Happy When I'm With You

Still You

 

A/N: Slowly, we will get to the point when you, yourselves, will start realizing what the story is all about. So go on~

 


 

“Kim Jonghyun-ssi... please wake up.” Yeo Jin whispered after coming back to the room from the kitchen. She woke up really early that morning and had the energy to make good breakfast for her husband. “Kim Jonghyun-ssi...” She whispered closer to his ear this time.

 

He slowly opened his eyes when he heard that sweet sound. “Finally, you wake up.” Yeo Jin uttered happily and kissed him on his cheek. “Come on, yeobo, let's have breakfast.”

 

Instead of getting up, Jonghyun pulled Yeo Jin and enclosed her in his arms, making Yeo Jin laughed but struggled to get up again. “Yah! Yeobo! Stop joking around!” She whined cutely but Jonghyun only laughed at his struggling wife.

 

“I want to hug you like this forever.” Jonghyun said with his sleepy voice. “I really want to stay like this forever with you.”

 

“Forever is a big word, Kim Jonghyun.” Yeo Jin uttered. He immediately opened his eyes and rolled her over to face her. The atmosphere between the two of them became serious as Jonghyun made their eyes locked.

 

“What do you mean?” Jonghyun asked – wondering and confused.

 

“If you say forever, then that's the day until we die. Are you sure you're going to stay with me until that day?” Jonghyun sighed after hearing Yeo Jin's words. “Come on. I'm just that afraid of losing you, and whenever you promise me with the word forever, I get scared.” There was an obvious fright on her voice and her eyes got a bit wet.

 

“Aigoo~ My wife.” Jonghyun held her face and placed a sweet kiss on her forehead. “Don't be scared. I promise you forever.” He said while looking into her eyes. “I love you.”

 

“I love you, too.” She answered in a weak voice.

 

“You don't need to worry at all, sweetie.” Jonghyun chuckled and hugged her tightly while they were on that position. “I married you because I wanted the both of us to stay like this forever... I mean forever... until we die.” He uttered again. “Should we go out tonight?”

 

Yeo Jin's eyes sparkled after hearing such great suggestion from Jonghyun. “Are you sure?” Jonghyun nodded and even pinched her left cheek. “But you need to promise me you'll go home early!”

 

“I promise.” Jonghyun took her finger entwining with his to ensure a pinky promise. “I'll wash our clothes for the whole month if I break my promise of going home early tonight.” He added.

 

“Sure. It's a deal.” Yeo Jin giggled. “But for now, we both need to rise up coz you still need to go to work. Come on! Go early so you'll get home earlier!” As she was about to get up, Jonghyun pulled her again, occupying her lips with his.

 

“Can we have at least one before we get up?” Jonghyun almost whispered after breaking the kiss. Instead of answering, Yeo Jin pinched his nose and pushed him a bit farther from her. “Awww!!!” Jonghyun whined. “My nose!”

 

“Such a you are!!” Finally, Yeo Jin had the chance to get away from his arms. She stood up and stuck out her tongue to . “I am not giving you what you want unless I have fun out tonight.”

 

“Is that a promise?” Jonghyun asked with a smirk.

 

“That's a promise.” With what Yeo Jin uttered, Jonghyun immediately jumped off his bed with so much energy.

 

“Then let's go!” He wrapped an arm around Yeojin's shoulder. “But before we go down, let me have my wife's morning kiss.” Yeojin giggled but gave in to her husband's request as she gently placed a peck on his cheek. They both giggled at each other before going down.

 

It was actually because of Lee Jinki that Jonghyun was able to easily enter SM Entertainment. It was only a month before the graduation when he received a call from his long time friend from South Korea.

 

Jinki? What's up?” Jonghyun answered excitedly after knowing that it was Jinki on the other line. “Yahh~ It's been four years. How are you?! I heard you're the big thing now ~ Lee Onew ~” He said, mentioning Jinki's stage name.

