This Couldn't Be Right

Still You

A/N: 2 immediate updates for you guys. Be sure to give me some love after, okay? Your comments make me always want to write more and more and more ~ Tell me how you think on the comment box!


Yeojin looked away as tears started to form on her eyes. She wished she wasn't there at that moment. She would rather be clueless forever than be hurt so much by knowing the truth.

 

Yoogeun was in Jonghyun's arms as he fell asleep. His one arm lifting Yoogeun, the other reached down tightly holding Soeun's hand. She was not sure why her husband had to do it. As soon as he lifted Yoogeun and made him fall asleep into his arm, he took Soeun's hand and held it tight as they walked.

 

She couldn't bear seeing her husband hold another person's hand – specifically his ex girlfriend. Well, no wife in the world would bear seeing their husbands like this. No one would ever want to be in Yeojin's situation.

 

“Can we go back? I've seen enough.” She was sitting inside the car next to Minho, who had called her few hours ago asking about her whereabouts. She was in doubt of him – confused as to why he suddenly contacted her when they were not even that close, but because he's one of Jonghyun's closest friends, and the boyfriend of her another friend, so she went with him with complete trust.

 

He told him she needed to see something, and that it was very important, and that she needed to understand everything.

 

Minho didn't talk so Yeojin did again, “Minho ssi. I want to go home. Please, drive me home.” She plead nicely, but Minho only sighed.

 

“It was a picture of a complete and happy family.” Yeojin closed her eyes tightly as she heard those words coming out from Minho. No, she thought, they could never be a family because the wife is her, and not Soeun. “I bet Yoogeun's so happy right now.”

 

“Minho ssi, please. Why are you doing this?” She looked at him with almost swollen eyes and reddish nose. Minho saw it and was surprised, he knew Yeojin will be hurt, but he was still surprised at how teary she was becoming. Slowly, he pulled out a hanky on his pocket and gave it to Yeojin, but she didn't take it and said she was fine. “I don't know what's going on. Maybe you and Soeun got into the fight, and that you want me to get angry. Tell me? Are you still Jealous of Jonghyun? I remember you were the one who told me not to be jealous and just try to understand the situation. Are you seeking my help of taking Jonghyun away from Soeun and Yoogeun?”

 

He shook his head. “Actually, I want you to see how much better it would be if the two of them end up together instead.” He revealed which made Yeojin very surprised. “We broke up, because it was obvious that they were still inlove with each other.”

 

“No.” Yeojin quickly defended. “Jonghyun and I are together. It's me that he loves the most. Minho ssi, don't make stories up.”

 

“I wish I am making up these stories.” Minho looked at her and their eyes met. He noticed how red her cheeks and nose were becoming. That was the only time he noticed Yeojin's really fair complexion. “I was like you before, trying not to believe that what I'm seeing isn't real. Trying to believe that what I was actually believing in was the only thing real.”

 

“No, stop. You don't know about me and Jonghyun, and you don't need to do this. You don't need to show me these things.”

 

“It's a wake up call.” Minho said.

 

“No. I said no.” She said it so softly though it was obvious that she got irritated already. “You're mistaking Jonghyun for some feelings that he doesn't have already.”

 

“Then just look at him. You know Jonghyun more than anybody else because you've been together for so many years.” Minho got into the point. “Open your eyes and look at him. See his expression. See how he looks at her. What do you see? What emotions do you think he has right now?”

 

Though it was painful, Yeojin looked at Jonghyun from the tinted glass and focused on his expression. She bit her lower lip, trying to hold any hurtful emotion that was inside her heart. No, she thought to herself, this can't be. Minho was just probably over thinking. He was just probably insecured of Jonghyun. That's how guys are, usually. They tend to be more jealous than how girls are.

 

She looked at Minho and flashed a smile with her eyes sparkling with tears that were about to fall. “It's his expression saying he is happy to have Yoogeun, and is thankful of Soeun for raising the child really well.”

