A Family Like Bonding

Still You

 

A/N: Need to add another chapter before the "No Choice" Chapter that I've put on the previous one. XD



 

“Soeun-ah, thank you for allowing Yoogeun to go with us until tomorrow.” Jonghyun told Soeun as she was busy setting up Yoogeun's things while the child was still inside their room preparing.

 

She only smiled and nodded as he put his shirts in the bag. “I promised you and Yeojin that I would be open to Yoogeun spending more time with you.” She looked at him and half smiled, “I'm keeping up with my promise and I think Yoogeun should spend some time with your wife, too... after all, he's still his auntie.”

 

“Thanks again. I promise to take care of him.” He assured.

 

“I know. By the way, Yoogeun couldn't sleep with lights off, and he also must sleep with someone hugging him.” She walked from one couch to the other trying to figure out what else she might have forgot. “This is a mosquito lotion, his powder his hand cleaner. If he still couldn't sleep tonight, just put a some amount of this on his clothes.” She said while raising a small bottle of perfume.

 

“A perfume? He can't sleep without a perfume?”

 

“Actually, Yoogeun really couldn't sleep without me on his side during night. Yoogeun might just cry and look for me during the night and of course, you can't return him during those hours. This is my perfurme and I think this will help him sleep.”

 

“Coz he'll just imagine you being the one hugging him?”

 

“Exactly.”

 

“Wah. Yoogeun is so like his mother.” Jonghyun remarked which made Soeun frowned.

 

The stage where they were awkward around each other has passed. Now, Jonghyun and Soeun could talk to each other comfortably, thought of course, there are still things that they couldn't open up to each other.

 

“Like me?” She let out a short chuckle.

 

“Yes. Like you. Needs to have this and that. Needs to be this. Needs to be that, before you could even do a certain thing. You are so detailed and likes to have a lot of requirements.”

 

“I see you are not complaining about me. You are complaining about your son, Kim Jonghyun.” Soeun said and closed the zipper of his bag. “All done! Yoogeunnie~ Your things are well packed, when are you coming out?” She said a bit louder.

 

“Here!” Yoogeun then came out running from their room. “Appa, can you zip my jacket?” He walked over to Jonghyun and asked for his help. Jonghyun happily did and even fixed his clothes for him.

 

“Yoogeunie.. be good, okay? Don't be too naughty around Appa and auntie.” She reminded.

 

“Omma, are you really not going with us?”

 

Soeun sighed and went to her son. She held both his shoulders before answering. “Omma has work, Yoogeun-ah, and besides, I want you to have more time with appa. Hmm, another thing. When you walk with appa, be sure to hold his hands okay. Don't just run around.”

 

“Yes, omma...”

 

Jonghyun chuckled as he saw his son listening well to his mother. He was reminded of how his mom was always telling him what to do whenever he gets away with her for a while. He realized mothers were always like that. They try, as much as they can, to remind their children about taking care of themselves because mothers are worried that something will happen while they were not with their kids.”

 

“Jonghyun-ah..” Soeun called out, “Always hold Yoogeun's hand. If he suddenly breaks away, then carry him. This kid always runs whenever he's enjoying himself.”

 

“Yes, omma...” Jonghyun imitated Yoogeun just a while ago which made his son laughed. “Why are you laughing?”

 

Yoogeun pointed at him. “Appa, too... omma's nagging at appa as well.” He said and the two of them laughed while Soeun frowned.


“Aish this kid!” She said sulkily and pinched her child's noise. “Stop laughing at omma! I'm reminding you about something!” She said acting like she was scolding him. However, Yoogeun just reached out for his mother and hugged her tightly.

 

“Don't worry, omma.. I will take care of myself.” He said and even patted his omma's back.

 

“Good.”

 

“Let's go Yoogeun-ah? If we stay here longer, your omma will probably just cry because she'll miss you.” Jonghyun teased which made Soeun frown again.

 

“I'm not crying! Go! Be safe!” She said and walked with them until they reached the door. She followed them with her sight until Jonghyun's car left the vicinity.

 

Jonghyun brought Yoogeun home to spend the day with him and his wife together. This will be the first time that they will do it since the truth about Yoogeun came out, and Yeojin was happy that Jonghyun decided to bond together.

 

“Yoogeun-ah... We're going to the zoo. Do you like that?” Yeojin told Yoogeun to which the child happily responded. Yeojin smiled and patted his head.

 

“Auntie, will I see elephants?” Yeojin nodded. “How about Lions?” She nodded as well. “Are there tigers? Fish? And Bear?” Again, Yeojin nodded and chuckled at how excited Yoogeun seemed to be.

 

Yeojin stood up, “Stay here for a while, Yoogeunie, I'll go to your appa and tell him to hurry up.”

 

Going inside their room, Yeojin found her husband fixing his watch on his wrist. When she noticed he was struggling on putting it on, she went to him and helped him up.

 

“Thank You.” Jonghyun said when she took his wrist.

 

“This is my gift to you on your birthday, but it looks too old now, should we buy a new one?”

 

Jonghyun shook his head and smiled, “No need. This is your gift and this is very special to me.” He sighed and looked at his loving wife, “Yeojin ah... Thank you.”

 

“For what again?”

 

“For opening up with Yoogeun, for getting close to him for me.”

 

Yeojing chuckled and shook her head, “Actually, I didn't get close to Yoogeun because he's your son. He's just too cute and the child is so lovable, and I'm not doing this for you, okay?” She laughed after seeing a funny expression from Jonghyun.

 

“Yah.” He whined. “What if you end up liking Yoogeun more than me?”

 

“Someone's jealous of his own son.”

 

Jonghyun then wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer for a hug. “I love you.”

 

“I know, I love you, too.” She replied and hugged him tighter.

 

They went out together few minutes later and drove to the zoo. Yoogeun was so excited that he ran as soon as he got out of the car.

 

“Aigoo, Yoogeun-ah!” Yeojin ran to follow Yoogeun because she was suddenly worried that Yoogeun might bump with someone or he gets tripped.

 

“Yoogeun-ah!” Jonghyun followed along as soon as he parked the car properly. As soon as he got there, Yeojin was already holding Yoogeun's hand. “Didn't omma say not to run and to keep holdin appa's hand?” He then looked at Yeojin and back to Yoogeun. “Okay now, keep holding auntie's hand and don't let go at all, okay?”

 

“Deh, appa!!” Yoogeun said happily and walked with them in the middle.

 

Jonghyun was happy to see Yeojin and Yoogeun getting along really well. He was thankful that Yeojin was so good to Yoogeun. She was very understanding of the situation and knew how to adjust well into it.

 

After eating outside that afternoon, they decided to go home. Yoogeun asked if they could watch movies together which Yeojin seconded. Both were very happy when Jonghyun bought them foods that they could eat while watching some movies.



 

Chapter 28 - No Choice