I'm Back

Still You

 

 A/N: Wow, guys. Really. This is what I've always wanted. To see your long comments after each chapter. I feel so loved. LOL. Reading them all, it's obvious that each of you also has different opinions and point of view regarding Jonghyun talking about the child's custody, but it's so weird that all the points you're saying were all true and based on true judgement. Hmm~ Are you excited to know what's going to happen now? I hope so. XD

Please always let your comments in. XD



 

Jonghyun let out a deep breath after arriving at Yoogeun's daycare. “This is it.” He said to himself and tried easing the nervousness and uncertainty that he was feeling at the moment. He needed to do this.

 

His desire to get Yoogeun and raise him was so strong that he was willing to do anything just to win him over, and thought that no one could ever stop him in doing such things. What he said to Soeun a while ago was all true. He will bring this issue on the court and take Yoogeun in the most legal way possible. He was planning on calling a lawyer tonight and hopefully meet him tomorrow.

 

After thinking further and calming himself down, Jonghyund decided to get off his car and walk towards the entrance of the daycare – with the main intention of tellingYoogeun about the truth. Before going there, Jonghyun had already thought of the best way to tell him – without Yoogeun being confused as to why he just found out about him recently.

 

“Uncle Jonghyun!” Yooguen shouted and happily ran to him. Jonghyun knelt down and spread his arms to welcome him with a big hug. The boy didn't fail him. As soon as he had his arms wide, Yoogeun almost jumped into him in excitement.

 

“Aigoo~ Yoogeun-ah.” Jonghyun uttered and hugged him tightly. It was overwhelming hugging him before, but now that he knew he is his real son, Jonghyun couldn't explain the happiness that he was feeling at that moment. He might have been innocent of his presence all these years, but Jonghyun promised himself to be there with him from now on.

 

“Uncle Jonghyun...” Yoogeun called out. “It hurts.”

 

Jonghyun chuckled and quickly let go of him. “I'm sorry. I was hugging you so tight.” He patted his head and took his bag from his back. “How was it? What did you do today?”

 

“I told teacher about what you taught me yesterday!” He said excitedly and made cute gestures using his hands. “I told them about the big microphone and the plenty buttons in your work! I also told them I became a singer because I sing in that room!” It was obvious that Yoogeun was having fun with such field Jonghyun was into. “Uncle, are we going there again?”

 

“Hmm...” He shook his head. “Let's go there again some other time. For now, I want to take you somewhere else. Do you want to eat?”

 

“Shrimp!!” Yoogeun immediately shouted which made Jonghyun surprised for a bit. He stood up and opened the door for Yoogeun.

 

“Yoogeun-ah!” Before the child could even enter the car, someone shouted and it turned out to be Soeun. She ran as fast as she could just to get to her son immediately.

 

“Omma?”

 

Immediately, she took her child away from Jonghyun. “Come on, let's go home.” She said and not long after, Minho came in following her.

 

“Oh, you two are here.” Jonghyun smiled though both of Soeun and Minho knew it wasn't the genuine smile that he was trying to show. “Need some backup, Soeun-ah?” He asked mockingly but Soeun tried hard to ignore it – as if she wasn't hearing anything. “I'm taking Yoogeun out to eat.” He said.

 

“He must be tired. I'm sorry but you can eat together some other time.” Soeun replied.

 

“But I'm not tired, umma... Can't I go out with Uncle Jonghyun?” Yoogeun looked up to his mother with a pleading expression. “I want to be with Uncle, umma, please?” He even put his palms together and begged.

 

“Some other time, my dear.” Soeun answered softly and looked at Jonghyun. “Please. Not now.” She said and wished that Jonghyun got what she meant.

 

“Then when?” Jonghyun asked and sighed. “I know you don't know how to do it so I'll take charge.” Carefully, he pulled Yoogeun back to his sighed. “Tell umma you'll be home before 9 pm.” Jonghyun ordered the little kid and Yoogeun immediately followed.