 

Minho frowned and was amazed at how did she even manage to say those things when it was obvious that she's hurting. He knew both of them love those persons so much, it's just that... they love them in a completely different way. Minho will sacrifice, let go, and help her be happy, while Yeojin will tolerate her pain, hold on though it was hard, and still put all her trust to the one she loves.

 

Though Minho saw how badly hurt Yeojin could feel with all the plans he was about to make, he couldn't still help but do all those things to make Soeun happy. Yes, he was desperate, and was damaged so bad. But he would rather see himself in misery alone than see Soeun suffer with him. If she could be happy by any means and he could be of help, then Minho would do whatever it may take.

 

“Minho ssi.” Yeojin stared at him for a while and then she laughed. “You look like a child who's trying to get someone take your side. I got it. I understand you, can we go back now? It's not right to see a married woman be with someone else in the car.”

 

“It isn't right to see a married man holding someone else's hand as well.” That made Soeun stopped laughing. “I'm sorry.” He quickly apologized and started the engine. “You should get home before Jonghyun does.” As he said it, the car immediately started moving and they left together.

 

*** *** ***

 

Jonghyun lay Yoogeun on the bed and covered him with blanket. He kissed his forehead before turning to Soeun who was just behind him at that time. “I'll go ahead.” He said and started walking out of the room.

 

“Why did you come to pick him up?” Soeun asked following him outside.

 

“Minho called me up saying he won't be able to pick Yoogeun up so I did.” Jonghyun simply answered. She nodded, thinking that it was a setup made by Minho.

 

Minho called her telling her no one's gonna pick up Yoogeun, and then he called Jonghyun as well saying the same thing. Basically, it seemed like he wanted the two of them to see each other, which Soeun didn't completely understand.

 

“I'm leaving.” Jonghyun said before he could reach the door.

 

“Thank you and please go safely.” She said and watched as he went out of the door. When she heard Jonghyun's car leaving, she took her phone and dialled Minho's number.

 

“Deh, Soeun-ah?”

 

“Did you do it on purpose? Making me see Jonghyun?” She asked straightly. Minho couldn't answer at first but then he finally admitted it. “Why? Why did you do that?”

 

“You should see him. Your family should be built.” Minho answered.

 

“But Minho, Jonghyun is already married. Why are you still doing this? I don't think it's right to set the two of us when we know Jonghyun's already committed to Yeojin. What will Yeojin think if she knew about it?”

 

“I'm sorry Soeun. But remember that I'm doing this for you.”

 

“I'm not asking you to do anything for me.” Soeun said to him. “I mean.. I'm grateful for all the things you've done, but really, I don't wish you to think of my happiness from time to time. I am moviong on. Please, Minho yah.. Just let me move on.”

 

“I know you're trying so hard, but you can't. It's been almost six years but your feelings are still the same. It's hopeless, Soeun ah. You love him so much. Be honest to yourself.”

 

“Whatever I feel, you still don't have the right to meddle with it. Jonghyun and Yeojin are happily together. I don't want to cause whatever misunderstanding they could have.” That and she suddenly ended the call. Minho tried calling, but Soeun turned off her phone.

 

Without any further thoughts, she went into their room and took out a huge bag. One by one, she started packing all her things while thinking of where to go. She never wanted to ruin any relationship. She knows Minho. She knows how he could do everything to have a successful mission. She doesn't want to cause any trouble to them. “I'm sorry, but we really need to go away.” She whispered to herself as she took all Yoogeun's clothes and placed it into a smaller bag.

 

She paused for a while and looked at her son's sleeping face. She went beside him and kissed his forehead. “I'm sorry my dear, but we are not meant to live with your appa. We'll come back one day, when everything is settled and all have completely moved on. For now, let's just keep our distance. I love you and I want to make you happy, but omma really needs to do this.” She said while rubbing his cheeks.


Chapter 37 - The Only Option is to Run