Keeping You With Me

Still You

 

A/N: I know you already have the idea, but here let's get a bit clear over some things. :) Won't keep you in the dark anymore. hurhur.


“If you have someone specific in mind, then we'll try our best to get him as the endorser.” Soeun was talking at her client over the phone. As a production manager of an advertising agency, Jung Soeun's task was to make sure everything that is needed to make an effective advertisement for the client is met and accomplished.

 

And as the production manager, she is responsible for making sure that the client's requests are met as accurate as possible. “Who? Lee Onew?” She frowned after hearing the name. “We'll try our best to talk to his management. We'll keep you updated as always.” She said before saying goodbye to her client.

 

The advertising agency she's working at is known to be one of the best agencies who provide good services to their clients. This agency is trusted by a lot of big companies and establishments in South Korea. Clothing brand, Restaurant, Cars, Consumer's Products, name it. Their company can produce a good advertising strategy for it. And they have proven their credibility a lot of times with the rapid increase in sales of the product they have served.

 

She was at the dining table, with her laptop open and all the papers scattered around. Sitting beside her was her four year old son, Yoogeun, who had all his attention into his small piano toy which seemed broken already. “Omma...” He called out and showed her his toy. “It doesn't make a sound.”

 

“Let me look at this.” She put down her phone and took the toy, carefully examining what might have probably gone wrong. “Maybe it just ran out of battery.” She handed it back to Yoogeun and smiled. “Remind omma to buy the batteries once we go for groceries, okay?” The sweet little boy nodded.

 

Then they heard the sound of a car arriving. “Appa!” Yoogeun jumped off his chair leaving his piano toy on the table. “Appa arrived!” He was too excited that he ran towards the front door.

 

It was Minho who just came from his soccer practice. “Ayo, buddy, how are you?!” He shouted lively when Yoogeun just jumped himself into him. Minho chuckled. “I have something for Yoogeunie.” He said and with his gift.

 

“What is that, appa? Can you give it to me now? What's that? What's that?” He kept on peeping at the gift that Minho was trying to hide behind him. “Can I see it now, appa?” He pleaded and tried to get it from but failed.

 

“I'll give this to you for three things.”


“Three things?”

 

“Number one: A hug!” Yoogeun immediately gave Minho a tight and big hug. “Number two: A kiss!” Yoogeun then kissed Minho on his cheek. “Number three..” He paused for a moment and Yoogeun looked at him curiously. “You need to promise me we're going to play soccer tomorrow!”

 

“Assa!!! We will! We will!!!” Yoogeun said with full of excitement. Minho chuckled and eventually handed the gift towards the child.

 

Yoogeun accepted it happily and immediately opened the wrapper. It turned out to be a guitar toy. “Woaahhh!!!” He said as he took it out of the box. “A guitar!! Komawo, appa!” He didn't forget about thanking Minho.

 

“As always.” Minho messed up with the child's hair while chuckling. “Let's go inside. I also brought some food. I brought your favorite...”

 

“Tempura?” Upon thinking of that food, Yoogeun's eyes suddenly sparkled. “Let's go! Let's go!” He pulled Minho's hand and they entered the house not long after.

 

“Omma! Omma!” Yoogeun ran to his mother, “Minho appa bought me a guitar!” He happily showed off his guitar to his mom, strumming on some strings and making some sounds.

 

Meanwhile, Minho went straight to the kitchen to prepare the food he bought. After praising Yoogeun's guitar, Soeun followed him inside.

 

“I hope you start to lessen the habit of buying him this and that.” She said – but not in a mean way. Minho looked at her and only smiled. He was putting the tempura sauce in a small bowl.

 

“I thought we talked about this already.” He said without even looking at her. “Soon, Yoogeun will need a father to guide him and to be his best buddy, and I told you I'm willing to do that. Don't think about being in debt with me. I'm not asking anything in return.”

