It was clear enough

Still You

A/N: Guess what... I was about to finish this chapter when I decided to take a nap and ended up entirely sleeping. It was just 12 am but suddenly woke up around 3:00. Even watched something else before writing again so this one will appear a bit shorter than the previous. LOL. come to think of it, I like.. had 3 hours of sleep the entire day, I'm not even that busy yet.  Keep your comments, coming guys!! 


Jonghyun silently sat as they waited outside the emergency his room. His hands on his face as he his elbows were rested on his knees. Soeun was still inside, and they didn't know what was happening since the nurses told them that they should just remain outside and wait until the doctor comes out.

 

His shirt was covered with blood as he was the one who held Soeun on her head while they were transferring her on a stretcher. It was hard to lift her up the steep but they made it, and Jonghyun was thankful because she was still breathing when they reached the hospital.

 

But this was this a crucial part. They still couldn't breathe safely for no one knew what was happening inside the emergency room. “Jonghyun-ah...” Yeojin sat beside her husband and rubbed his back. “She'll be fine. I know she'll be fine.” She said, trying to calm herself as well. Yeojin was scared when she saw how Soeun looked a while ago. She saw how badly she was hurt. Thank God Yoogeun was sleeping that moment when Soeun was brought to the hospital so he wasn't able to see his mother in that drastic look.

 

Just then the doctor came out. Jonghyun, Minho, Jinki, Taemin and Kibum gathered, including Yeojin who breathed several times first before going to listen to what the doctor was about to say.

 

We saved her, but she is still unstable.” The doctor announced and they didn't know how to react, whether it's a good thing or not. “The patient has lost a lot of blood and it was hard to get her vitals back to normal especially when the brain almost started losing oxygen, but for now, she's saved, but she is still under strict observation. The next 24 hours will be very crucial for her survival. The only you can do for her right now is to pray.”

 

She's going to continue living, right, doctor?” Kibum in shaky voice asked. He was worried as hell.

 

We will do our best.” The doctor answered. “There's a possibility that it's been about 20-30 minutes after the accident when you saw her. If the help didn't arrive immediately then there will be a very low chance of her to survive. We are thankful enough that she was brought here before it was too late.”

 

Thank you, doctor. Please do everything to save her.”

 

I will. I will certainly do everything. You can see her for a while but please be careful and don't make a lot of noise. Please excuse me.” He nodded before walking away.

 

****

 

I am just going to look afte Yoogeun at home.” Yeojin told Jonghyun but he only responded with a nod. He could barely think of anything else right now.

 

On the other hand, Yeojin wanted to go home not mainly because of Yoogeun. Truth be told, though she didn't like how she was feeling, it didn't make her feel good seeing Jonghyun really concerned and disoriented because of what happened to Soeun.

 

She was thinking he was probably just blaming himself in some way that's why he couldn't stay still. She didn't like to appear bad in the middle of this situation when one was almost losing her life, but Yeojin somehow didn't like the fact that her husband had so much concerned towards the other person.

 

And just because she didn't want to say anything, so she'd rather go home and not see him while he was at that mood.

 

There was only a nod from Jonghyun though she was expecting him to say something else. When she felt that Jonghyun's not gonna say anything else, she silently stood up and walked away.

 

Few minutes later, Minho came out of the ICU. He looked so down and sad, Jinki followed and so as the other two. He didn't went in with the others a while ago because he was not ready to see her yet. He needed a bit more courage to do that.

 

Jonghyun-ah, do you want to see her?” Jinki stood in front of him and patted his back. He lifted up his head and looked at Jinki to which the older smiled, “They said she can hear us. Maybe Soeun was feeling a bit weak right now, you should give her some encouragement, and promise her you're taking care of Yoogeun while she can't.”

 

Jonghyun nodded and stood up while preparing himself to go inside. At this unexpected situation, everybody's point of view about something gets completely different. The unspoken truth hit all of them, but no one bothered opening up about it, for they knew someone was really about to get hurt – so much.

 

Jinki occupied the seat where Jonghyun was sitting just a while ago, he let out a heavy sigh and exchanged gazes with Kibum and Taemin. “I don't think Jonghyun and Yoogeun could take it if we lost her, so I'm keeping all my hopes up for her to stay still.”

 

Jonghyun hyung's face the entire time until now. I am starting to get worried about him as well.” Taemin uttered.

 

I don't know.” Kibum sighed, “But as soon as Soeun gets well, I promise I will let her have whatever that could make her happy. She has all the sufferings already, she doesn't need anymore of it.”

 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun entered the ICU both nervous and scared of what he would see. Soeun in dextrose, with random needles that were insterted into her body. She had an oxygen in , and her chest moved up and down in a slow but big motion, sign that she was having difficulty breathing. There was a huge bandage around her head, and around five plasters on her forehead. The scratches on her arms were visible, and there were also bruises the can be seen.

 

Soeun-ah.. what did you do?” He asked as if Soeun's gonna answer back. He kneeled and tightly clasped his hands on hers, embracing it as if it was his most treasured position. He cried in silent as he couldn't imagine seeing Soeun in this kind of situation.

 

She was healthy, a young woman who smiles a lot and was very cheerful. She was just so happy yesterday, but right now she was helpless, almost dying.

 

Soeun-ah, you can't just leave me like this.” He said, the same thing he told her while they were still in the woods waiting for help. “Soeun-ah, I can't be able to continue if I lost you again, please, get well. You need to be with me.”

 

He gently caressed her cheeks as he planted a kiss on her hand. He was longing for her. He wanted her to be healthy. “We'll fight together, Soeun-ah. I couldn't think of anything else but have you back. We'll talk to Yeojin together. She'll understand. It's going to hurt all of us, but the idea of not being with you anymore scares me a lot. Soeun-ah, please... can you hear me? You need to get better. Yoogeun needs a mother.”

 

He wiped his tears as they fell and though he told himself he's not going to cry in front of her, still he did. He was so scared that she'll leave him. He was too scared not to be with her anymore. At the thought of Soeun leaving, the huge realization knocked welcome on his head. In a swift of seconds, he was sure of how he was feeling, he was certain about the things he wanted to do.

 

And right now, the only think he cares about is her safety. He'll do everything to get her better. Everything.

 

Jung Soeun, I won't leave your side again. Never... so please, wake up.”