you still need to accompany me later, okay?” The assistant nodded and she smiled.

 

Few minutes later, her phone rang. “Yoboseyo?”

 

“Ms. Jung. This is a call from Yoogeun's daycare.”

 

“Oh. Is there something wrong?”

 

“Nothing big happened to your child.” The lady said. “But he had fought with another classmate because of some parental issues. If you have the time, can you drop here today to personally talk to me and take him home?”

 

“I'll be there. Thank you.” She immediately ended the phone call and stood up. It's 11:30 am. Going to his daycare by driving will probably take around 30 minutes since her work is a bit far from their place and she still needs to be at SM around 3 pm.

 

“Ms. Baek, can you accompany me now? I need to go somewhere and I don't think I can pick you up later before 3.” Quickly, the assistant left her table to follow her manager.

 

“I'm sorry I needed to drag you somewhere. I just have to come see my son. The daycare called me and it seemed something urgent.”

 

*** *** ***

 

“We were not there when it started, but according to the other kids, Yoogeun started shouting when he was teased by another classmate about not having a real father.” She started. “I'm sorry to ask this but in order to understand Yoogeun's situation, I need to ask this... Is his father not around?” She shook her head, “But he calls someone by the name of Minho appa. Who is he?”

 

“He is a very close friend of mine who used to hang a lot around Yoogeun, but his father... he's not with us.” She said and took a glance over his child who was some meters away and playing with her assistant.

 

“I don't know how his other classmate found out that he has no father with him, and I'm very sorry this happened. However, I think you need to talk to Yoogeun, and explain some things, coz if not, he might grow thinking badly against his father, holding grudges, keeping hurt inside his heart, and as parents and guardians, I know we don't like that to happen.”

 

She smiled and nodded eventually, “You're right, Ms. Kwon.” She uttered. “Though I didn't know I would have to explain it to him so soon. He is just a little boy. He should know nothing right now but good things and simple life.”

 

“Yoogeun is very intelligent. He knows how to think over things and as I can see, he has a great sense of decision making and leadership. You shouldn't belittle your son. Instead of letting him figure out things like this by himself, you should be the one explaining things so he would understand more.”

 

She didn't talk, but just looked at his son dearly. “I'm sorry I had to meddle with such things, but that's only a suggestion of what can you do for him. However, I hope you take me on a light note.”

 

“I do, Ms. Kwon. I appreciate your kindness. Thank you very much.” Both of them stood up and shook hands together. “I will think things through and eventually get there.” She smiled.

 

Taking his son's hand, she smiled dearly. “We'll talk about this when we get home.” She saw the frightened expression on his face so she rubbed his chin to erase that expression. “Umma's not mad.” She assured.

 

Right after they went from school, they arrived at SM company 10 minutes before 3 pm. They went to the reception area for the confirmation.

 

“Ah, yes, ma'am. His manager said they'll call you in a bit. You can just wait on the lounge for a while and we'll just call you out.”

 

“Thank You.” Holding on to his son, they went to the lounge and sat for a while. “I'm sorry Ms. Baek but I guess you need to have an extra job today.” She said with an apologetic look on her face. “You know we can't bring Yoogeun at the meeting, right?”

 

“It's okay, manager.” She said with a bright smile. “Yoogeun is such a nice kid. I know it won't be difficult to take care of him.

 

“Are you the people from Honjun Ad Company?” A person approached the open lounge. “I'm Onew's manager. I'm sorry, but can we just have the meeting here?”

 

Just before she could answer, another two guys enter the lounge – and both of them were familiar to her.

 

“It's okay, hyung, let's do the meeting he-” Jinki stopped when he met eyes with Soeun. “Woah. Jung So Eun!”

 

“Jung So Eun?” Jonghyun looked up from his phone and saw So Eun standing there just few meters away from them.

 

“Oh. Ms. Baek, walk Yoogeun outside for a bit, please.” She told her assistant and she quickly followed and held Yoogeun's hand.

 

“Woah. You and Minho's son? He's cute.” Jinki uttered wearing his cheeky smile. So Eun nodded and smiled for a bit, but eventually, she started the professional talk, leaving Jonghyun and Jinki with no reason to talk to her in a more friendly manner.

 

They talked about Onew as the new endorser of this restaurant, and using Jonghyun's arrangement in order to make a new song that will fit Onew's voice and so as the image of the restaurant. They made positive response to each other and immediately agreed for the plans.

 

“Thank you very much, I'm looking forward into working with you.” She said with her professional posture. “Please excuse me.”

 

She started walking out of the lounge, “Jung So Eun.” Jinki called and followed her outside. “How about some snack together?” He asked and she looked at him. “Come on. We've never seen each other for some years, plus, it's great that Jonghyun's here with us. Why don't you call Minho and if he's not busy, ask him to come? I'll call Taemin and Key. I'm sorry but I am just so excited to see you knowing you're married to Minho.”

 

She frowned, but realized something when Jonghyun walked out of the lounge. She thought maybe Jonghyun told Jinki that they were together and immediately concluded that they're married.

 

And Jinki, as the oldest out of them all, always has this power to gather people up, and she knows by his attitude, he won't let this day pass without all of them gathering up together.

 

“I'll ask Minho to come over.” She simply said and made a faint smile. Jinki nodded.


“Dinner. My treat. Don't forget to bring your son! See you!” Jinki waved and walked back with Jonghyun.

 


 

Chapter 8 - The Reunion