Withstanding Everything

Still You

“So how's everything going?” Doctor Park said after having a small bit of a pastry he bought for himself. He bought something for Soeun, too, which she was eating deliciously along with a hot chocolate drink he ordered for her as well with a small slice of strawberry cheesecake.

 

“Uhmm, everything's fine. I'm even better than the last time you saw me.” She said without even looking at the doctor and was greatly appreciating the sweet that she was eating.

 

She was a er for sweets. Hot choco, ice cream, cake, anything as long as it's sweet, she'll eat it deliciously.

 

“But doctor, what are you doing here? You are supposed to be in Busan.”

 

“First, don't call me doctor. You are not my patient anymore so just call me by my first name. Seung Hyun. Just call me that way.” She only smiled and nodded. “But how are you, really? Are you still having pain somewhere in your body?”

 

“Not anymore. I think I have gotten a lot better since the last time.” She said and nodded again. “And I constantly take the supplement the other physician gave me before leaving the hospital. But you, shouldn't you be in Busan right now?”

 

“Well, I said I wanted to change location, so they did something about it. Starting tomorrow, I am assigned to work in Seoul Medical City.”

 

Soeun's jaw dropped in amusement. “You were able to transfer designation that easily? Wow. You're awesome.”

 

“Of course. They give special treatments to outstanding doctors.” He chuckled at his self praise, to which Soeun narrowed her eyes and shook her head while smiling. “Why? Ain't I an outstanding doctor? I treated you!”

 

“Right, right. Whatever you say, Outstanding Doctor Park Seung Hyun. I won't argue with you anymore on that.” She said while laughing softly.

 

“So how's your memory?” He asked in a teasing manner. “Do you have some memories back already?”


She shook her head. “I will not remember them anymore, plus, I am not seeing anyone of them around, so maybe it will be a help for me.” She sighed. “Maybe Jonghyun finally realized his fault and now he's making it up with Yeojin. Isn't it a good thing? That was mainly the reason why I decided to pretend I lose my memory.”

 

“If that's how you think it is, then I won't argue with you on that as well.” He shrugged his shoulders. “I just hope you'll be entirely happy soon.”

 

“I won't.” She looked into the doctor's eyes and smiled bitterly. “Never will I. I just have to bear with it as long as I can.”

 

“Aigoo~ I can't imagine how hard it is for you. You should just date me and for sure I can even make you happier than Kim Jonghyun.”

 

“Aish~ Seriously, Park Seung Hyun.”

 

“Oppa.” He looked at Soeun as if he was mad. “At least call me Seung Hyun oppa since I'm a lot older than you.” He insisted but she shook her head. “Why?!”

 

“Because you'll get used to it.” She laughed when she saw that unamazed expression on Seung Hyun's face. “But seriously, Seung Hyun ssi...”


“Aiiii... just date me.” He said straightly but it didn't surprise her anymore.

 

“No. Find someone else that would only think about you. You are such an outstanding person~” She said making a cute gesture while saying 'outstanding'. “You deserve someone better.. someone who is very free and doesn't have an extra baggage with her. I have Yoogeun, remember.”

 

“So? An instant son will be better.” He insisted and laughed again. “All I need to do is to keep adding.”

 

“Aish!!” She knew it was a joke but she acted like she was going to throw the spoon towards him. “Can we stop the conversation about this. You are giving me goosebumps.”

 

“Fine fine fine...” Finally, the doctor gave it. “It will probably take some time. First, you still need to forget about Jonghyun and finally accept whatever it is that you need to accept... then finally, if you succeeded, then I can enter your life freely.”

 

“No.” She smiled. “There's Choi Minho as well. If I am to date someone else, it will be Minho since I have been with him all these years that I was raising Yoogeun, also.. he and my son are already very close so I don't have to worry about Yoogeun's acceptance anymore.”

 

“You are such an annoying broken hearted girl.” The doctor narrowed his eyes like he was pissed off. “Why do you keep on wanting to reject me. I hate you.”

 

“Just continue eating.” She said and chuckled softly.

 

She was fine as how she thought she would be. She knew herself as a strong person who could withstand whatever pain destiny would offer to her, and just like now, she could still smile, laugh, and joke around as if nothing's wrong. Well... she really would like to believe that nothing's wrong, and that everything is fine.

 

Right now, if it's possible, she wanted Jonghyun and Yeojin to be away from her. Yes, they might have thought that her memories are lost and they won't be able to open such conversation to her. However, it would still be difficult. So she wished to for either her or the other two to go and not see each other again. She believed Jonghyun should make it up with Yeojin, because she is a girl who deserved to be loved so much.

 

“I need to go back.” She said after finishing the snacks. “Thank you for this, and I hope this won't be the last time for your treat.”

 

Seung Hyun chuckled, “Well, the next time, it will be your turn to treat me.”

 

“Then, let's not see each other again.” She laughed and stood up while wiping with the napkin. “I need to go coz Yoogeun's gonna end his class soon.”

 

“Oh. You're picking him up?” She nodded. “By car?”

 

“Nope. Yoogeun argued with me a while ago telling me he didn't want me to drive, so we took a bus to get to the daycare and I took a bus to go to the company.”

 

“Then, should I drive you there? Oh, I am not busy, I could also take you home.” He offered but he knew she was going to say yes so he insisted. “And I won't take no for an answer. Let's go?”

 

He started walking ahead of her to which Soeun sighed. “Aiggoo~ You shouldn't have asked me if you you won't take no.” She chuckled and followed Seung Hyun outside.

 

*** *** ***

 

“Manager Jung!” The receptionist approached them as they went back from the coffee shop.

 

“Yes?”

 

The receptionist pointed somewhere at the lobby. “Someone has been waiting for you since few minutes after you left.” Just then, Soeun saw a more familiar figure sitting at the lobby, looking at his phone intently. “He said he'll wait and I must call him once you arrived.”

 

“Tell him I haven't arrived yet.” She told the receptionist but was surprised when Seung Hyun, who was just behind her, walked towards Jonghyun and called out.

 

“Kim Jonghyun ssi!” Soeun panicked when she saw where Seung Hyun was heading.

 

Jonghyun stood up and waited for him to get closer. “Doctor Park. I'm surprised to see you here.” He said as if it was the first time seeing the doctor again. “What are you doing here?”

 

“I'm reassigned to be on Seoul Medical City.. it was just around the corner so I decided to drop by to check on my patient.” They looked at Soeun's direction and learned that she was almost running closer to them.

 

“Oh. I see.” Jonghyun was speechless and just nodded. “It was very sweet of you to go here and check on her.” Seunghyun sensed his bitterness, but he decided not to show how he noticed it. “I am actually here coz I want to pick Yoogeun from day care with her.”

 

“Oh Jonghyun ssi, you came.” She approached them and looked cluelessly at Seung Hyun. She had no idea what they were talking about and suddenly Seung Hyun nodded.

 

“I was about to do the same because I learned she didn't bring her own car. But I guess, it would be better if she goes with you.” Soeun heard what he said so she wanted to protest but Jonghyun already thanked the doctor.


A/N: So I won't probably be able to update for the next few days because I have shool... but please, leave some comments before you exit the page. I will gladly appreciate it.. also, tell me what you think about Doctor-nim. Are u suspicious of him? *winks* *winks*