How About Her?

Still You

“With regular diet and continuous intake of medicine, hopefully you can start ovulating well again.” The doctor smiled as she gave Yeojin the examination results and the prescription for her to get better. “Once a day for three months, and then you come here again and let's see if there are any changes, though I sure there will.”

 

“Thank You, doctor.” Yeojin stood up and shook her head while bowing politely. “I will do as you say and really take care of my health.” She smiled and the doctor nodded.

 

“Healthy diet is important. Take your medicine regularly, and lastly, as much as possible... don't stress yourself out. It helps a lot in maintining a good reproduction cycle when a woman is happy enough and not stressed. You should come here with your husband so he can understand your situation as well.”

 

She wanted to avoid that topic. Jonghyun was not even aware about her ovulation problem, and she didn't want him to know. First, she didn't want him to get worried and second, she didn't want him be disappointed that there could be a chance of her not getting pregnant at all. “I'll go ahead, doctor. See you soon.” She said before leaving.

 

As she walked outside the clinic, she looked at her phone again, thinking a message was finally sent by Jonghyun. Unfortunately, there was none. It has been two days since they last saw each other, and the last thing he said was about him going to Busan to talk to Soeun and eventually get the two of them back with him in Seoul.

 

He also told her on that message that he'll call or text her when he found the location where the two were staying, but since then, nothing was sent yet. She kept on looking at her phone from time to time but there was never a single text. She wanted to call him herself, but something's telling her to just wait for his call.

 

Until last night, she couldn't take it anymore. She dialled Jonghyun's number, however, it was out of reach. The operator said she was calling a number that couldn't be reached at the moment. She sighed, wondering what's happening. She was bothered, not because of his safety, but because of something else.

 

There was this so called “woman instinct”, when a woman can feel that something's going on just because her heartbeats tell her so. It was weird and unexplainable as to how women have such kind of ability, but as they say, always trust “woman instinct” coz there is a very high chance of it to be true and real.

 

Standing outside the clinic, Yeojin thought she should see someone she could talk to. She thought for a while, until one person came into her mind... Jinki ssi.

 

***

 

“Yes?” Jinki answered the phone while rehearsing for a song he's going to sing on a TV appearance the next day. “Yeojin ssi.”

 

“Jinki oppa...” It was even rare for Yeojin to call him that, but Jinki suddenly felt the need to accompany Yeojin or help her for something. “I'm sorry, but are you busy?”

 

He looked at the music piece that he was holding, “I am rehearsing for a song right now...” Jinki told her honestly, “But if you have something to tell me then I can put this aside for later.”

 

“Oh. I'm sorry. Can I just go to there so you won't have to leave the company?” She asked, kind of hesitant that Jinki will say yes, however, he agreed and told her he'll wait for her. “Oh. Thank you very much! I'll be there in few minutes!” She said and quickly ended the call.

 

Jinki frowned after the conversation with Yeojin. She must be very worried and concerned about Jonghyun's whereabouts, but he couldn't ask her about how she was doing, coz obviously, Yeojin was trying to appear bright over the phone.

 

“Kibum-ah.” Jinki called Kibum up right after talking to Soeun. “Did he call you up? Jonghyunni?”

 

“Not yet. I don't know. I tried calling him since last night but he never answered. Phone must be off.” He told him. “What's the plan now? Don't tell me we're going to follow him to Busan.”

 

“Yeojin wants to talk to me.” Jinki said. “I don't know the reason why she wants to, but she's going here at the company to see me. I think she's starting to get depressed now.” There was an obvious concern on his voice. “I'm worried.”

 

“That Jonghyun got into an accident and died?”

 

“Pabo. It's not like that.” Jinki let out a loud 'tsk' before continuing. “I'm getting suspicious. Jonghyun was certain where to find Soeun. I think he got there that same night when he flew to Busan.”

 

“And you're worried for what?”

 

“I can't really explain. What if Jonghyun and Soeun reconciled?”

 

“Then that's better.” Key said and nodded to himself. “Isn't that the reason why Jonghyun flew to Busan? To reconcile with Soeun and get them back here in Seoul? What's there to be worried about?”

 

“Can't you understand clearly, Kibum ah?” Jinki was starting to get really irritated by the way Kibum thinks lightly over things. “Jung Soeun and Kim Jonghyun, together with their son Jung Yoogeun, away from us. From Choi Minho, and from Ahn Yeojin. What do you think will happen?”

 

There was a long silence, finally, Kibum was getting what he was trying to say. After about few seconds, Kibum talked, “Well... I don't know what to do about that, either.” He said giving up. “I mean... they are old enough to decide for themselves. Whether it's right or wrong for other people, still it's going to be their decision.”

 

Yes, he has a point, and Jinki thinks he is right as well, “But how about the people they could possibly hurt?” Jinki answered.

 

“Whoever Jonghyun choose to end up with, someone will surely get hurt.” Kibum shook his head and chuckled. “Aigoo ~ That handsome guy, Kim Jonghyun. His big problem is to choose between two women who love him. That is such a pleasurable problem.”

 

“Don't joke around, Kibum-ah.. Okay, I'm hanging up.” He said and ended the call. Jinki shook himself, “While I, on the other hand, couldn't even date someone.. Ai, life.. why so unfair?” He rested his head on his seat and thought for a while.

 

*** ***

 

“I'm sorry I really disturbed.” Yeojin let out a soft chuckle, “I just thought maybe I need someone to talk to. It was weird but I thought of Onew oppa. I could've just called Kibummie, but for sure he'll just say something like I should stop thinking about it and I'll just end up wearing clothes that he designed in his studio.”

 

Jinki smiled, and knew Kibum really has the tendency to do that, knowing Yeojin was a close friend to him and she happened to be a model. “I will be straightforward, okay?” Jinki looked at her and she nodded, “Though I don't know how you are feeling right now, I still understand you.”

 

She sighed, “For once, I want to regret being so favourable of the situation. Don't tell it to Jonghyun, but I'm starting to get really jealous of Yoogeun and Soeun.”

 

Jinki wanted to praise her for using words really well. One thing Jinki likes about Yeojin is that she really is cautious and calm about everything. He likes how she seems to handle everything really well. She was telling her honest feeling about the situation, but she never sounded so offended and hurt from the way she talked.


Yeojin looked around the studio. That was the same room Jonghyun occupies during work. That's where he creates music, and arrange them on his technical booth. Yeojin noticed that it was open, probably because Jinki was using the sound system for his practice.

 

“Are these songs by Jonghyun?” Yeojin pulled a chair in front of the monitor and looked at the list of songs that were on the player.

 

“They are demos.” Jinki explained and pulled his own chair towards her. “We use his own voice on record as a guide on how we sing a certain music.”

 

“Ah.. I see. Oh. Look. This is the recent one.” Yeojin said, and before Jinki could even protest, the song started playing and Jonghyun's voice started to surround the whole room.

 

Are these only my memories?
Meeting you it was like a scene from a movie
Why won’t my thoughts leave me alone?
Am I the only one in pain?
I don’t know why, I can’t move on
I feel like you will come back
Maybe you are regretting it now?
I still can’t leave from this spot

 < SHINee - Last Gift >

 

Jinki couldn't do anything, for as he looked at Yeojin, he witnessed how her tears started flowing.


Chapter 45 - It Hurts, but I can Endure

To understand more about Yeojin's feelings.. just listen to SHINee - Last Gift while reading the English sub, just click the that colored title above so you can know better... and cry with her. >.<