No Choice

Still You

 

A/N: Did you see another crappy poster up there? LOL. I make poster whenever I am not in the mood of writing but I think of my characters. So yeah, instead of updating, I made it last night. Anyhow, here's chapter 27.

Who is that girl with Jonghyun over there anyways? Is she Yeojin? Or Soeun? Hmm ~


 

“Aigoo~ It's so tiring.” Jonghyun lied beside Yeojin in the bed that night. They just had a very long, tiring, but happy day together with Yoogeun. They played nonstop, went here and there, and ate whatever they wanted.

 

Suddenly, Yoogeun came out of the bathroom running. He jumped into the bed falling in the middle of Yeojin and Jonghyun. His wife chuckled at how naughty and playful the child was. “Aigoo~ Yoogeun-ah.” Yeojin said while laughing. “You smell so nice!” She praised and immediately hugged the child.

 

“Did you wash well, Yoogeunie?” Jonghyun asked to which Yoogeun nodded. “Did you brush your teeth well? Powder? Insect repellant?”

 

“Appa!” Yoogeun shouted, “I did eeevverrrryttthiinnggg!!” He said cutely.

 

Yeojin's phone rang, it was a message from Soeun asking if Yoogeun's giving them a hard time. Yeojin smiled and pressed a reply to Soeun.

 

He is too cute but playful, and he's not giving us a hard time at all. You can sleep well, Soeunnie.”

 

Not long after, another message was received. “I think I'm worried about myself more. It's hard to sleep without Yoogeunie.”

 

Call Minho out so he can sleep with you. Kekekekekekeke.”

 

“Why are you smiling?” Jonghyun asked when he noticed Yeojin's expression. She shook her head and put the phone back to the table.

 

“Just Soeun.” She said and chuckled. “Come on, let's sleep.”

 

“Omma...” Upon hearing Soeun's name, Yoogeun started to feel gloomy and moody. “I want to sleep with omma.” He said.

 

“Aigoo... Omma's not around, Yoogeunie, but appa and auntie are here beside you, and we're going to hug you, too so don't feel sad.” Jonghyun said and immediately hugged Yoogeun to make him feel better.

 

“No, omma~” Yoogeun whispered as he sulked. “Omma....”

 

“Ah. I have an idea.” Jonghyun stood up and took the bottle of perfume Soeun included in Yoogeun's necessities. He sat back down at the bed and put some perfurme on his son's clothes. “Let's see...”

 

“Is this omma's perfume?” Yoogeun asked to which Jonghyun nodded. Yeojin was amused because the child immediately got to recognize his mother's scent. Jonghyun patted Yoogeun's and asked him to lie back again.

 

“Now you can sleep well with omma's scent.” Jonghyun whispered.

 

The three of them started sleeping, but it was only few minutes later when Jonghyun and Yeojin woke up with the sound of Yoogun crying.

 

“O-omma...” Yoogeun sobbed as he hugged a pillow tightly. “O-omma... I want to go to omma...” He cried.

 

“It's okay, Yoogeunie... appa's here.” Jonghyun said but Yoogeun didn't stop. He sobbed a bit louder which caused the two of them to go in panic. It was the first time he saw his son cried, and he didn't know what to do to settle him down. Yeojin couldn't do anything as well because she has never been into taking care of a kid before.

 

“Wait, I'll call Soeun. I hope she's still awake.” Yeojin sat back at the bed and quickly dialled Soeun's number. However, no one answered. “She's probably asleep already.”

 

“Aigoo, Yoogeunie, What to do?” Jonghyun tried settling him down but it still didn't work. He kept on calling his omma and crying out loud.

 

“I want to go home!! Ommaa~~ Ommaa~” He whined and the two were restless about Yoogeun's tantrums. Jonghyun scratched his head. He just couldn't do anything.

 

“I think you should bring him home.” Yeojin suggested. “He won't stop crying until he sees his mother.” Jonghyun frowned but Yeojin insisted, “Come on. Use the car.”

