Get Back Quickly

Still You

A/N: And just like I promise some of you, I will do two updates before I call it a day for I have school the next day. I can't stay up until 2 am like how I usually did during vacation. School will officially start for me tomorrow. :) Goodluck to those who are coming back to school as well. Do well!


“The part where she has a selective memory loss is acceptable... but hallucinations her brain regarded as reality? That is quite...”

 

“Depressing.” Kibum continued what Jinki was saying. “Seriously... what more does she need to encounter? She was emotionally wounded basically because of everybody that she loves.” He looked at Jonghyun secretly to see what his reaction would be. The other didn't seem to hear it at all. “When will she get over all of these?” He shook his head, feeling sorry for everything that is happening to their friend.

 

“Always be reminded about what the doctor said... don't push her into remembering things... she might not be so ready for all those things.”

 

“So how? Are we like... gonna tolerate her thoughts that she was with Yoogeun's father that day and he died while she survived? Don't you think it will make her suffer more?” Jonghyun butted in, with a complete displeased look on his face. “She was basically messed up. Her thoughts are disorganizesd. She didn't know what's the reality and what's not. She needed to be reminded by it.”

 

“But not that fast, Kim Jonghyun.” Jinki fought back. “It was traumatic for her... everything that happened. We didn't know what happened in the woods. What if a wild boar really chased her out? We had no idea how she felt during that moment. We had no idea what else she experienced after running away from us. We had no idea how stressed she was. We had no idea at all. At all.”

 

“This is everybody's fault really, and we shouldn't just blame one person or two.” Minho added after a while ago, and then he sighed and shook his head. “No. Maybe it was my entire fault.”

 

“Ahh.. seriously. This endless blaming won't go anywhere.” Jonghyun said and left faster than everybody, leaving the rest behind including his wife.

 

Minho noticed yet another change into Yeojin's reaction. She was being left behind and he had been noticing that since the night they ran to the woods to find Soeun. He slowly made his way beside her. Yeojin was too busy looking at Jonghyun that she didn't even notice him getting closer.

 

“It doesn't feel good, I know.” Minho whispered which surprised her for a while. She then smiled and let out a sigh.

 

“I guess he'll give up on me so soon.”

 

“Does that help that Soeun is in a worst condition right now?” Yeojin looked at him in disbelief. She was in awe and couldn't believe what he just said. But before she could said something, Minho spoke again. “No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way.”

 

“You know I would never wish Soeun to be in this situation... and honestly, what happened didn't really help me get him back. Actually, I think it completely made me lose him.” She chuckled bitterly, “Just look at him now, rushing towards her... while leaving me here, and it seemed like he doesn't care at all about me.”

 

“Don't say that.” Minho said and looked at her apologetically.

 

“What not to say? Everything was obvious. You guys just don't want to open about it but that's what's already showing. We just can't face another difficult situation with this, right?”

 

“Yah...” Minho narrowed his eyes as if teasing Yeojin, when in fact, he was just trying to lift up her heavy feelings. “Why are you talking like it's not that hard for you...”

 

“What's not hard?” Yeojin looked at him and smiled. It wasn't that bright but he knew it wasn't fake either. “Do you want to have some drink tonight?”

 

Minho was surprised and automatically shook his head with his hands waving out in a 'no' gesture. “No it's okay. It's good that you're fine.” He said to which she chuckled. Minho then sighed after a while. “It's a good thing that you can still smile. Such a relief.”

 

*** *** ***

 

Jonghyun walked into Soeun's room. She was sleeping, while Yoogeun was beside his mother just looking over – carefully observing if she ever wakes up and asks for something.

 

Jonghyun rubbed his son's back. “Good job of taking care of omma, son.” He commended and the kid looked at him. “Appa might not be able to do as good as you are. Right now, I can only rely to you when it comes to taking care of her.”

 

“Why appa?” Yoogeun asked.

 

“Omma might hate it if I start caring for her needs.” He opened up. There was a hint of tears in his eyes but he was trying to hold it in for the sake of not letting his son see his weak side.

 

“Will she not remember you anymore? But you're my appa. How can she forget you?” He asked continuously, asking everything that was confusing him at the moment.

 

“It's because of the accident, Yoogeunie.” Jonghyun tried explaining to the point where his son could understant. “There was a lot of shake inside omma's brain that some memories stopped functioning.”

 

“Oh? Does that thing really happen?” He asked again. Jonghyun nodded.

 

“It happened to omma.” He said and sighed. “But let's hope for her to get those memories back. For the mean time, let's not make it too hard on her, okay? Take really good care of her because you're the man. You need to be strong from omma.”

 

“I am. While she doesn't know you yet, then I'll take care of her in your part.”

 

“Good boy. That's my son.” He smiled and rubbed his head more.

 

At that same moment, Soeun started opening her eyes. “Oh. Omma is awake.” He said and immediately held her mother's hand. “Omma, do you need something?”

 

She looked up at Jonghyun first, staring at him as if she was thinking of something. “Aaahh...” Yoogeun uttered when he noticed that his omma was looking at his appa. “He is Jonghyun appa.. my appa.”

 

She frowned. “But your appa is already...”

 

“That was a bad dream, omma... Appa is still alive. Look!” He lifted Jonghyun's hands and wiggled it brightly. “He's alive and still great! You had a nightmare omma. That wasn't true.”

 

“But...”

 

“It's okay, Yoogeunni.. let's not make it so hard for omma, didn't I tell you?” He said and looked at Soeun. “Do you need something, Soeun ssi?”

 

She looked awkwardly at him. “Can.. can I please ask for a glass of water?”

 

“Ah ye.” Jonghyun moved to the table to get her a glass of water. “Yoogeun ah, help omma up so she can sit.” He told Yoogeun to which the kid immediately obeyed. “Here, Soeun ssi... your water.”

 

“Kamsahamnida.” She said and drank the water without even looking at him.

 

“My name is Kim Jonghyun.” Jonghyun told her. “You knew me before. You just forgot me because of what happened. It's okay... I understand.”

 

Soeun didn't gave any reaction and just blankly looked at him. As he start staring at her for so long, Jonghyun felt his heart getting heavy again. She still had the bandage on her head, and some plasters on the right side of her forehead. There was small scratch on her left cheek, along her jawline. Her eyes were serene, as if they were clear because her head doesn't remember anything painful from the past. Her pursed lips broke into a gentle smile. “If I won't be able to ever remember you again, please understand.” She said but Jonghyun nodded.

 

His lips started to shake as he kept on forcing himself not to tear up. “Jonghyun ssi?” When Soeun uttered his name, Jonghyun couldn't help it anymore. His tears fell on his face and his shoulders started to shake. He cried in front of Soeun.

 

“Soeun-ah... Please get them back quickly..” He said as he tried reaching for her cheeks. “Please.. I'm begging you. I can't stand seeing you on this situation.”

 

It was too awkward for Soeun so she avoided his hand that was about to caressed her cheek. “Jonghyun ssi, are you okay?” She asked in such formally way that Jonghyun couldn't take.

 

She seemed really distant and far away. “I'm sorry.” He said with his shaking voice and just ran out of the room.

 

Soeun followed him with her gaze while Yoogeun held his omma's hand. “Now I understand why Sooki never leaves her doll anywhere...” Soeun turned to look at Yoogeun. “Because once she forgets about it, her doll might start crying.”


Next update will be approximately 24 hours for now... by then, please give me lots of comments as you read. :)