I Think You Forget Something

Still You

The team was complete. The five guys were there including Yeojin inside Soeun and Yoogeun's house. They just came from Busan one day after Soeun was discharged from the hospital.

 

“Are you sure you're fine here alone?” Minho asked as they all sat down in the living area together.

 

“I am. I told you I'm really fine so there's nothing to worry about.” Soeun said and wrapped her arm around Yoogeun's shoulders who was by then sitting beside her. “And Yoogeun's here with me. He'll take care of me for sure.” She chuckled when Yoogeun nodded eagerly.


“You really don't need to worry uncles. I'll look after omma all the time.” He said as if he's someone that can easily relied upon.

 

“Good kid.” Jinki praised and stood up. “So, shall we all go so they could have enough rest again?” He suggested to which Kibum and Taemin were the fastest to respond. They stood up and fixed themselves before going. “When you need something, of course you can call any of us.” He said assuring that someone will immediately go for help just when she needs it.

 

“I'm fine.” Soeun stood up then and smiled. “I'm definitely okay.” She paused for a while and looked at each of them. “Thanks to all of you for doing this to me. You were always there and never left me alone, and thanks for taking care of Yoogeun when I can't even move myself.”

 

“Aiggooo...” Key sighed and adored her. “That's what friends do when they need each other. You were part of our lives eversince you and Jong-” He was interrupted when Jinki elbowed him to stop. “I got it. Let's leave.” He said and awkwardly started walking out to the door.

 

“We'll go ahead.” Jinki smiled and looked at the other guys. “Let's go?”

 

“Just call me.” Jonghyun uttered softly and looked into her eyes. He was heartbroken upon seeing that empty expression on her face. It was obvious that she didn't care about him – and he thought she probably didn't recognize her feelings for him anymore.

 

Soeun's heart was changed along her mind, and it was painful for Jonghyun to accept the fact that he needed to wait until she could already remember the truth. Moreover, he wasn't even sure if that could ever happen.

 

Yeojin took a glimpse over her husband. As time passed by, she realized how he was starting to be open and obvious about his real feelings. He didn't even bother considering her feelings about doing such things he had already done for Soeun. It seemed like they were not married at all. After the accident, Jonghyun started being so cold, and less caring, something that she always tried to ignore, though reality kicked in, and she knew she was hurting – so bad.

 

After seeing that expression on her husband's face, Soeun looked away to conceal the disappointment that she felt. She only smiled at the ground while following the other guys at the door. “See you soon.” She said to Soeun but it almost came out as a whisper.

 

Soeun and Yoogeun followed the rest and watched as their cars left. She sighed and looked at her son. Yoogeun looked up and smiled, “Omma? Are you still fine?”

 

She smiled and kneeled down to look at her son closely. “I am, my dear. Omma will not get sick again. I promise you.” She winked at her son and chuckled. “Hmm... should we go buy some ingredients and bake a cake?”

 

She was expecting a bright expression but the child knitted his eyebrows, “Are you sure we can go there and you won't feel sick anymore?”

 

“Aigoo~ You worry so much, honey! Omma is so fine!!” She said cheerfully to make her son believe her.

 

“You're still not fine. Do you remember appa now, omma?” He suddenly asked which made her speechless. “If you can remember appa then you are fine already.”

 

Soeun kneeled again and held both her son's hand. “Darling...”

 

“Omma. I want to go back to the beach with you and appa. Remember when we walk there together and we were laughing? I want to do it again.” He told his omma eagerly. “Get well fast, omma. We need to go back there.” She didn't know how to explain everything to her son, and she didn't even want to lie to him. “And omma, my appa is not dead. Jonghyun appa is really well. He was just with us few minutes ago. Jonghyun appa is my appa. He is my appa, omma. You need to remember that.” He insisted and held his mother's hands firmly. “I don't want appa to be sad anymore. I'm sure he is because you don't remember him anymore.”

 

“I wish you could understand well.” She whispered and caressed her son's face. “Omma might not remember everything, but I can really move so well. Please stop worrying, Yoogeunie. I don't want you to worry so much about omma because it's me who should take care of you.”

 

“Okay.” Yoogeun answered and nodded – though he wasn't smiling. “Let's go to the store but you need to make sure you hold my hand all the time.”

 

She smiled and nodded like they switched places and she suddenly became his son's daughter. It was something he learned from his father, to never let go of the girl's hand so as to protect and guide her all the time.

 

*** *** ***

 

After few weeks, the couple had finally went back to their unit. The house was very silent. It was clean and it looked so empty. They didn't know if they feel the same about the house, but it seemed lacking for something. Something that they couldn't identify and figure out themselves.

 

“Should I cook something?” She dared to ask as she placed her things on the couch.

 

Jonghyun walked towards the room. “I'm fine with anything.” He simply said and entered the room without even looking at her.

 

She sighed and closed her eyes firmly, trying to feel okay and unaffected of Jonghyun's reaction towards her. “Aigoo, Yeojin-ah... He's just tired. He'll be normal a bit later.”

 

She decided to go to the kitchen and cook something for them. She asked an ahjumma to take care of the unit while they were away and told her to buy some groceries to fill in the fridge. She opened it and found almost all the ingredients she needed to cook for their dinner.

 

More than an hour later, and she finished cooking a dish they could share together. She also cooked some rice and prepared the table before calling Jonghyun out from the room.

 

She slowly twisted open the door knob and peeped inside only to find Jonghyun lying on his stomach with his eyes tightly closed. She knew he wasn't sleeping. Maybe he was just thinking about something.

 

“Yeobo... let's eat.” She said but Jonghyun didn't respond on the first call so she repeated. “Yeobo...”

 

“Hmmm...” He moaned and moved a bit. “I'll go out in a while.” He said, still not bothering to face her.

 

She sighed for the nth time and decided to just wait for him at the table. As she sat there, she starting thinking about what happened.

 

What could possibly turned wrong for this to happen? What did she do for everything to turn out this way? Is it because of something that she did or something that she didn't do? She had never looked at their relationship and imagined it to come this way.

 

Five minutes later when Jonghyun came out and sat silently opposite her at the table. He silently took the spoon on his hand and got himself rice and the dish.

 

Yeojin was looking silently, watching and waiting for her husband to at least say something. But he didn't. He was so engrossed in his own thought that he obviously forgot about her.

 

“Are we going to be like this until Soeun gains her memory back?” She couldn't take it anymore so she had to initiate the conversation. “Can't you at least be considerate of me and stop acting like you care so much about her when you are in front of me?”

 

Jonghyun looked at Yeojin in surprise. It was never in Yeojin's nature to talk so strong just like that. It wasn't her – or maybe it was her, when she was triggered by something strong enough for her to act like that.

 

Yeojin stood up from her seat and looked at Jonghyun. “I don't think you ever had an amnesia but I think you're forgetting that I am your wife. We got married almost 6 months ago. I am not asking you to be happy that Soeun forgot you, and honestly, I'm not happy about it as well, but please. Stop making me feel like you love her more than you do to me. It's not painful, it's actually heartbreaking.” With that, she took her jacket with her and left the unit again.