The Need to Fight

Still You

 

A/N: Isn't this a fast update? Yeah, coz Kim Jonghyun's back!! XD



 

“No.” Jonghyun hit the wooden table with his pen as he tried waking his senses up. “No. Kim Jonghyun. Focus.” He told himself and sat properly again while trying hard to regain his attention back to his work. “Come on, Jonghyun. This is due on Thursday.” He persuaded himself for the nth time.

 

There are these times when they are asked to write some composition for a period of time, and today, the producer asked Jonghyun to immediately pass a sad love song that will be released as F(x) Luna's solo song for their comeback album two months from that day.

 

For the nth time, he tried to focus as he kept himself in tact while immediately grabbing those thoughts that kept on flying away from him. He was starting to get annoyed – not to anyone but rather to himself. He took his phone instead and dialled Yeojin's number.

 

“Yeoobbooo~~” She answered on the other line with her sweet and gentle voice. “I miss you...”

 

“Miss you, too.” He said and closed his eyes tightly. Yeojin-ah... Yeojin-ah...

 

“What time will you go home?”

 

“I don't know.” He opened his eyes and thought for a while. “Probably around 7 or 8 pm.”

 

“I am going home a bit late.” Yeojin answered on the other line. “I need to finish a lot of things here first.”

 

“Oh. Should I pick you up?”

 

“Are you sure? Okay... Around 7:30, maybe?” They both decided to go home together as Jonghyun will pick his wife up from her work. “Yeobo... we agreed on this already, right? You told me it's okay if I continue modelling for a while.” She was uncertain, but decided to open the topic over the phone. “I accepted a 6 month contract under an endorsement. It's a beauty product.”

 

“Wow. That's great!” Jonghyun exclaimed and naturally felt proud about his wife. “Wah, Jagi~ You're really great. I am happy for you.”

 

“Thank You.” Yeojin answered quickly. “Oh, Yeobo, the boss is calling me right now. See you tonight, okay? Love you!”

 

“Love you, too.” He ended the call while still smiling. He just felt proud of Yeojin because eversince, he wanted her to do whatever that is making her happy, and seeing that Yeojin's going back to her career, he's just happy about that.

 

“Good. It's time to go back to work now, Kim Jonghyun.” He knew calling his wife was never regretful, he was on a happy note regarding her good news.

 

You moved on, Kim Jonghyun... whether that's true or not, you still have to believe you moved on, and just do it for real.”

 

He was not doing it on purpose, however, that same words Jinki told him just went into his mind after a while. It was like an echo, and that in his mind, Jinki's sentence kept on playing and he kept on remembering about it.

 

“I moved on. Definitely. What's not true about that?” He started talking to himself and chuckled. “I moved on. Really.” He insisted on himself.

 

But in reality, it's hard to fight when your mind and heart go together in dictating what you are going to feel.

 

Soeun-ah! Soeun-ah... please... let's talk!” He kept on shouting outside the closed porridge shop that night before his flight the next day. Thinking about leaving without even having to settle things with his girlfriend, Jonghyun just couldn't take it. “Soeun-ah... please, just talk to me one last time.”

 

The owner of the porridge shop, an old woman who was known to be close to Soeun, went out wearing an apologetic expression. “Jonghyun-ah.. it's almost midnight. You should go home and have some rest.” She said as she tried pushing him away gently.

 

Halmeoni... please, just let me talk to Soeun. Please, Halmeoni, just this once. I need to see her.” He plead, almost begging on his knees. A spark on the old woman's eyes were seen, as if she was about to cry as well. However, she went forward and helped him up.

 

Let's respect Soeun's decision, Jonghyun-ah.”

 

No, Halmeoni... I can't leave with us being like this. Soeun-ah! Please! I can't leave like this! You can't leave me like this! No! You love me! We have plans! You said you will hold on no matter what happens. You said you won't leave me! You said you will wait for me! Soeun-ah!!” He kept on shouting outside the porridge shop with hopes that Soeun could possibly hear him and would eventually go out to see him.

 

But there was not even a shadow of her.

 

Jonghyun-ah... don't make it too hard for yourself as well. Go home. Have a rest and take a safe flight tomorrow.”

 

Halmeoni...” Jonghyun held tightly into the old woman's hands. “Do you know what's happening? Is there something wrong? Did I do something wrong? Halmeoni... please... I need to know what's happening.” He cried so hard in front of the old woman whose heart was broken as well. “Halmeoni... please... I need her. I love her so much. I am going to study abroad to give her a better future. Halmeoni... I'll give her everything. Everything. All the things that she didn't have when she was younger... the happiness she longs to find... I'l going to give them to her... Halmeoni... I need to know what's happening.”

 

They were in the middle of the street but he didn't care. He was eager to get her back. He was at least eager to make her talk to him.

 

Believe me, Jonghyun-ah. This is what's best for you and Soeun.” She tried smiling and carefully wipe the tears on his face. “Study abroad. Make your dreams come true. Reach for them one by one... once you have all your dreams in your hand, go back to her... go back to her with the complete Kim Jonghyun.”

 

He looked at the Halmeoni. “I... I can't.”

 

Trust me, Jonghyun-ah... Go on and find yourself, then go back to her.”

 

He woke back to his senses when he accidentally touch a wet part of the table. Jonghyun realized he was crying all along. He wiped his tears immediately, and with all the emotions in his heart, he just wrote whatever that came into his heart.

 

He was heartbroken with the fact thet he didn't know what happened. Soeun told him she wanted a breakup because she couldn't bear a long distance relationship. It was impossible... or unbelievable in that sense, because even before Jonghyun passed an application form to study abroad, he and Soeun already talked about that possibility.

 

But that would mean being away from you.” Jonghyun held her hands together and kissed them dearly. “I don't want to be away.”

 

Instead of feeling sad, a bright smile appeared on her face. “Then you'll come back as a great song writer and marry me.” She laughed. “Don't feel sad, Jonghyun-ah... you are going to do this for yourself and for your dreams. It will be hard being away from me.” She winked and laughed again. “Your dreams can't wait. You'll never know, someone else might just steal the opportunity if you still doubt about it. But me? I can wait.”

 

No one's going to steal you away?” Jonghyun asked and she shook her head and hugged him tightly.

 

I am always going to wait because I love Kim Jonghyun so so so so much.”

 

He hated the fact that memories wouldn't leave his mind. Whether he liked it or not, memories just kept on taunting him, and he couldn't even get out of it. He wanted to forget about everything, but as he looked at himself, he was just helplessly writing whatever that he felt on that paper.

 

On that state, Jinki entered back his room. “Jonghyun-ah?”

 

“Oh, yeah...” He wiped his tears as fast as he can and stood up from his seat. “I'll just buy some coffee outside.” He avoided Jinki's gaze and went straight outside, leaving Jinki clueless of what just happened to him.

 

Curious of what he wrote, Jinki went to the table and took the papers. They were empty when he left, but now, he just found a composition that was almost finished.

 

The thing called goodbye... This is not easy for me, like my goodbye
My heart won’t follow my words... In order to forget you,
I will make some harsh promises... So that I can endure

 

Jinki shook his head after reading a part of it. “I knew it, Kim Jonghyun. I knew it.”


Chapter 32 - Things We Can't Regret