We Can't Go Back to the Past

Still You

A/N: Happy 5th Year, SHINee ! XD All the best for the boys. XD


“Yoogeun-ah. I told you, don't run!” Soeun shouted as soon as she stopped the car few meters away from their house. Yoogeun immediately went out and ran inside. She took Yoogeun's and her things before getting out of the car.

 

As soon as she got out, Minho arrived together with his hyung. She saw Yoogeun talking to them. “Minho yah?”

 

“Oh.. Soeun-ah.” Minho and his hyung greeted her and she greeted back. “Omma said she wants Yoogeun to eat at home. Hyung's here to get him.” Yoogeun became excited and happy upon hearing what his uncle Minho said. “Can he go?”

 

The child immediately went to his mom, “Omma! I want to go! I want to go!” He shouted in excitement and Soeun, in the end, couldn't do anything but allow her son to go. After hearing that his mother said yes, Yoogeun immediately ran to Minho's hyung and he carried him.

 

“I'll bring him home tonight, Soeun-ah. Thanks.” His hyung told her and smiled.

 

“Please take care of him, oppa.” She reminded to which the hyung nodded.

 

“Take care, hyung, and thanks.” Minho patted his hyung's back before he finally walked away to his car with Yoogeun.

 

“Why didn't you go with them?” Soeun asked when he noticed that Minho remained instead of leaving with the two. “I'm sure your mom wanted to eat dinner with you as well.”

 

“Let's go out on a date.” Minho smiled and held her hand. “Can't you see how I look today? I prepared for this!” He said proudly flaunting his outfit to her.

 

Soeun frowned and raised and eyebrow. “Hmm... Did your mother really wanted to have dinner with Yoogeun? Or did you tell them to get him so you can date me?” With Soeun revealing the truth, Minho could only scratch his head and smile awkwardly. “We just ate together a while ago, and now you want to date me again?”

 

“Well...” Minho reached for her hand, held into it, and swayed it playfully. “You told me you needed time to decide for that marriage, I'm here to help you decide.”

 

“Helping me decide?”

 

“If you're wondering if I could really make you happy, then I'm here to answer that question.” Minho then just pushed her gently inside the house. “Can you change your outfit for now and let's quickly go out together? Work must be pressuring. You need to feel relaxed.”

 

Though Soeun was still uncertain about what Minho was about to do, she still followed and changed clothes. Just few minutes later, she went out with clothes almost matching Minho's. He smiled widely like a satisfied kid. “Are you ready?”

 

Soeun nodded and both of them left using Minho's car.

 

Minho brought Soeun at a cozy restaurant along Hongdae. It was one of the restaurants couples often visit because the atmosphere was both romantic and relaxing. “Cool?”

 

“Yeah. When did you find this?” She asked when they occupied an empty table. Minho shrugged and smiled as he noticed how fascinated she looked while her eyes lurked around the area. “This is nice. I love the ambience.”

 

“Shall we take our orders?” Minho then called for a waiter and someone immediately approached them to give the menu. He handed one to Soeun and carefully looked at his as well. They didn't have a hard time choosing what to eat for the waiter suggested a set of meals that would probably fit them.

 

“How about wine?” Soeun asked suggesting about having few drinks. However, Minho said no, explaining that they are going for a stride outside later after eating. He said he wanted her to experience a date young couples do – insisting that both of them were still young anyways.

 

When the orders around, they started eating and didn't forget to taste every order that was served. They laughed together as Minho always had something to say about a dish – carefully examining it and giving funny remarks about it.

 

“Soeun-ah?” They stopped when someone called her name. As the looked at the owner of the voice, they were surprised to see Yeojin. Behind her was Jonghyun who looked so awkward and uncomfortable about seeing them together. “Hi! Wow. This is fate. We're about to eat here as well!” She said excitedly. “Hi, Minho ssi.”

 

“Hello.” Minho smiled. “This is a good place.”

 

“Yes, I know.” Yeojin replied and smiled sweetly. “I haven't tried eating here so I asked Jonghyunnie to bring me here. It turns out you're here as well. Oh! Shall we eat together as a group?”

 

“Yeojin-ah...” Jonghyun held her hand. “They're on a date. Let's not bother them, okay?” He said and flashed another awkward smile towards the two who were interrupted from eating. “It's nice to see you here.” He said.

 

“Aigoo~ I'm sorry I barged in without considering your date.” Yeojin said but there was a hint of a tease on her voice. She looked like a fangirl who might spazz any moment because of the two. “You looked so sweet and you two really suit each other. I am looking forward to seeing you two again!” She waved and started walking away with Jonghyun.

 

“Sure you don't want to sit with us?” Minho shouted a bit louder but Yeojin shook her head. He smiled and nodded.

 

Awful enough, the two sat where Soeun could see them properly – and worse, she could clearly see Jonghyun's face from their table. She tried to ignore and focused on eating. She didn't want him to disturb her and Minho's date.

 

“Have I told you about this team we used to compete with during National tournament?” Minho started talking about soccer. Soeun, though not much of a soccer fan, still listened attentively while eating.

 

However, her attention couldn't be as focused right when her gaze met Jonghyun's. She ignored him for the first time, but the number of times they got to look at each other incidentally became a bit noticeable that she couldn't understand why it was happening.


“Are you alright, Soeunni?” Minho asked when he noticed Soeun holding her temples and gently massaging them together. “Your head's aching?”

 

“Ah.. no. no.” She smiled and showed him she was fine. Actually, she was trying to avoid getting eye contact with Jonghyun that she decided to just look down and look at her plate instead, coz everytime she lifted her head up to meet Minho's eyes, she kept on meeting Jonghyun's instead – who was also talking with Yeojin – and so she still wondered why they kept on exchanging quick glances.

 

As she lifted her head, she suddenly saw Yeojin feeding Jonghyun with the food on her chopsticks. She paused as she felt that familiar hurt in her heart. The same hurt she felt when she saw him again for the first time after almost six years.

 

“Are you sure you're okay?” Minho asked again when he noticed that she was being really indifferent. Soeun nodded again. “You suddenly changed mood when they came.” Minho sighed and shook his head. “Some things never change.”

 

“Minho-ah...” Soeun was kind of surprised of what he last said. She wasn't expecting to hear that from Minho. He took a glimpse of her and smiled bitterly.

 

“Soeun-ah... I told you there are things that is better left unsaid. Truth that is better to be kept hidden... but, can I ask you a favor? Please don't show that expression to me.”

 

“What expression?”

 

“Your expression that shows how you wanted everything back and wished it didn't become like this.” He said straightly. “I mean, nevermind about how I feel. I'm just thinking about you.” He looked at her and crossed his arms. He looked at her for a while and then he made an irritating sigh. “Tell me honestly, you still love him, don't you?” Instead of answering, Soeun only lowered his head. Minho shook his head again. “Do you want him back?”

 

“He's married. How can that happen?”

 

“Sheez. I knew you still love him.” There was an obvious hurt in Minho's voice. However, he tried staying as cool as possible. He looked behind him and stared at the couple. Jonghyun and Yeojin looked at him and he smile before returning to Yeojin.

 

“It's bette if we break up.” Minho said suddenly, making her surprised. “We can't go back to the past, yeah. But that doesn't give us the right to choose wrongly for the future. It's fine, Soeunnie. I'm fine.”


Chapter 34 - When Reality Differs from The Truth

Tho I don't know if you will still like Minho in the future Chapters ~ Hmm. let's see. Spoiler: Something which I call the "turning point" is about to happen so.. watch out.