Damaged and Broken

Still You

“There was no doorbell.” Kibum complained and frowned. “Not even an intercom can be found here.”

 

“What can you expect? This is a traditional house.” Jinki replied.

 

“There are traditional houses in Seoul which have doorbells and intercoms.” He insisted with the annoyed face again.

 

“We are still in a traditional-like place.” Minho couldn't stand Kibum's constant complaints. “Can you stop complaining and just call out for someone to open the door?”

 

Before Kibum could answer back, Jinki started knocking on the wooden gate. “Is somebody out there?!” He said only a bit louder than his voice. He kept on knocking but no one was answering. “Perhaps, there's no one home?” He looked at the other members and shrugged.

 

Suddenly, a little girl appeared with a confused expression. “Are you looking for someone?” She said and exchanged gazes with each of them.

 

Jinki smiled and kneeled down to look comfortably in the child. “Annyong, little girl.” He waved. “Is someone inside? We're Jonghyun and Soeun's friends. Do you know them?”

 

The girl's face lighted up upon hearing the name of the two. She nodded eagerly, “Aahh!! Yoogeun oppa's parents?!” She asked to which Jinki nodded again. “Deh! I know them! I know them! Are you their friends? They are at the beach right now!”

 

“Beach?”

 

“Deh! Do you want to see them? Come here! Follow me!” The little girl opened the gate and went inside. The other four were hesitant to come in, but the girl insisted that they live there so they don't have to worry because she knew where to go. Jinki just shrugged his shoulders and went ahead with the other three following him.

 

“There is a beautiful beach behind this house. You can also go by that direction but that is too far from here!” The little girl started talking a lot as they went to that direction to which Jinki found so adorable. He liked how the girl seemed very talkative and cheerful.

 

“Hyung. You're smiling too much.” Taemin uttered and elbowed his hyung. “You look like a e.”


“What?!” Jinki was embarrassed about his younger brother's remark. He his his arms and shook his head aggressively. The others just chuckled.

 

“There!! I told you they are at the beach!”

 

The four guys looked at the same direction and saw three persons; a man, a woman, and a little boy walking at the beach and were almost at the waters. The little boy was running around and laughing, while the man and the woman held each other's hands as they sway them together while walking.

 

“Aigoo.” That was the only word that came out of Kibum's mouth as soon as he saw what was happening not so far away from them. “Look at them.”

 

“It was a good thing Yeojin stayed in the car.” Minho uttered – almost speechless. It was painful for him to see the two at that view. He couldn't imagine how painful it would be for Yeojin if she saw it as well.

 

“Yah! You, two!!!” They were all creeped out when Jinki suddenly shouted to gain the attention of the two. Kibum and Taemin wanted to hide, while Minho was nervous to see the two's reaction. “What are you doing, pabo?!!!” Jinki couldn't be stopped as he shouted for the second time.

 

Jonghyun and Soeun both turned. They were both take aback and surprised seeing the other four guys stood meters away from them. Soeun immediately removed her hand from Jonghyun's and kept it to herself. Despite the cold wind at the beach, she felt herself sweating. She was nervous – and suddenly, guilty.

 

He looked at her. She looked back. Both of them didn't know what to do. They were not prepared as they haven't talked about the explanation they'll give them all once they get back. They ended up speechless, and couldn't do anything but wait until the four reached the both of them.

 

“Uncles!” Yoogeun ran in excitement upon seeing them.

 

“Oppa! I told them the way!” Sooki happily told Yoogeun.

 

“Yoogeun-ah, can you go to the house for a while, and we'll just talk with uncle?” Soeun tried to hide her nervous expression and calmly talked to her son. Yoogeun was doubtful, but still obeyed his mother and went back to the house while holding Sooki's hand.

 

“So this is it?” Jinki raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. “You were all making us worry back in Seoul while you, two, were enjoying some good times together here? Nice.” He said – almost mocking.

 

“Hyung, I...”