 

“Fine.” Jonghyun stood up and just pulled out a jacket from the closet. He also took Yoogeun's jacket and put it on. “Come on, Yoogeun, let's go to omma.”

 

“Are we going home, appa?” He stopped crying and wiped his tears. Jonghyun nodded and he immediately wrapped his arms on his appa so as to be carried by him.

 

“I'll be back in a bit.” He said and walked out of the room to bring Yoogeun home. He can still hear his son sob, and somehow he felt sorry for not being able to make him feel better. He was blaming himself a little bit because if he only knew how to calm a child, then they won't end up going back to his mother.

 

Jonghyun suddenly realized that indeed, Soeun is very important in his son's life. As much as Soeun's life revolves around Yoogeun. Yoogeun was just the same in return. He couldn't just take him away from his mother because he will never settle down. There were just some things in life that you can never take away from someone because it means a lot for them. And for Yoogeun, it's his mother.

 

He pressed the doorbell and waited until Soeun opens it up. Yoogeun's head was already resting on his shoulder but he wasn't sleeping yet. He can tell from it that Yoogeun is already sleepy.

 

He kept ringing the doorbell until Soeun finally opened up after few minutes. “A-Aigoo~” She was still rubbing her eyes because she had woken up. It was almost 11:30 when Jonghyun arrived with Yoogeun.

 

“Yoogeun-ah.. there's Omma.” Jonghyun whispered and Yoogeun immediately lifted up his head to look at his mother.

 

“Omma~” Not even hesitating, he reached his arms forward asking his omma to take him.

 

“Yoogeunie, you have to stand and walk on your own.” Though the child was sleepy, Jonghyun put him down and made him walk with himself inside. Soeun held take his hand.

 

“Why did you suddenly go home?” She asked looking at Jonghyun who just shrugged and pointed at Yoogeun, who was at that time, had generally lost all his energy and just wanted to sleep.

 

“He couldn't sleep without you and just cried. We figured out it would be better to just take him home to you. I'm sorry. We woke you up in the middle of the night.”

 

“No, I'm sorry, Yoogeun brought you some trouble.” She knelt down and looked at her son. “Yoogeun-ah... Didn't I tell you not to cry in appa's house? We talked about that and you told me you won't cry. Why did you break your promise?”

 

Instead of talking, the boy just hugged his omma and rested his head on her shoulders. “I'm sorry, omma. I missed you.” He said and then she felt him yawning.

 

“Let's let him sleep first, Yoogeun-ah, and maybe talk to him tomorrow.”

 

Soeun agreed, “Thanks for bringing him home. I'm sorry for the trouble again.” She apologized and Jonghyun just nodded. “Dear, say goodbye to appa now. You'll see each other again tomorrow.”

 

However, Yoogeun tightly held into his appa's hand and didn't want to let go. “Sleep with us, appa.” He said to which Jonghyun got into surprise. “Sleep with beside me just like a while ago.” He repeated.

 

“He can't Yoogeunie. Auntie Yeojin's waiting for appa at their home. Let's go. You sleep with omma.”


“Omma, why did I need to sleep with Auntie and Appa? Isn't it supposed to be you and appa? Omma and Appa?” He questioned which caught them off guard and unable to question. “Appa, please... Sleep with us tonight.”

 

“Yoogeunie.... When omma says no, that means no.” Soeun said with authority. Yoogeun looked at her and shook his head.

 

“Omma... I want appa to sleep with us. I want appa.”

 

“Do you want omma to get mad?” She turned serious. Jonghyun suddenly became afraid of her so he interrupted the two's conversation.

 

“Aiggoo~ Aiggoo. It's okay. It's okay. Appa's going to sleep with Yoogeun and Omma tonight.” He gave in and carried the sleepy Yoogeun. “Come on in.” He went ahead the room leaving Soeun speechless and unable to react properly.  


Chapter 29 - The Three Of Us