I Don't Wanna Go Back

Still You

“Jung Yoogeun.” Soeun called her son's attention with authority. He was sitting at the dining table playing with some condiments. She slightly hit his palm for him to stop. “You told me you're helping, but you're just giving omma more work. Look. I still need to clean this up.” She said.

 

“I'm sorry, omma.” He said with an apologetic tone. He started staring at his fingers. It was his habit everytime Soeun was scolding him.

 

“It's okay.” She said and took her son to go down the chair. “Just go to appa and watch television with him for a while, okay?” She patted his and the obedient Jung Yoogeun quickly followed.

 

Soeun shook her head but she smiled. If Jonghyun was his real husband, she should've scolded him already for letting his son play around the kitchen while he watches television outside. But she understood, Jonghyun was still not used on having a little kid around. He may want to take care of him all the time, but there are still these times when he forgets about his responsibilities simply because he was just starting to get used to it.

 

She was suddenly surprised when a pair of arms suddenly hugged her from behind. “Aigoo!” She was surprised but Jonghyun immediately placed his chin on her shoulder to steady her. “I smell something nice.” He praised.

 

“Of course. You know I cook well.” She said sounding so proud and boastful about what she was cooking.

 

“Not what you're cooking, though.” Jonghyun said and even tightened up his hug.

 

Soeun hit his hands that was on her tummy. “Yah. Can you loosen up that hug. I'm cooking and I can't move freely with you around me.” She said but there was a hint of smile on her face. “Just when I shoo the son away, his father came in instead.” She shook her head and walked on her side to get something. Jonghyun didn't let go and just followed her. “Yah! Kim Jonghyun! Why don't you go play with your son!” She said irritatingly.

 

“He's with Sooki. I don't know how to make those shell bracelets. I can't help them so I decided to just go here.” He chuckled. “And let Yoogeun be with Sooki for a while.”

 

“Eh?” She looked at Jonghyun whose face was only few inches away from her. “Yoogeun is still young! He can't have a girlfriend!”

 

Jonghyun chuckled upon seeing that priceless expression on Soeun. “Should I help you?” He finally let go of her and acted as if he was really about to help her.

 

“I need two tablespoons of sugar.” She said to which Jonghyun eagerly obeyed.

 

“Sugar.. sugar.. sugar... here!” He took the sugar from the shelf and started taking some amounts. However, he was reckless enough to just spill the sugar on the counter.

 

“Yahhh!!” Soeun whined irritatingly upon seeing another messed up place on the kitchen. Jonghyun looked at her with his dumbfounded and awkward expression. He was suddenly frozen with his mouth open in an O. “Aish! Just get out of here! Play with the kids!” She pushed him aside and Jonghyun raised his hands in the air.

 

“I'm sorry~” He said in his funny english accent and face, but chuckled secretly because he himself knew he was such a fail in the kitchen.

 

“Stop smiling.” Soeun said and looked at him with her death glare. Jonghyun saw her doing that and was mesmerized. It was the same exact facial expression Soeun used whenever he before during highschool years.

 

And he couldn't help it. He had to step closer to her again and plant a soft kiss on her lips without warning. “I've been with you for some days already but I always seem to miss you more.” He said and before Soeun could react, he ran out of the kitchen leaving her astounded and surprised.

 

*** *** ***

 

They finished eating dinner but the three of them were still at the dining table. They kept on making glances towards each other, as if secretly sending messages of who needs to get up first, clean the table, and wash the dishes.

 

“Yoogeun-ah~~” Soeun called out her son sweetly. “Who do you think should clean up and wash the dishes?” She asked Yoogeun and looked sneakily at Jonghyun.

 

“Eherm.” Jonghyun cleared his throat and looked at Yoogeun. “Yoogeunnie... I think you need to play with appa after dinner.”

 

“Yoogeunniee.. it's time for omma to take some rest. Appa never does anything at home.”