 

“No. Don't explain to me.” Jinki raised his palm towards Jonghyun to stop him. “We get it all, Jonghyun. We certainly get it all, but this isn't the right thing.” Jinki looked at Soeun this time. “This isn't the right thing, Soeun. You know very well that this is very wrong.”

 

“I know.” Soeun looked down in embarrassment. She was guilty of whatever these guys will accuse her. She knew she had done a very wrong thing.

 

But how could she not? She had sacrificed everything right from the start. All she wanted is to be happy... just for a short while.

 

“It's time to go back to the real world.” Jinki said after a while. “I know. I know definitely what is going on, it's just that... it's over. Everything's over between the two of you, so please, let's move on and get back to the reality.” He turned to Jonghyun. “We went with Yeojin. She's in the car. It was a very good thing that she didn't went with us here. I think she probably felt something that was why she's afraid of going.”

 

“Go to her.” Minho said to Jonghyun. “She's expecting you to see her there so go.”

 

Jonghyun looked at Soeun, and though she knew it might mean letting him go again, she nodded and pushed him softly so he could leave. He stared at her but she nodded again, assuring that she will be okay.

 

“Reality, Kim Jonghyun.” Soeun uttered, sad, but there were no tears. “The reality is you belong to someone else, so you should go to her instead.” She nodded for one last time. “Don't make it hard for the both of us, just go.” She insisted.

 

It was difficult for him as well, but still, he started walking to see Yeojin who was waiting in the car.

 

“Not everything is over.” As soon as Jonghyun disappeared, Soeun's tears started showing up. Jinki, Kibum, Minho and Taemin were all surprised, for she appeared very strong when Jonghyun was still around, and now that he's gone, she suddenly looked so vulnerable and weak. “It's not yet over, but I know it should be.”

 

“Soeun-ah.” Minho looked apologetic towards her – secretly blaming himself that he was the one who made everything as worse as this.

 

“I'm fine. I just couldn't figure out how to move on. I can't. I couldn't. I tried so hard to move on. I tried living my life for five years without thinking of him, but I can't. When I learned he's married, you didn't know how harder I tried to move on, but I can't...” She choked up and sniffed. Her. She bit her lower lip as if trying to supressed a loud sob that was about to come. “Believe me, I didn't want to be in this situation... but I can't. I can't... I can't...” Her shoulders were shaking. She obviously wanted to cry so loud but she didn't allow it. Her voice trembles as her tears freely flowed down her face. “I love him. I still love him. I never stopped loving him... that's the truth, but that isn't the reality, and it hurts... it kills me.” She made few steps backwards, and when she had enough distance from them, she turned around and ran away.

 

“Yah, Jung Soeun!” Minho was about to run after Soeun but Kibum stopped him. “Yah! Kim Kibum! I need to follow her!”

 

“Give her time to think alone!” Kibum shouted. “The thing is, we mislooked the pain Soeun was going through and we only thought about Yeojin. Yes, Yeojin is badly hurt from what's happening, but that girl, Jung Soeun, has been experiencing the same pain starting six years ago! You must be the one who can understand her the most! Come on, give her a break! Just for few hours!”

 

They watched as Soeun went somewhere. She probably needed some time to be alone. Away from Jonghyun, away from Yoogeun, away from Minho, away from everybody. She needed to think things through, to let it all out with herself.

 

She was badly damaged, too, and no one could heal her but herself.


- No next chapter title from now on - 

I suddenly thought of something to add up to the twist. I don't know but maybe it could make the story longer - or shorter. LOL. It was something unexpected that just came into my mind... I'll tell you the part that is not even included in my plan... when that chapter comes in. :) 

 

Oh. Yes. The next chapter will be the one that I unexpectedly just thought about. HUHUHU ~ Half scared but excited to see how things go from that. 

 

Oh, and yeah. there could be massive updates but yeah, I won't still be able to finish the fic before the semester starts, that means no ending on June 4. The fic will still continue.