Appreciating You More

Still You

 

A/N: You all have different opinions about who will end up together, however, I'm sure some of you might be disappointed that your ship won't end up together. But I can only promise you one thing: that whatever happens, as a writer, that is, at least, what I think is best for each of the character in the story. I didn't choose who will end up with who just because I thought about it in a snap of second. I've told you clearly that I've thought so much on who deserves Jonghyun more - or who Jonghyun should go with in the end. I hope you can start opening your eyes and your heart to greater responsibilities. There's more to look forward to, I promise you that.

You can think however you like regarding this fic, but I want you to know I sincerely thank you for considering my works and eventually reading them. :)) Sorry for the drama. This story is too overwhelming for me. TBH, Jjong's fic doesn't attract much subbies as Onew fics have, however, I'm having fun writing this one so will definitely give this the best ending that I could think of.

Again, sorry for the long author's note.



 

Yeojin woke up still without Jonghyun on her side. She had waited for hours before she could even fell asleep. She had called him a lot of times, but he never answered. Her phone was just on her side and as she looked at it, still no message coming from Jonghyun when it's already 6 am.

 

Suddenly, her phone rang. It was just a number and she wasn't sure who it was. “ Hello?” She answered the phone still thinking on who could it be.

 

“Ahn Yeojin ssi?” The woman on the other line said. She answered yes. “Oh, yes, I am the secretary from your modelling agency and the director wants to see you today for your first project. Can you go here at 8 am?”

 

She flinched on her bed as it was the call she was waiting for. She went on her agency to resume her contract and this call hints her comeback as a model in the fashion industry of South Korea. “Sure, I'll come!”

 

Modelling has been her fashion. She has this oozing confidence when she's wearing branded clothes and is flaunting these to the audience. She likes that feeling of being in front of other while wearing some of the most stylish trends in the country. She gets very excited just by hearing the word 'modelling'.

 

She immediately grabbed a towel and went to the bathroom to take a bath. Yeojin needed to be in the agency by 8 and it's already past 6 am. She had to rush.

 

“Appa... Appa...” Yoogeun shook his appa's body for the nth time. Jonghyun was a heavy sleeper. Soeun woke him up earlier but it didn't help, now Yoogeun was the one doing it. “Appa, wake up!” He said loudly but didn't help for Jonghyun only move a bit but didn't actually open his eyes. Yoogeun rushed outside to his mom. “Appa is still sleeping, omma.” He told his mother.

 

“Pinch his nose, Yoogeunie, until he runs out of breath.” She told Yoogeunie and the kid immediately followed.

 

“Hmm...” Jonghyun finally opened his eyes when he struggled breathing because Yoogeunnie blocked his nostrils by pinching his nose. Yoogeun chuckled.

 

“Appa, you wake up!”

 

“Aigoo!” Jonghyun immediately sat up straight when he realized he was in a different room. “I fell asleep!” He suddenly panicked and looked for his phone.

 

“What are you looking for, appa?” His son asked.

 

“Yoogeunnie, did you see appa's phone?”

 

“Deh!” Yoogeun pulled the drawer and gave him his phone. As he looked into it. He saw a lot of missed calls coming from Yeojin.

 

“Where's omma?”

 

“In the kitchen.”

 

Jonghyun immediately took his jacket and put it on, running outside towards the kitchen to say goodbye to Soeun. He saw her there cooking something. It smelled nice that his tummy suddenly growled, however, he was thinking of Yeojin whom he left at home during the whole night.

 

“I need to go, Soeun-ah.” He just told her and started walking towards the door.

 

“You should eat first!”

 

“I'll just eat at home, thank you!” He went out and ran straight to his car. Before leaving, he called up Soeun if she's already up. He wanted to immediately apologized.

 

“Yeojin-ah, I'm so-”

 

“Oppa, where have you been I was waiting the entire night and you didn't even call!” Yeojin sounded irritated as soon as she picked up the call.

 

“I'm sorry Yeojin, Yoogeun asked for me to stay, I was supposed to stay until he fell asleep but I fell asleep myself. I'm sorry. I'm on my way home now.”

 

“Oh, oppa.. I'm sorry but I went out early today. I'm on my way to the agency. They asked me to come early.” He frowned. “Don't be mad coz you didn't go home tonight. This is my revenge.” Though she was acting pissed off and annoyed, the sweet and caring voice of Yeojin was still there. “Did you eat?”

 

“Not yet. I just woke up and immediately ran out.”

 

“If Soeun won't mind then might as well have breakfast there. I only bought sandwich in the convenienve store when I went out and I wasn't able to cook a breakfast because I am running late already.”


“I understand.”

 

“Oh. Here's the cab. See you later! Love you!” She said and immediately ended the call.

 

Jonghyun sighed and caught his breath for a while after panicking so much. Good thing Yeojin knew he went to Soeun's house. If she didn't know where he went and stayed the rest of the night outside, then that would probably start a fight.

 

However, he was reminded of that smell from Soeun's cooking. He looked back at the house, asking himself if he should go back or just drive on and eat somewhere else.

 

He was sure he smelled the scent of onion leaves and roasted garlic. She must be cooking some porridge as it was the same scent he used to smell when he was going to that porridge shope Soeun was working at years ago.

 

Finally, he gave in to his cravings and walk back to the house. “Only for the food, Jonghyun. Only for the food because you are so hungry.” He whispered to himself.

 

“Appa!” Yoogeun immediately saw his appa as Jonghyun entered back. “You didn't leave!”

 

Then Soeun came out of the kitchen with a bowl of porridge for Yoogeun. She was both surprised and confused on why he came back.

 

“Did you leave something?” She asked but Jonghyun shook his head awkwardly – thinking how he could ask for breakfast without looking like a pitiful foodless father to Yoogeun.

 

“Uhmm...” Jonghyun didn't know what to say and unconsciously his lower lip when Yoogeun started stirring his porridge.

 

Soeun noticed him and secretly chuckled, “Since you're still here why don't you have some breakfast?” Saving him from embarrassment, Jonghyun smiled and happily nodded.

 

“Right. Let's have some breakfast before going.” He occupied and empty seat beside Yoogeun and few minutes later, Soeun came out with another bowl of porridge for Jonghyun. She went back to get the last bowl for her and the three of them continued eating together.

 

Minho arrived that morning and immediately noticed Jonghyun's car that was outside the house. He frowned, but suddenly remembered that Yoogeun slept at Jonghyun's house last night. He thought maybe Jonghyun brought Yoogeun back early in the morning. He tossed the keys to his hands and put it to his pocket as he excitedly went towards the house.

 

However, what welcomed him was the sight of Soeun laughing with Yoogeun and Jonghyun at the table while they were having breakfast. He noticed Jonghyun was still in his pajamas – as if he spent the entire night together with them.

 

“Uncle Minho!” His presence was recognized when Yoogeun first yelled his name.

 

Jonghyun and Soeun looked flustered – as if they were caught off guard. “Uncle Minho, come!! I slept with appa and omma last night! It was my dream, right?!” He announced, gaining a frown from Minho towards the other two.

 

But instead of showing Yoogeun he was surprised and didn't feel good about it, he still smiled and tried to hide that pissed off expression on his face. “Yoogeun-ah, do you want me to take you to school today?”

 

“Deh, Uncle! I'm done eating!” He jumped off his seat and ran towards the bathroom. “I'm taking a bath, omma!”

 

Jonghyun stood up right after finishing his meal. “I'm going. Thanks for the breakfast.” He told Soeun and turn to walk away. “Minho-yah..” He patted his back and didn't say anything more.


Chapter 30 - What's the Truth?