 

“So was that a yes, umma?” Jonghyun looked at Soeun and she wasn't able to answer. “That was a yes then, Yoogeunie. Come on... get in.” He opened the door and Yoogeun waved at his umma before entering the car. Jonghyun closed it right after.

 

“Jonghyun hyung.” Minho called but Jonghyun completely ignored him.

 

“Don't worry. I'll still bring him back to you later tonight.” He only said and went to the other side of the car to get in.

 

Soeun stayed at her place until the car was out of her sight anymore. “Soeun-ah...” Minho placed a hand on her shoulder. “Are you okay?”

 

“He can't be stopped.” Soeun said – almost in the verge of tears again. “I don't think I can stop him anymore. He's determined to get Yoogeun from me, and now he's starting to do everything to make Yoogeun like him.”

 

“Is he going to tell him the truth?”

 

“Maybe.” Soeun answered shortly. “And I don't know what will happen after that, seeing how Yoogeun was really fond of him, and you know I can't control my son's mind.”

 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun really did take Yoogeun on one of the seafood restaurants he has constantly been eating eversince. Yoogeun was so excited as he hopped out of the car while holding Yoogeun's hand. They occupied a table and Jonghyun pulled his chair closer to Yoogeun and now they were sitting side by side. The waiter immediately came and took their orders. Giving in to his son's liking, Jonghyun let Yoogeun choose all the dishes that they will eat. He was amused, for Yoogeun chose those that he might have chosen as well.

 

“Yoogeunnie...” Jonghyun started. “I have a surprise to you.” Yoogeun looked at him – as if he was very interested as to what surprise it was. “I was keeping this all along because I'm shy to tell you about it.”

 

“Why are you shy?” Yoogeun asked.

 

“I'm shy because... I'm scared that you will get mad at me.”

 

Yoogeun frowned as he stared at him, “Why will I get mad at you, uncle? Did you do something wrong?”

 

Jonghyun shook his head, “Because... I left you.” He looked at her and met Yoogeun's confused expression. Now that he was doing it for real, he was suddenly uncertain if Yoogeun will accept it and won't get mad at him. “I am... your appa.”

 

“Eh?” Rather a surprised a confused expression that Jonghyun thought a while ago, Yoogeun only gave him that doubting look. “You are my appa?”

 

He nodded, “I didn't tell it yesterday because I was afraid that you're mad at me. I left you and your umma, and you were probably angry because of it.” He said and it almost came out as a whisper.

 

“Where did you go when you left?” Yoogeun asked and they exchanged gazes.

 

“I went abroad and study music instead.” Jonghyun said – still trying hard to be as true as possible. “I came back and saw you and thought I should not say anything. But you're too precious and appa can't hide it anymore.” Jonghyun was shocked when Yoogeun climbed on his seat and stood on his chair. “Yoogeunie, what are you doing? You might fall!” He said and immediately held him secured.

 

Yoogeun then wrapped his arms around Jonghyun's neck and hugged him tightly. “I understand, appa. Umma wanted me for herself only that's why it was us who left you.”

 

Jonghyun was surprised as to what the child said. He wasn't expecting that expression from him. He might have expected the child to cry, to get angry, and to immediately ask to leave and run to his mom. But this Jung Yoogeun just hugged him, and told him he understood it, something that a typical five year old kid won't usually do.”

 

“Yoogeunnie...”

 

“You are here. I will scold mom for leaving you before but do you promise to stay with me forever?”

 

He smiled and nodded, “I promise.”

 

“But, appa...” Yoogeun uttered after a while, “Omma is always afraid that I will love my appa more than her. Let's not do it, right?” Jonghyun frowned – trying to get Yoogeun's point. “I love Omma and Appa together.” He only smiled and suddenly clapped when he saw their orders coming.

 

“Wow, appa! This is plenty!” He said adoring the dishes that were placed on the table.

 

Though uncertain about what Yoogeun has talked about just a while ago, Jonghyun smiled. Hearing this boy call him appa is like and accomplishment on his part.


Chapter 21 - Stay With Me