 

Lee Jinki and Kim Jonghyun were close friends since grade school. He knew ever since how his friend dreamt of becoming a singer one day, and lucky for him, he was able to enter SM Academy as a trainee few months before Jonghyun got the chance to fly abroad to study composition. Since then, they still kept in contact for a year but it was disrupted when Lee Jinki debuted as a solo singer under the same label.

 

Yah~ Let's talk about me once you get home. But anyways, I tried hard to reach you because I have some news. Are you planning to work here after graduation?”

 

Of course. I can't be a songwriter here. Living here in four years but my english still . What about your news? Is it about job?”

 

You bet.” Jinki announced which made Jonghyun really excited. “SM's going to start hiring for the new set of song writers in the company. If you want to join, then quickly send them one of your compositions, or two, maybe three ~” Jinki laughed at himself. “Whatever. It's better if you include some of your achievements and also include that you're a graduate of NEC.”

 

I haven't graduated. Still need to wait for one month.”

 

You can quickly explain that. Come on, your record is exceptional. I think they will especially consider you. I'll text the contact details to you later.”

 

Cool! Thanks, bro.”

 

Jinki told Jonghyun he wanted them to work together as a team so when he saw an opportunity for it, he quickly took the initiative of informing him for the application. After sending in the contact details, Jonghyun did what Jinki said and sent three of his compositions to the company. Few days after he sent these with the details, an SM representative made a call of interest and told him they were impressed with his compositions and his exceptional degree as he studied composition in Massachusetts. Without further interviews and requirements, the company hired Kim Jonghyun and asked if he can go back to South Korea immediately after graduation.

 

- - -

 

“So, are we having a drink tonight?” Jinki asked as he and Jonghyun sat before the piano to assess the beat and tone of the songs on Onew's upcoming album.

 

“I can't. I have a date with my wife.” He smiled as he flipped the pages of his music book, getting to the page where the notes for the song is written.

 

“So cute.” Jinki teased to which Jonghyun only shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Jinki hyung is just jealous because he's 25 and doesn't even have a girlfriend.” Because they were close friends and Jinki was older than him only by few months so they decided not to treat each other as hyung and dongsaeng. It was just during this time, when Jonghyun teases him, that he would actually address him as hyung.

 

“I'll get there, you bet.” Jinki nudged at him and chuckled. “And it's cool not to be tied down with someone – all committed and should always go home early.”

 

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders. “It is a happy feeling, though.”

 

“Anyways, I saw Minho on TV last night when I went home.” He changed the topic and said something about their other friend – who they haven't seen for years as well. Everything changed after their highschool graduation, and so are their schedules and how often they meet as friends. “He is actually a part of our National Soccer team.”

 

“Yah. That kid. After reaching for his dreams, he never looked back.” Jonghyun chuckled and shook his head. He hit Jinki's tummy slightly, “We need to get him so we can bond together again. Same goes to your brother, Taeminnie, and Key, once we're not all busy.”

 

Choi Minho and Kim Kibum are their hoobaes way back gradeschool and highschool years, but together with Lee Jinki's younger brother, Lee Taemin, they formed a friendship among each other which kinda went a bit on hiatus when they seperated to find their own path towards their dreams. Jonghyun wished to be with them once in a while, and talked about what happened these past years that they weren't together.

 

“Have you seen Seo Eun?” Jonghyun stopped smiling the moment Jinki mentioned her name. He shrugged, and acted as if she was not that important. “Jonghyun-ah...” The older placed his hand on the younger's shoulder. “You have a life now, your wife, and you're starting to build a family with her. For once, don't you want to settle things with Seo Eun and forget about everything that happened in the past?”

 

“I'm happy now, Jinki.” Jonghyun answered. “And I think we don't need to talk about her anymore since we have forgotten each other for five years now. We were just kids back then, I'm sure she has her own family now as well.”


Chapter 3 - So We Meet Again