Going Back To The Past

Still You

 

“Come on, you are just going to pick your son together, and that's it.” The doctor said with a smile while trying to act as if they were just talking about something unimportant. Jonghyun was just few meters away looking at him and Soeun talking. She immediately pulled him out and talked to him in private without Jonghyun hearing them.

 

Soeun shook her head. “But...”

 

“Look.” The doctor placed both his hands on her shoulders and secretly looked at Jonghyun. The other was obviously not amused upon seeing that sight that he created. He smiled to himself and thought he was in victory. “It's not gonna harm you anyway, and I know Jonghyun ssi won't talk something about the past. I told him it's not good for you, and I know he won't let you have a hard time.”

 

Soeun looked up at the doctor doubtly. “Okay, but remove your hands on my shoulders coz it doesn't look right.” She said simply and the doctor awkwardly removed his hands though he was smiling gently.

 

Soeun breathed few more times before turning around to go back to Jonghyun.

 

The other didn't seem to be so much happy about what he saw just a while ago. The doctor's hands on Soeun's shoulders as they talked closely as if they share a deepest secret of each other, but he just smiled and acted like he was fine the moment he saw them coming back.

 

“Jonghyun ssi, would you mind if I go up a bit and get my things before going with you?” She asked to which Jonghyun replied positively.


“Sure. There's no problem. I'll just wait here.”

 

Soeun then started walking towards the elevator leaving Dr. Seunghyun and Jonghyun at the lobby together. For few minutes, there was an awkward silence until Seunghyun decided to talk. “You do know that it won't be too good for Soeun to remember everything by force, right?” The doctor said to which he eventually nodded. “If there's something you think she should know, just spare it some other time.”


“She isn't a child to be protected that much.” Jonghyun looked at the doctor and one could obviously identify how he didn't look so amused to be with him. “I mean... Soeun seems to be fine and better. She takes care of Yoogeun as how she was before, she goes to work freely, and even talks to her friends like there's nothing wrong with her. Don't you think it would be better to help her remember everything from time to time?”

 

“I don't think so.” The doctor immediately answered and looked away, wondering why Jonghyun was suddenly that eager to make her remember him. Just few days ago, he was obviously ready to endure the time being of being forgotten by Soeun, but now, he was really determined to help her out, which is, for the doctor, wasn't really of a good thing.

 

“I think so.” Jonghyun said clearly. “I think that would be better for her, and for everybody.” He faced the doctor as if he was ready for any competition. “How can she make more beautiful memories if she has forgotten something important from her past?”

 

“She doesn't need to remember that.” The doctors said. They were obviously aware of what they were talking about, and no one wanted to lose. “Not anymore. Coz maybe someone else can make her happier and if that's 'something important' you were talking about wasn't really that beautiful, then why does she need to remember that anyway?”

 

“Because it's her.” Jonghyun uttered. “Whether it's beautiful or not, that's what made her the person she is right now, and if she stayed being all clueless about the truth, then she will never be complete, and regarding that someone else that could make her happier. Yes, she could find someone else, but no, she won't really be happier with him, and I know for sure.”

 

“You don't know everything...” The doctor answered back, “And I know for sure.”

 

“I do know.” Jonghyun showed a half smirk, “That whether or not she remembers everything, she will always be in love with that same person she used to love before.”

 

The doctor was about to say something, but then they saw Soeun running back towards them as she went out of the elevator.


“Aigoo~ Careful.” Jonghyun reminded when he noticed that she was running with her heels. “Are we going?” She only nodded and Jonghyun looked at the doctor. “See you around, Dr. Park.” He nodded and the other did as well.

 

They left the company by a car and both of them were silent. No one even dared to talk or open up a topic. Soeun was certain she won't iniate any conversation between the two of them. She would try her very best to act normally just like how she did for the past few days.

 

However, she got confused when Jonghyun suddenly turned into a different direction. “J-jonghyun ssi... I think we are not on the right way.” She said as she was confused.

 

“I know.” Jonghyun only answered. “There's somewhere I want to take you to. It's an important place.”

 

“Important?” Soeun felt nervous inside. “What important place?” She asked.

 

“We'll know when we get there.” Jonghyun said and the conversation ended again. Soeun looked outside and carefully observe the place.

 

She then figured out where they were going. To the school where they graduated highschool. She wanted to ask him why they were going there, but felt like it would be better to just remain silent.

 

“Do you have any idea now?” Jonghyun asked after a while.

 

“This place looks familiar.” She said while looking outside the car and savoring all the memories of her highschool years and years back. It was challenging. It was full of hardship, but in general... it's sweet and romantic.. because she was with him. She felt her eyes being heavy, however, she must not cry.

 

“Yes. This is very familiar.” Jonghyun said in such a sweet tone that she will never resist. She didn't know why he was acting like this all of a sudden, and she didn't like it because she knew it was her weakness, to have him all sweet and loving next to her. “We are going to our highschool.” He revealed, and she knew she was right. They were heading towards their old school.

 

He parked the car nearby and both of them entered the campus freely. Both reminiscing the joys and hardships of the past, however, Soeun tried not to be affected at all. She wanted to seem so bland about what she was seeing.

 

Suddenly, Jonghyun's hand bumped into hers while they walked closely. Soeun stopped as she felt the friction. Jonghyun did, too, and looked at Soeun. “I hope you remember everything, tho not all at once, but at least one by one.” After saying that, he gently interlocked his fingers to hers. She was about to protest when he held it even tighter. “Disregard everything right now, just please listen to me and trust me fully.” He said and walked again. This time, with their hands together.

 

“If you looked into the present, it will be very chaotic. It will be hard to understand, and for sure you'll think differently of the situation, so I want us to focus in the past and forget about the present for a while.” He said and she heard him inhale deeply. “There...” He pointed the wide field with his free hand. “Before it has become a soccer field, it was a field that is covered by grass. There was once when you were running across it, going to that other side of the building to meet the teacher who asked for you to work on something. But as you ran there, you suddenly tripped and so I came into the rescue.” He chuckled into himseld while Soeun tried to stay still. She badly wanted to cry at that moment.

 

“... that's when we first met each other, we became friends, and later on, became lovers.” Soeun looked at him and he nodded. “Yes. You heard it right. Lovers. There are so many things I want you to remember, but hopefully you'll remember them later on, but this scene I will never forget...” He laughed alone before continuing. “You were so mad at me that day that you wouldn't talk to me, but of course, I want us to be okay so I followed you all day. Then suddenly, you told me to stop following you or else you'll run into the field when it rain.”

 

“Did it rain?” Soeun asked and she didn't know why she did that, maybe because she was carried away.

 

“Yes. It rained while I still kept on chasing you. To my horror, you ran into the field and spread your arms like you don't care about anything. I was so in panic just to take my umbrella on my bag. I then ran towards you and ask you to stop doing that but you didn't care about me and even tried pushing me away... I was so desperate to get you out of there because it started to rain even heavier, so I threw my umbrella away and carried you with your head upside down and your body hanging on my shoulder. You were screaming and hitting my back but I managed to bring you under a shed. You were very mad and started to cry so hard in front of me so I just hugged you and though you tried to get away, I was just stronger so I kept you still.”

 

Soeun looked into Jonghyun's eyes. “Why did we fight?”

 

“You thought I was flirting with someone else.”

 

“Wasn't it the truth?”


He shook his head. “No, and I don't think I have ever loved anyone more than I love you... even now.”


A/N: Cliffhang for you all. :))