What is Happening?

Still You

“Jonghyun-ah.. I think you at least go back to the house and take some rest. You're exhausting yourself, too, and it's not helping.” Jinki told him that afternoon of the next day after he arrived from the old house. He called his manager to bring him over some of his things that he can also share with the other guys. He also told him he won't be able to go back in few more days since that was an emergency and he got nothing to do but wait until Soeun was fine.

 

The manager, tho it was against his will, still said yes because Jinki has the right to have a leave if ever such emergencyies occur. He requested him to get him some things ans the manager also agreed. He arrived around 7 am in the morning so Jinki, Taemin and Kibum went home for a while to change clothes, rest for a while, and eat. Minho didn't want to go as well, but they insisted that he should rest so Minho went home after the three of them arrived.

 

Now it was Jonghyun's turn to be pushed into going home. However, he was very eager to stay and he kept on saying no. “The doctor said she should wake up within 24 hours at maximum. We still have few hours left. I'll go home after she wakes up.”

 

“But...”

 

“That's what I want, hyung.” Jonghyun said and Jinki gave up, knowing he couldn't do anything else for that.

 

“Okay fine, you stay, but get something to eat, like go down to the cafeteria and have some coffee..”

 

“I'm fine. I'm not hungry.”

 

“You haven't eaten anything all night.”

 

“I'm not hungry.” Jonghyun insisted which make any of them unable to resist.

 

Just then, Yoogeun came with Yeojin. He was worried, maybe someone has finally opened up to him about what happened to his mom. He went straight to Jonghyun and he just hugged him tightly.

 

“Appa? Did she wake up already?” He said while he was about to cry. Jonghyun cupped his son's face and tried smiling,

 

“Not yet, son, but omma's gonna wake up so soon.” He assured him and gave Yoogeun another hug. “Let's wait right here, okay? She's going to call us really soon.”

 

“I bought something.” Yeojin didn't know why it was a bit awkward for her to talk to him, as if he was a stranger to him. “Eat something. It won't help if you suddenly become sick at this moment.”

 

Jonghyun looked at her hesitantly, but took the bag and said thank you. Yeojin nodded and just sat next to him silently. She couldn't utter any other words for she didn't know what else to say. It was obvious that Jonghyun onle cared about Soeun finally waking up. Though she needed to understand, of course, that fact really hurts her.

 

Just then a nurse went out of the ICU, “Jung Soeun's family?”

 

They stood up automatically and went to the nurse. “We are his family.” Kibum said.

 

“Deh. She has woken up.” She announced and a huge sigh of relief could be heard into everybody's mouth. It was an indication that she really did survived. “Only one person could go at this moment and all of you can go in after a while. For the mean time, she's looking for her child..”

 

“Me! Me! Me!” Yoogeun immediately raised his hand in delight. “I want to see omma!”

 

“Let's go, baby.” The nurse took Yoogeun's hand and nodded to the others. “Please wait for a little while. You'll be able to see her later after taking her to the recovery room.” She said and went inside while holding Yoogeun with her.

 

Those who remained couldn't explain how it was such a relief to all of them knowing she has woken up. It was like a year of waiting, but all worth it.

 

Jonghyun thought that maybe Soeun heard what he said last night so she really fought to wake up. It was a good thing, and he's going to keep his promise.

 

Because his worries was lessened, he noticed Yeojin beside her, all silent and not talking about anything. As what he was expecting, guilt suddenly hit him. He never really wanted to hurt her, but he couldn't do anything. In few hours, all of his views about himself changed. The moment he saw Soeun in that kind of situation where she was almost dying, he knew he didn't want to let go her anymore. He was reminded of how special she was into his life, and though it was painful, no one can ever change the fact that he loved her most.

 

...not even Yeojin.

 

It was hard to admit at first because he was ceratin that he loved Yeojin as well. She was very special. Her lovely personality and profound love could never be replaced as well. She's very precious and it would be so hard to leave her, but Jonghyun won't bear making her believe about something that is not there anymore.

 

Soeun has claimed her spot. It's what she always had in the past, and in the present. It would hurt to confess to Yeojin how he feels, so he needed Soeun to be there, to explain with him, so both of them could be understood.

 

As he looked at Yeojin, he read sadness in her eyes. She noticed him looking, so she looked back and smiled bitterly.

 

He thought that maybe Yeojin felt it already. She wasn't talking but she was obviously hurt, and it can be clearly seen on her face.

 

*** *** ***

 

“Waaahh! Soeun-ahh!” It was noisy inside the recovery room as soon as Jinki, Kibum and Taemin went in. “Look at you! You made us all worried!”

 

Soeun just smiled, “I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble.” She said still unable to speak as loud and fast as before. She was still weak but can manage to comprehend and talk to people already. Yoogeun helped a lot in her fast recovery. Just an hour ago, Soeun was really having troubles talking without stopping, but Yoogeun has been talking to her since they meet that Soeun finally managed to get it back close to normal.

 

As they observed, Soeun was pretty normal again. Nothing has changed. Nothing was damaged. The doctor explained to them a while ago that there might be some changes with the way she speaks, with the way she speaks, and she might probably have trouble recognizing people at first, but she quickly could tell who's who and Jinki thought there was nothing to worry about anymore. All she needed to do is to recovery and her life will be back to normal as if nothing happened.

 

Just then, Jonghyun and Yeojin entered the room with smiles on their faces. Jonghyun was holding a basket full of fruits while Yeojin was holding a bouquet of flowers.

 

“Soeun-ah...” Jonghyun called out with smile of relief on his face. “It's good to see you recovering. We are all worried.”

 

“Kamsahamnida.”

 

They frowned upon hearing such formal word came out of , as if they didn't have any relationship at all.

 

“Here, we have flowers and fruits for your fast recovery, Soeunnie...” Yeojin uttered and placed them on the table beside her bed.

 

“Deh, Kamsahamnida.” Another formal term from Soeun was heard, “But... who gave those?”

 

“Huh?” Yeojin was confused on her question. “We did. We bought these for you, Soeun-ah..” She tried explaining despite her confusion.

 

“Ahhh..” Soeun nodded a bit. “Who are you?”

 

They were surprised and dumbfounded about that question. Is she joking?

 

“Soeun-ah...” Jonghyun went closer to Soeun to speak to her. “It's Jonghyun. Remember? Jonghyun... Yoogeun's appa.” He said in a kind of panicking way.

 

She shook her head. “No.. Yoogeun's father is dead.” She revealed, and it was even more surprising to them about how she was saying nonsense. “He was with me in the woods, and he was chased by a boar... He's dead. I saw it...”


“Appa...” Yoogeun called Jonghyun. “She kept on telling me that when we met... she said she was sorry about not saving my appa's life. She said she just found him dead in the woods and decided to run away that's why she slided down the steep.”

 

It was a nightmare for all of them, all confused at what is happening to her.


A/N: I am in no way knowledgeable about medical terms and explanation so please don't argue with what is about to be explained on the next chapter. Yes, it's fictional, still. XD