You can't

Still You

The five guys together with Yeojin and Yoogeun were sitting at the living area together. They were silent, and were patiently waiting for Soeun to come back. “Omma.. why is she taking so long?” Yoogeun whispered constantly. He was bored and already wanted to see his mother.

 

Suddenly, the ahjumma who takes care of the house arrived while holding Sooki's hand. “Is she back?” She asked Jonghyun referring to Soeun. He shook his head and the ahjumma frowned. “But it's already 7 pm. Do you know where she went?” This time, she switched gazes from the other guys including Yeojin.

 

“Ahjumma...” Kibum called her attention. “We saw her running towards the woods. I thought maybe she needed some time to think so we just allowed her to run away for a bit.” He said, but it ws obvious on his tone that he was starting to get worried as well.

 

“Woods?!” The ahjumma was both taken aback and in panic. “She ran to the woods? To the forest? And she hasn't come back?! It's been more than an hour!”

 

“Is there something wrong, ahjumma?” Jonghyun asked as soon as she read that worried expression on her face.

 

She looked at Yoogeun but eventually just told the truth. “It is very dangerous in the woods. There are wild animals and...”

 

“.” Jonghyun let out a curse and didn't finish hearing what the ahjumma was saying when he just immediately went out of the house to run towards the forest.

 

“Jonghyun-ahh!!” Yeojin shouted and stood up. She was too late to even stopped him for he was already gone the moment she realized it.

 

“Yeojin-ah, stay here and look after Yoogeun.” Minho stood up and looked at the ahjumma. “Do you have any flashlights or something that can be source of light. It's too dark in the woods.”

 

“There are flashlights and lamps here at the halmeoni's closet.” She moved so fast to get those flashlights and gave them to the guys. Without any words, the other guys went out of the house, all worried and scared that something might happen to Soeun there at the woods.

 

“Guys, be sure to take care!” Yeojin shouted once more because she knew she couldn't be of any help.

 

“Auntie, what's happening?” Yoogeun asked innocently but Yeojin just let out a smile. “Where are they going?”

 

“They're going to pick your mom up.” She rubbed his back to comfort him though she knew she didn't have to do that. “Let's just wait here, okay?”

 

*** *** ***

 

“Soeun-ah!” The five of them shouted as they entered the dark woods. “Soeun-ah, where are you?!!!” Minho shouted even louder.

 

“This can't be of help. Let's seperate.” Jinki suggested. “Jonghyun, Minho, go together. Kibum, Taem, let's go this way.” He ordered and looked at the other two. “If you found her just call us out. Be wary of your surroundings, guys. It's dangerous.” He said and they parted into two groups.

 

“Soeun-ah!!! Soeun-ah, where are you?!!” They kept on calling hoping for her to answer back. “Soeun-ah!!!!!!”

 

It was even hard to find someone in the dark. They have limited source of light, and the tall plants and thorny stems that were on their way were greater hindrances, but that didn't stop them to search for Soeun. They should find her. They should go back with her.

 

Jonghyun hoped that the worst scenario will only be Soeun lost in the woods and couldn't find her way back. He hoped she was just there, walking in the dark, and soon if they walked far enough, they will eventually come across her and will see her finally.

 

He just hoped nothing bad happened to her. She was fine. There was nothing to worry about.

 

Jonghyun and Minho kept on walking, until they stopped upon hearing a crackling sound. They looked at each other, and silently observe their environment using their feelings. Minho slowly lurked his flashlight towards a certain direction.

 

As it was directed from a certain spot, both of them were surprised to see a wild boar few meters away from them. He was busy digging something into his place beside a huge tree.

 

“Control your breathe.” Minho uttered in an almost whisper. “It should not notice that we're here.” He added which Jonghyun quickly followed. He lowered down the direction of the light to lessen it's brightness that could possibly bother the boar. They decided not to move, for it would be more dangerous if they try to get away from that place.

 

Around 3 minutes later, they saw the boar running towards some other direction which was farther than them. That was the time when they let out a sigh of relief. “Are you okay?” Minho asked Jonghyun and he nodded. “Let's go.”

 

Jonghyun started walking but his heart skipped a beat when he suddenly fell out of balance and slipped into a steeper part of the forest. “!” He cursed but Minho immediately caught him.

 

“Are you alright?”

 

“Yeah. What is this, a cliff?” Jonghyun was irritated and directed his flashlight towards that direction to look better.

 

“Come on, let's go to that direction. Be careful.” Minho said and was about to walk when Jonghyun stopped him by his arm.

 

“Look down there.” He said and both of them stared for that seemingly human like figure that was on the lowest part of the ground.

 

“!” Upon realizing who it was, Jonghyun quickly slid himself down the steep to go to him. He ran like there was no tomorrow, both rapid and on a rush. He didn't want to waste any more time. “Soeun-ah! Yah! Jung Soeun!” He hurt himself upon going down the steep, but he didn't care.

 

“JINKI HYUNG! Over here!!!!!!” Minho shouted before going down following Jonghyun.

 

“Yah, Jung Soeun!” Jonghyun shouted and immediately check on her. “Soeun ah, wake up!” He said in panic and lifted her head. He was surprised to find blood on his hand as soon as she touched her face. “She's hurt. Minho, she's hurt! Come on! Get some help! She's hurt!” He didn't know what to do. “Soeun-ah, yah- Soeun, stop sleeping! Soeun-ah!” He shook her head to wake her up, but there was no response coming from her. She didn't even move. She was completely unconscious. “Yah! Jung Soeun!”

 

The other three came, but as soon as they figured out what was happening down there, Jinki insisted that they should go back to ask help from other people to get her up and take her immediately to the hospital.

 

“Do it fast!! She's losing too much blood!” Minho couldn't calm as well. There was so much blood on Jonghyun's palm, and her face was full of blood as well. “Jung Soeun! Jung Soeun can you hear us?” They kept on talking hoping that Soeun would hear them – but still, there was no response.

 

“. Where's the help?! How long are we going to wait here! Soeun needs to be taken to the hospital!” Jinki and Taemin left just a minute ago, but it felt years for Jonghyun for he really wanted to save Soeun immediately. “Yah! Fastteerr!” He shouted and couldn't really stay still.

 

Minho reached for her neck and felt her pulse. She was still breathing but they felt her getting colder. “No. Soeun-ah. No.” Minho called out again and held Soeun's hands tightly. He was trying to warm her up. “Soeun-ah. No. Please wake up!”

 

“Yah!” Jonghyun was certainly out of his mind as he kept on rubbing her arms, hoping it would wake her up. “No. This is not helping. Come on, let's try to get her out of here.” Jonghyun stood up and tried lifting her up, but the steep was too high that they won't really be able to carry Soeun with them as they go up.

 

Jonghyun didn't know how long it took before help arrive. He was bothered. He didn't want to admit it, but upon seeing how miserable she looked, he knew they could lose her any moment before help could even arrive. He secretly started to cry, afraid as hell that she would be gone in snap of seconds. He didn't want it to happen. No. Never.

 

“Soeun-ah...” He hugged her tightly and talked close to her ears. “No. You can't leave me. You can't leave Yoogeun. Come on. Soeun. Try holding on. Help will arrive soon.”

 

His tears fell down on her cheek. “Soeun-ah. You can't. I can't let you go. Please. I love you so much. You can't.” He kept on uttering but he was starting to lose hope.