 

Soeun shook her head, “It's not like that. I just think it won't be fair with you in the future. I mean, time will come that you need to build your own family, marry someone and eventually have a child. If you keep your attention on Yoogeun all the time, then how can you be able to find someone to settle with?”

 

Minho only sighed and went closer to Soeun. He took her hands and held them dearly while looking at her and never letting go. “I have always wanted to stay with you and Yoogeun forever.” He said. “I am very vocal about that since the day you told me you're having him.”

 

Soeun didn't feel comfortable about it, and as much she can, she tried hard to just simply pull her hands without making Minho disappointed. She just walked over towards the bowl Minho left just a while ago and took it. “I'll bring this in the table.” She said.

 

“Soeun-ah.” She stopped when Minho called her – but didn't look back. “I've always been there, and I watched Yoogeun grow. You know I neved asked anything from you in return. I'm doing this because I feel like doing so, but if you give me the chance, then I promise to make the both of you happier.”

 

Minho has been very vocal about his feelings to her ever since she was pregnant to Yoogeun. He stood there and didn't leave her, as he knew Soeun will need someone she can strongly rely on. A friend, maybe even more than that, but since then, it was only what Minho could offer.

 

Jung Soeun grew up almost alone in life. She was 11 years old when her mother passed away because of her illness. Her father then was working on a job that didn't allow him to stay permanent on the same place, causing Soeun to live alone. After 3 years, her father married someone who was living a bit far away in Seoul. Though her father never forgot to send her allowance and payments for her bills, Soeun knew it wouldn't be enough to sustain her daily living, at the age of 15, she started working on a porridge shop as a helper of an old lady who ran the shop alone. It, alone, gave a big help for that woman treated her like a real daughter.

 

It was around 11 pm when Soeun decided to go to the shop and knock – calling out her boss who she knew she could only ran to. She didn't fail, after several knocks, the door opened revealing a white haired old woman which is around 55 years old.

 

So eun-ah... why are you here?” She asked but realized she had been crying for her eyes were swollen. “Wait, what happened to you? Come in. Let's talk.” Seeing Soeun in a not so good condition, the woman, by the name of Park Ah Jung, immediately helped her in. They sat together. There were few minutes of silence, until Soeun decided to talk and reveal what's wrong.

 

You should tell him.” The woman said after a while. “He needs to know. You need to go through this together.”

 

But it's his dream. I heard from his voice how he was very happy to actually get the chance to study abroad. I don't want to take it from him.” She reasoned out between sob.

 

What about you? If you allow him to leave, then what will happen to you? Will you be able to handle the child alone? Come on, Soeun. That Kim Jonghyun has to know.”

 

She still shook her head. “I know very well how he wants that, and now that his dreams are slowly coming into reality, I am in no position to stop him.”

 

You are coz you have his child.”

 

Instead of answering, Soeun only cried. The woman hugged her as a sign of support. “Hush now, Soeunnie... I'm here for you.” She said dearly.

 

She broke it off with Jonghyun without saying anything. 2 weeks later, she heard the news about Jonghyun who already left the country. She cried the whole day after that. Regretting what she did, though she knew it was the best for Jonghyun. She had never heard about him after that.

 

Several months later, while walking with the ahjumma from the market, Soeun and Minho accidentally saw each other. It was then when Minho realized about her pregnancy. She never intended to tell him the truth, but he was so eager to figure it out. In the end, she gave in.

 

So you break up not because you don't want him to leave. You actually did that to make him leave without knowing anything.” Minho sighed and shook his head. “I can't believe you love Jonghyun up to this level. You are so crazy.”

 

But eventually, as one of Jonghyun's close friends, Minho just couldn't stand thinking Soeun was going through it alone. Little by little, he offered help. Soeun tried rejecting his help a lot of times, but gave up because he was too persistent in doing so.

 

From the time Yoogeun was born, right up to this moment, Soeun knew Minho was always there, never leaving her son's side. She couldn't be thankful enough for all the things Minho did, however, she could not go more than being his good friend.


Chapter 6 - Pains of the Past