What can Make You Feel Better?

Still You

Yeojin placed a coffee on the table beside the bed as Jonghyun looked so bothered and unamused. She stayed quiet and looked at Jonghyun while he tried calling Soeun's phone. “She seriously planned this.” He tossed his phone and it bounced to the bed. Yeojin shook her head and took the coffee again to give it to him.

 

“Calm down, Jonghyunniee. You're anger won't solve anything.” She said as she tried talking as soft as possible. “Like what Taemin ssi said a while ago, maybe Soeun wanted to think about some things.”

 

“What should she think about? If she didn't like the idea then she must have said no. Why did she have to run away again and take Yoogeun away from me? Wasn't it so clear between all of us before? Why is she acting this way?”

 

Yeojin let a sigh and shook her head. “You should rest for now. Take a sleep.”

 

Jonghyun and her exchanged gazes. She was almost surprised at the despair that was shown on his expression. He looked like he was lost. He looked like he badly wanted to do something, but couldn't do it since a lot of people around him is stopping him. She placed her hands on his thigh and rubbed it gently – trying to make him feel a bit chilled and relaxed.

 

“I'm sorry, Yeojin. I shouldn't be like this. You shouldn't see me being like this because of a child I had with someone else.” For once, he admitted to himself that he was really giving Yeojin a hard time, especially when she had to console him from the problems he's encountering because of his child.

 

“I'm not complaining.” Yeojin answered. “You know I'm just over here beside you, and I'm willing to support anything that you would wish to do as long as I know it's the right thing and that it can make you happy.” Jonghyun looked away after sighing – as if he was thinking about something deep. “Do you really want to find them?” She asked.

 

“Maybe Taemin was right.” He answered.

 

“But maybe that's not what you really want.” Yeojin reached for her husband's cheek and rubbed it. “Come on, Jonghyunnie. Just tell me. I know how you love your son. I can't really do anything if you want to find them. If you're thinking about me, then... don't be.”

 

Jonghyun looked at her and smiled. “Thank You. You always understand me.”

 

“But don't ever tire yourself, okay?”

 

She knew it would be more complicated for their marriage if she allows him to find the two, but Yeojin thought that she would rather let him do what he wants, than see him trying so hard to act like he's fine when it's not like that in reality.

 

*** ***

 

“Jonghyun-ah!” Jinki shouted when he saw Jonghyun walking a bit fast along the hall way. He seemed to be in a hurry so Jinki had to run in order to reach him. Jonghyun looked back but didn't stop walking. “Yah! Jonghyun-ah! Where are you going?” He asked placing his hand on his shoulder.

 

“I'm going to Soeun's office. She might be there. It's quite difficult to leave her work just like that, right? And besides, she's working on a lot of projects. For sure, it won't be easy for her to leave.”

 

“Do you want me to go with you?” Jinki suggested but Jonghyun said he was fine alone. “Okay, then if you need some help, just call me.”

 

“I will. Thank you.”

 

“But don't cause any trouble, okay? If you see Soeun then just talk to her calmly.” Jinki didn't forget to remind him again and Jonghyun sighed and nodded.

 

“I am not gonna make a scene, hyung. I don't know why you are thinking such thing.” He shook his head and continued walking completely leaving Jinki worried and curious about what's going to happen.

 

Few minutes later, Jonghyun arrived at the company she was working at. He went to the reception area to ask about Jung So Eun.

 

“Please wait for a bit, sir, I am going to call her office.” The lady said and quickly made a phone call to her secretary. She talked to her for about a minute before hanging up to talk to him again. “I'm sorry sir but she said Ms. Jung isn't at her office right now. She just filed an immediate leave yesterday afternoon and won't be around for one month.”

 

“Leave for a month?” Jonghyun's eyes grew bigger and the lady got a shock. “Are you sure she'll be out for a month.”

 

“Yes – sir.” She said bulking up a bit. “If you have some business with her office, you can still fo to her secretary because she will handle every work that is left right now.”

 

“Can I go to the secretary?”

 

“Yes sir.” Jonghyun greeted again before leaving the reception area to take the elevator. They told him what floor it was so he quickly went to head in there.

 

“Excuse me. Manager Jung's secretary?” He said as soon as he reached the room he was being directed to. The lady nodded and asked him to sit down.

 

“Good morning, sir. Is there something I could help you with?” She said while still smiling though she already felt a bit weird about Jonghyun's presence.

 

“Do you know where she went?” He asked without even introducing himself. “She wasn't answering her calls. I'm sorry but I really need to know where she went.”

 

The secretary frowned. “I'm sorry but we are not disclosing any personal information here.” She said and looked at him. “Manager Jung filed a leave of absence that is effective for one month. Right now, I don't think you can arrange a meeting with her through business.”

 

“I am Kim Jonghyun. The father of her son. I need to see my son.” He said strongly which surprised the secretary. “Please, just give any information that could help me find them.”

 

“I'm sorry, sir.” She said. “But as much as I want to help you right now, I'm afraid I'll fail you. Manager Jung hasn't said anything about where they are going. I'm still waiting for her call.” The secretary said with an apologetic look on her face.

 

Jonghyun, though disappointed, still handed her his contact number. “Here's my phone number. Please just call me if ever she contacts you. I just need to see her.”

 

“I will.” She accepted the card and smiled warmly towards him. Jonghyun then stood up and greeted again before leaving. He walked away disappointed and still bothered. He had no idea how to find Soeun and Yoogeun, but he was still eager to do anything just to get to them and talk to Soeun about it.

 

Meanwhile, the secretary took her phone as soon as she was sure about Jonghyun's absence. It didn't take too long before the person on the other line answered. “Manager, you were right. He just went here.” She said.

 

“Really? What did you tell him?”

 

“I told him you haven't said anything about your whereabouts and that I'm still waiting for your call. He gave me his number and told me I should call him if I ever get the information on where you are right now.”

 

“I see. Thanks. I knew he would be there so thanks for helping.” It was Soeun as she thoughtfully briefed her secretary about what to do if ever Kim Jonghyun arrives and looks for her.

 

“But manager, he is so handsome.” The assistant even had time to spazz over Jonghyun and Soeun even heard her squeal. “I'm sorry but Yoogeunnie really inherited well. Anyways, where are you now?”

 

“Busan.” She answered back. They left early that morning and stayed on the office to fix her papers for her leave. After the immediate leave was approved, Soeun and Yoogeun went somewhere else before leaving to Busan.

 

“Busan is so far. Aigoo~ They won't really find you.” The assistant said. “How did you get there?”

 

“I seek help from someone. We are currently at someone's pension here in Busan and I think we'll stay here for the time being. Please, don't tell this to anybody else, okay? Even Minho doesn't know about this. I'm trusting you.”

 

“Of course, manager.”

 

“I won't be using my old number anymore so if you need anything, just call me here, okay? If he comes back, tell him you never heard anything from me since the day I left.” She said and immediately ended the phone call.


Chapter 39 - How Far?

 

Yes, Apparently.. someone's helping Soeun out. Who could it be? Guess who. XD