A Child Won't Lie

Still You

 

 “Aigoo~ Yoogeun-ah!” Jinki went to Yoogeun and carried the child. “It was so nice to see you today, how are you?” He asked happily.

 

“Uncle, when is Minho appa coming out?” Yoogeun looked at Jinki and asked. He was obviously excited on seeing Minho appear and walk on a ramp.

 

Jinki smiled, “Minho appa's going to come out soon, we need to watch out for him. Do you want to sit beside uncle?” He asked which Yoogeun immediately nodded while Soeun was just watching quietly.

 

The order of their seating arrangement became Taemin-Jinki-Yoogeun-Soeun-Yeojin-Jonghyun.

 

“Hi. It's nice to see you again.” Yeojin greeted Soeun with a bright smile. “I heard you went on with Minho ssi on dinner the last time. I should've been there.” Yeojin was trying to be friendly, and Soeun easily identified the sincerity on her expression so she smiled.

 

“You should go next time.” Yeojin nodded and smiled again.

 

“I will.” She answered. “It was also a great thing that Minho ssi accepted the offer to be Kibum's highlight model. Now we're gathered like this.” Soeun nodded – not having much to say – or rather being cautious about what might come out of . “How's Yoogeun? I heard from Jonghyun that he likes music?”

 

“Oh yeah. He really does, though sometimes I wish he can be interested into soccer or anything that we can teach him with. I don't know lot about music so I can't teach him that much.”

 

“You can ask Jonghyun's help with that.” Yeojin peeped at her husband and Jonghyun was trying not to mind the two girls talking. He only smiled and turned to his other seatmate which turned out to be a reporter that he knew. Yeojin leaned in closer to Soeun to whisper something. “Right when the dinner's over and he picked me up, he kept on talking about how he is Yoogeun's favorite uncle because he was the one who wrote the songs that he liked the most.”

 

“Ah... yeah.” Soeun tried to smile to keep the secret panic that she was feeling inside. “Yoogeun was really... fond of him.” She said.

 

“And Jonghyun likes your son, too. He was actually excited to see Yoogeun today. This guy has some obssession over kids.” She chuckled.

 

“Why don't you start making your own child?” Soeun asked.

 

“I can't.” Yeojin turned serious and looked at Soeun. “Can I share with you something? I'm so sorry if I'm being so talkative but... I just feel comfortable around you.”

 

“Sure, you can.” Soeun disregarded the fact that she's Jonghyun's wife. She suddenly felt like Yeojin was going through something with how she looked at that moment.

 

“I'm having troubles when it comes to fertility.” She whispered making sure no one else will hear. “I'm sorry I had to share this on this special event. I just found out yesterday when I went to have my own checkup.” She looked sad.


“That's sad to hear.” Soeun said and she nodded. “But... you can get better in time, I'm sure of that.”

 

“But I'm afraid I won't be able to give him a child.” She chuckled bitterly – finding it awkward that they were talking about it there. “I'm really sorry. Now I think I gave you some worries, but honestly, I am happy Jonghyun met Yoogeun. His attention is being diverted to him and that I feel better and relieved. But... can you share your son a bit more to Jonghyun? I think that would make my husband so happy.”

 

Soeun was surprised at how thoughtful she was over his husband. Yeojin was personally asking Soeun to let Jonghyun be closed to her son – something that not all wives will do. Eventually she nodded, and Yeojin told her to help Minho not be jealous over Jonghyun and Yoogeun if ever they become so close. It surprised her a bit more – realizing how Yeojin was very thoughtful of the people around her.

 

“Omma...” Yoogeun on the other side, pulled his mother's blouse to call her attention. “I wanna pee~”

 

Before Soeun could stand up and get her son, Jinki volunteered. “Wanna go to the comfort room with uncle?”


“No, Jinki, it's okay. I'll take him.” Soeun said and smiled.


“Yoogeun's a man. He's supposed to go in a man's comfort room.” Jinki said making Yoogeun hear it. The boy agreed and immediately went to his uncle.


“I'll go with uncle Jinki, omma~” He said and Jinki held his hand to excuse themselves. For the mean time, Soeun sat there with Yeojin and they talked about random things again.

 

Jinki went with Yoogeun in the comfort room and waited until he finished peeing. After washing hands, Jinki asked Yoogeun if he wanted to eat something. Upon going to the restroom, they saw some crew serving foods on the dining area at the back. It was sponsored by the organization of the event where the guest can freely go to that area to eat for a while as they wait.

 

“Is Minho appa going to come out soon?” Yoogeun asked before they go to the dining area.

 

“Minho appa will appear last, Yoogeunie. We'll have to wait longer so we can still eat before going back.” Yoogeun's face became brighter as he thought of food.

 

“Let's eat!” Yoogeun happily shouted and Jinki lifted him up so they can freely look for the foods that were ready to server at the area.

 

“Okay, Yoogeunie, choose what you want...” He said and the boy looked at the foods keenly. “Oh please give me this, and this, and this.” Jinki then started to choose his own food.

 

“That, uncle! It's my favorite!” Yoogeun said as he pointed on Tempura. “And brownies, too!” Jinki then both ordered tempura and brownies for Yoogeun.

 

“What do you want to drink?”

 

“Pineapple juice!” Yoogeun replied. Jinki laughed at how witty his nephew is. He knows what to answer, unlike any other kids who would just allow their parents to choose what they think would be delicious for them.

 

They sat at an empty table and Jinki helped Yoogeun eat his food. Jinki wanted to talk to him already, however, he didn't know how to approach him in a childlike way.

 

“So Yoogeunie...” Jinki opened up. “Who hugs you in your sleep?” He secretly hoped Yoogeun won't find the question too weird.

 

“Omma always hugs me until I sleep.” He answered simply.

 

“How about Minho appa? He doesn't like hugging you?”

 

“He only hugs me in the morning, but not when I sleep.”

 

“Why?” He asked.

 

“He doesn't sleep at home. Only omma and me.” He said and looked at Jinki. “Uncle, do parents sleep together with their child?” He nodded. “So when my real father goes back, he will sleep with us, too?”

 

“Your real father?” Jinki frowned and asked the kid again.

 

“Deh. Omma said she ran away from him because she only wants me for herself, but I told omma not to worry because when real appa arrives, I will love both of them equally.

 

“Where is he? Your real appa?”

 

Yoogeun shrugged his shoulders, “Omma doesn't say anything. I don't know.”

 

Jinki was right. They will know everything right at the boy's child. Talking with Yoogeun, now he was certain that Yoogeun isn't Minho's son and the two were not really married. Now all he need to figure out is about why they lied, and who if not Jonghyun, really is Yoogeun's real father.

 

“Are you done eating, Yoogeunie?”

 

“Deh!” He said as he wiped his own face with the napkin. Jinki smiled in seeing the child did that. He thought that Soeun really taught her child very well.

 

They started walking back to their seats as Minho's turn is finally approaching.

 


 

Chapter 13 - Certainly Should Know