 

Yoogeunnie thought for a while, “The one who will clean up is..... Appa!!” He shouted loudly and Soeun smiled widely. Jonghyun looked disappointed and stood up lazily to start cleaning up.

 

“Arasso..” He said while pouting.

 

“Come on, Yoogeuniie.. let's watch some films. Omma saw some DVDs under the television.” She said and helped Yoogeun down before walking out of the kitchen. “Do well, Yoogeun-appa..” She playfully patted Jonghyun's back before leaving together with Yoogeun.

 

Poor Jonghyun couldn't do anything but wash their dishes.

 

Around 30 minutes later when Jonghyun finished cleaning up. He immediately wiped his hands and went straight to the living area, finding his son with his mother sitting together on the mattress while watching a movie.

 

“Aiggooo~” He let out a long sigh and sat beside Yoogeun. He looked at the two and found the both of them engrossed at the movie they were watching that they didn't even notice his presence. He stared for a while and realized that the two really look a like. Yoogeun even shared the same expression with his omma, something that he finds really fascinating and amusing.

 

“Oh.” Yoogeun uttered after a short while. “Omma. We have no more chips.” He said and showed his mother the empty bowl.

 

“Get some more there at the fridge.” She said without even looking at the child. Obviously, she couldn't even dare miss a single scene.

 

It was the usual for Soeun, Jonghyun thought. One of the things he hated doing with Soeun before was watching movies together with her. Whenever they go on a date and watch in a cinema, Soeun had the tendency to almost forget about his existence for two straight hours. She didn't want to get disturbed when she's watching a movie.

 

Jonghyun moved closer without her realizing it. He took over Yoogeun's spot beside her and silently wrapped his arms around her shoulders. Soeun didn't protest. She was too concentrated to even argue. She even lifted her back for a bit to give way for Jonghyun's arms. Later on, she also rested her back on his chest. They both find that position comfortable. It was how they usually sat when they watched movies at Soeun's apartment before.

 

“Appa!!” Yoogeun shouted as soon as he came back. He gave the bowl of chips to Jonghyun harshly and pushed him aside to get back to the middle. Jonghyun was surprised and was irritated by his own son.

 

“Yah! Jung Yoogeun! Let appa sit beside omma!” Jonghyun whined and pulled his son by his arms but Yoogeun stuck to himself to his omma. They fought like little kids just for that position beside Soeun.

 

She was irritated and though it was against her will, he paused the movie to stop the two, “Yah! Why are you fighting!”

 

“Omma! I was there beside you before appa came in! He can't steal my spot!” Yoogeun whined. He was about to cry.

 

“But I want to be beside omma, too!” Jonghyun whined as well.

 

“Aiggooo~ Do I have two kids?” Soeun frowned and pulled Yoogeun to sit on her other side. Yoogeun followed but was looking angrily at his appa. Jonghyun, on the other hand, smiled, and went back to his position before Yoogeun came back.

 

She was serious and engrossed into watching that she didn't realize Yoogeun falling asleep while hugging her on her side. She smiled when she saw that peaceful expression on his son's face. “He fell asleep.” He said and looked at Jonghyun, only to find out that he had fallen asleep on her shoulder as well, his one hand holding hers, while the other around her waist.

 

She smiled to herself as she realized how wonderful it felt to have the two most important boys in her life around her. It was her happiest moment, seeing them peacefully siding beside her. She wished that night wouldn't end, and they would just stay there as if time wasn't running.

 

Tears soflty fell into her eyes, oh how she really didn't want to go back, if only she had any choice.


Chapter 48 - There's What We Call Reality

We keep on coming back and forth from Seoul to Busan, and back to Seoul. Anyways, guys.. my class will start on June 5, so I'm thinking if I could finish the fic until the night of June 4, PH time. There's a huge chance, tho, to end this before June 5, so if ever, please prepare for massive updates...

 

PS: You can also prepare your heart if massive updates keep coming for the next few days.