The Three Of Us

Still You

 

 A/N: So.. yeah~

 


 

She looked at him as if trying to silently ask him what made him decide on sleeping with them that night. Soeun wanted to tell Jonghyun that everything will be fine so he should just go home, but she knew Yoogeun would start throwing tantrums and crying once he heard her saying that to his appa.

 

“Jonghyun-ah... it's okay.” She whispered to him trying hard not to make Yoogeun hear her. Jonghyun smiled and nodded.

 

“He'll fall asleep really fast. I'll go once he's asleep.” He said and really went with Yoogeun on the bed. He just had to remove his jacket for he was already in his sleeping pants and shirt when he went out of the house.

 

Yoogeun climbed into the bed and immediately hugged his mom when Soeun came in. However, not forgetting about his father, he took his father's arm from behind and placed it on him, making Jonghyun hugged him as well. He was being sandwiched by the two parents.

 

“Yoogeun-ah.. do you want appa to loosen up a bit? You might not be able to breathe.”

 

“He likes it when you squeeze him as he sleeps. It makes him feel secured and comfortable.” Soeun, too, hugged her son as she gently give a massage on his temples. “He falls asleep easily when I do this to him.” She said and smiled while looking at the most precious thing she has in her life.

 

“Is he a heavy sleeper?” Jonghyun asked while he was lying there facing Soeun.

 

“He only falls deeply asleep when he's lying like this for about an hour or two. But when he just fell asleep and you suddenly move then he'll wake up, and sometimes, it's hard to make him sleep for the second time.”

 

“Does he mind noise?”

 

“Not really... He can fall asleep with people talking but then again, he easily wakes up when someone suddenly moves.” Jonghyun nodded with what Soeun said. Surely, it was fun knowing a lot more things about his son.

 

Jonghyun moved a bit to make himself comfortable which made his phone fell. Yoogeun was shocked at the sound so his appa said he was sorry. He was about to pick his phone up, but Yoogeun didn't allow him when he tightened his grip on his appa's arm that was over his waist. “Fine. Appa will pick it up later.” He was obviously giving in to his son, for he does just whatever to make his son feel better.

 

In short.. he's giving him what he wants.

 

“You raised him really well.” Jonghyun looked at Soeun who was at that time, eyeing down on her son as he started falling asleep. She lifted up her gaze and met Jonghyun's eyes that were just few inches away from her. She was lying on her side with Yoogeun gently leaning on her chest. There was no barrier between their faces so they could see each other really well.

 

“I did my best.” She replied and smiled dearly.

 

“The last time I saw you six years ago... you didn't have that motherly smile on your face. You were childish, and only does things that a teenager would do, but now... I couldn't see the same baby Soeun.”

 

Jonghyun said directly, but immediately felt awkward about that after some seconds. As he realized what he just told her, he practically just brought back what they have just six years ago.

 

...and he called her baby Soeun, the term he always used pertaining about how whiny Soeun was when it comes to having what she wanted when they were together.

 

Soeun spent her growing years with almost no parents at all. Her mother died when she was young, and her father married other woman, causing her to be almost out of his life except for the money that she received from him. She had to do a part time job to sustain whatever needs that couldn't be covered by the money she was receiving.

 

She learned how to live alone, however, her charm and her ability to think and act like a child was still there. What Jonghyun has once loved about her is her ability to stay happy and cheerful despite all the troubles she was facing.

 

He remembered how Soeun wore that serious expression on her face when she did the work in the porridge shop, but when work was over and she knew he was waiting, Soeun would start smiling like a 5 year old kid and just run to him and hug him after her long hours of work. She was a kid when she was with him, and that's how he loved her so much.

 

Looking at her right now, he knew that the girl he used to know and love has already become a woman who successfully faced everything in her life. She may look weak and vulnerable, but no one could ever measure how much she has done in order to wear that smile on her face.

 

That motherly smile that means happiness and contentment, and knowing she raised their son really well, Jonghyun was certain about how brave and determined she is … all the time.

 

“I haven't asked you about your life in States.” She said, changing the topic into a completely different one, but still relatable.

 

“It was ordinary.” He said. “Go to school, go home, study, make music, just like that.”

 

“Did you meet her there?”

 

Jonghyun nodded, “During a fashion show. It was when Kibum dragged me with him because he needed a company. It was love at first sight and I learned after a while that Kibum knows her. Few months later, he set us up on a blind date and from there.. it all started.”

 

“I see you fell in love with her immediately.”

 

“I was heartbroken for two years. When I saw her... it really felt like heartache was over.” He paused for a while and then he sighed. “I'm sorry. I shouldn't have opened that.”

 

“Am I completely forgiven?” She asked to entirely open the topic that they have never talked about before.

 

Jonghyun let out a chuckle – she wasn't sure what was that for. “I'm married, of course I needed to forgive you... and let go of it.” He said. “And it's already in the past. We all can't move on if we keep on remembering the...” He paused when he realized that she wasn't listening anymore for she had fallen asleep already. Her head moved a bit causing her fringe to cover a part of her face. He reached towards her to carefully clear her face,

 

Staring at her a bit more, he didn't know why he suddenly felt an unexplainable pain in his heart. He was still aching inside, and though he had told her he already forgave her, he didn't know why he was feeling something he couldn't understand.

 

As he collapsed on top of her, Jonghyun heard Soeun's fast breathing. Both of them decided to do it, and promised that whatever happens in the future, both of them will face it together.

 

Though she was feeling weak as if all her energy was taken away, Soeun still had the strength to lift her arms and wrap them around Jonghyun's neck.

 

I love you...” Jonghyun whispered close to her ear while he was still catching his breathe. “I love you so much, and I'm certain I want to spend everyday of my life with you until I die.” 

 

I love you, too.” Soeun whispered back.

 

He went to her lips, and once again, occupied it with pure love and endearment. He felt her smile on his kiss so he let go to see that smile on her. It was just one of the thing he had always treasure. If he could only do it, then he's willing to make her smile every second of her life – and make sure he would always be there to see that wonderful curve on her face.

 

All the memories of yesterday came back, and looking down at the sleeping child, he thought, that child was the symbol of their love. Yoogeun represents how much they loved each other before, and then he knew, that their memories will always live by, for there, Yoogeun, a living proof, will always embody the love that was onced form between the two of them.

 

Slowly, he placed a gentle kiss on Yoogeun's forehead, with more fondness growing inside him, as he started appreciating his son more than ever.

 

Jonghyun yawned, and as he was unable to fight that sudden sleepiness that he felt, he unconsciously started closing his eyes – completely falling into a deep sleep.

 

… with his son, and his ex girlfriend.

 


 

Chapter 30 - Appreciating You More