Something is Weird

Still You

 

 A/N: Your comments help a lot in making me confused. LOL. There are team JjongXYeojin, JjongXSoeun, and MinhoXSoeun. How about MinhoXYeojin??? HAHAHAHA. JK.

 


 

“Goal!!” Minho punched in the air as he made another goal with his team. They were in the field practicing hard for the upcoming match against the Japanese team next week. Minho ran back to his position, until the coach shouted, “Okay! Guys! Let's take a break!”

 

He ran to their bench and took his towel to dry himself from sweating too much. “Choi Minho!!” He heard someone shouted and when he turned to look at the owner of the voice, he sighed and shook his head when he saw Kibum running clumsily towards them.

 

“Aish. What is this person doing here?” He took a bottle of mineral water and almost drank all of it. Few more seconds and Kibum was standing in front of him, catching his breath, and looked so exhausted from running at just a close distance. Minho rolled his eyes.

 

“Ew. You smell so gross.” Kibum complained and covered his nose as Minho's smell of sweat surrounded him. “Tsk.” He frowned.

 

“You're in a field and I played there for like 30 minutes nonstop. You don't expect me to be as fresh as you.” He answered. “Why are you here? People like you don't suit in this place.”

 

“I know.” Kibum agreed and nodded, “But I need you. I told you about that three days ago when we had the gathering with the others.” He said to which Minho frowned as he remembered how Kibum tried persuading him over something he would never do. “Have you thought about what I said? Oh no, you don't need to think about it. Come on, be my model!” He shouted lively across the field.

 

“No! Never!” Minho took his huge training bag and slid the strap on his shoulder. Kibum followed willingly as he started walking away. “You really went here just for that, but I'm telling you, Kibum. No.” He said without even looking at him who was just behind him.

 

“Just one night, Minho. One night. You are the one most suitable to wear that piece. I can't let anyone else wear that but you.”

 

Minho stopped in the middle of the field and looked at Kibum, “Then don't include that one in your show.” He said.

 

“I can't! That's the highlight of my show! I can't do that!” Minho shrugged his shoulders and started walking away again, “Come on, Minho. You would just walk there for like 30 seconds – appear with me on stage and that's it! Please!”

 

“I'm sorry but no. It's something I don't want to do eversince, and you know that.” Minho answered strictly. Kibum kept on bothering him until they reached the locker room slash bathroom for the players.

 

“The smell here isn't good at all.” Kibum complained yet again as he entered the room.

 

“No one asked you to come in.” Minho answered as he put down his bag, Kibum was just watching him do his stuff.

 

“Minho yah~ Great game.” Some players who were lurking around the locker room didn't forget to praise Minho for a job well done. He just smiled and humbly accepted all those praises. Kibum sat next to Minho's bag on one chair. Just by the looks of it, everyone will notice how Kibum's look and attire don't blend well with the ambience of the locker room.

 

“Are you going home after this?” One player asked as he was wiping himself with the bath towel. That player just took a bath.

 

“Maybe.” Minho answered as he took out the toiletries and clothes out of his bag. “I don't have anywhere else to go anyways.”

 

“Let's go clubbing!” The player cheerfully suggested. “You seldom go out with the rest of the team. Tonight, I, Hongchul, and Jaesun are going out to see some girls. Wanna come?”

 

Minho laughed and shook his head. “Pass.” He uttered.

 

“Come on, Minho. You're single. For sure a lot of girls will talk to you and become interested.” His friend said. “Don't spend too much time with that friend of yours who happened to be a single mom. You can get someone more than her. Let her take care of her child alone.”

 

Minho suddenly froze. He realized Kibum was just around and he was certain he heard all that his friend said. Kibum immediately stood up and walked closer to them. “You aren't married?” Minho didn't talk and so Kibum looked at his friend. “Hi. I'm Kim Kibum. His old friend.”

 

The guy looked at him from head to toe as if he's just judging his style, but eventually he smiled after a while. “Hi. I'm Hang Songchul. Nice meeting you.”

 

“I thought my buddy is already married.” Kibum chuckled and looked at Minho.

 

“How can that guy marry when he's stuck up with a single parent and a four year old child.”

 

Minho then immediately pulled Kibum and pushed him outside their locker dorm. “Yah. Kibum-ah, can you go back to your studio and stop lurking over here. Go out! Leave! Don't come back, okay?!” He said and as he pushed him finally outside, he closed the door of the room.

 

“Eh?” Kibum was both confused and dumbfounded. “He's not married? A single parent with a four year old? What the hell was that?” He shook his head as he started walking away. He was intrigued.

 

As he stepped inside his car, the confusion and uncertainty still won't leave him. “So Minho and Soeun isn't married? And Yoogeun isn't Minho's son? How did that happen?” He kept on asking himself various questions.

 

He paused for a while to think again. “Crap.” He hit the steering wheel when a hint of realization came into his mind. “Could it be that... no. This can't be. It will be a great trouble.” He took his phone and dialled someone who can give him some help.

 

*** *** ***

 

“What's wrong?” Jinki sat with Kibum in the living area that afternoon. He called him up just few hours later and wanted to talk with him about something. Taemin was also there with his hyung so he all three of them were there to talk.

 

“About Minho...” Kibum started and looked at them one by one. “There's something weird about him and Soeun.”

 

“What?” Jinki asked curiously.

 

He told them everything that happened in the soccer field and the locker room earlier. The two keenly listened to everything.

 

“So Minho and Soeun aren't married?” Taemin asked confusingly. “How.. how about Yoogeun? He isn't his son, too?”

 

“Based on Kibum's story, I can conclude that as well.” Jinki answered while nodding. “That friend even called Soeun a single parent. That means Yoogeun doesn't have a father.”

 

“But they didn't say anything about not being married.” Taemin said. “Maybe Minho and Soeun are not married, but they're together.”

 

“The guy sounded like Minho really is not dating anyone.” Kibum said. “He was asking Minho to go out with them tonight so he can see girls and eventually finally date someone.”

 

“That's so weird.” Jinki said. “It's weird that they even acted like they're married and made us believe in them, and Yoogeun calls Minho his appa. That's so strange and confusing.” He said in a deep thought.

 

“Perhaps...” That open statement of Kibum made them looked at each other – as if they were thinking of the same way.

 

“No. No. That can't happen.” Jinki shook his head and tried chuckling. “Soeun left Jonghyun because she didn't want a long distance relationship. If she was pregnant back then, I don't think she would do that – like leaving Jonghyun.”

 

“But I don't think noona is also the type to date someone and have on the first meeting.” Taemin said openly. Jinki looked at him weirdly but he only shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Should we find out what's happening?” Both Taemin and Kibum agreed to what Jinki suggested.

 

“Are we going to tell Jonghyun hyung about this?” Taemin asked.

 

“No.” Jinki answered. “We are not going to tell anyone anything until we're sure of it. Jonghyun is a married guy and this is a sensitive issue. We don't want Yeojin to be hurt and then in the end we'll figure out it wasn't true at all.”


Chapter 11 - Figuring Things Out