It Was An Advantage

Still You

A/N: Yes.. following it up immediately! :))


“I thought you're going to her room?” Yeojin asked when she met Jonghyun who just came out of Soeun's room. “Aren't we going to discharge her today?” She asked.

 

“She's still laughing with the doctor.” He said simply without any other expression on his face. “Do you want something? I'll just get some food at the cafeteria.” He said and walked straight ahead.

 

Yeojin followed him with her gaze. He was fine when they seperated a while ago before leaving to check Soeun in her room. She guessed he had a peak inside, and was confused as to why Jonghyun suddenly changed mood the moment he left the room. He even wanted to eat at the cafeteria when he never did that since Soeun was hospitalized. It had been the usual thing for Yeojin to get the food for him instead of having it the other way around.

 

She frowned but decided to enter Soeun's room for a while. She would ask her if she's ready to be discharged so they could start fixing her clearance before going. As she was about to twist open the knob, she heard the doctor's voice closer to the exit.

 

But seriously, one day, you should just be true to yourself. I know you can get over him. Yes, it's been years, but probably the reason why you can't move on is because you haven't find the right person to be in his place. Who knows maybe I could even help you with that?”

 

She frowned at those words and paused for a while until the doctor almost shocked her when he opened the door himself.

 

“Aigoo.” The doctor held his chest funnily when he found out Yeojin standing outside. “What are you doing here? Why don't you enter the room?” He asked.

 

Yeojin didn't answer but just stared at him who was obviously a lot taller than her. The doctor felt awkward and thought that she might have heard some of the things they talked about. “Please excuse me.” He said, bowed a bit and started walking away.

 

“Doctor Park.” She called out and the doctor paused and looked back at her – wondering if she would ask him something about what she heard from their conversation.

 

“Yes?” Though he was a bit nervous, he still tried approaching her with a smile on his face.

 

Yeojin took a deep breath before talking again. “I just want to thank you for ensuring Soeun's safety. It was a big help to all of us, especially to her.” She said and smiled slightly.

 

The doctor eventually nodded and smiled before he continued walking. Still frowning, Yeojin entered the room and found Soeun fixing her things.


“Let someone else do that.” She said and took the bag away from her. “You should have a bit more rest before we go later.” She was bothered by something, but was trying to keep shut.

 

“I'm okay.” Soeun said but eventually sat back to her bed. “I gained enough strength already. Where's Yoogeun?”

 

“He's at home and still asleep, but later he'll be here to pick you up as well.” She smiled at her genuinely. “Ah... Soeunie..”

 

“Deh?”

 

“That doctor...” Yeojin was hesitant to ask her about something. She knew that right now, Soeun was thinking they aren't that close, so it was kind of awkward to ask her about that. “...is he..”

 

“What?”

 

“I heard your conversation before I came in.” She admitted, to which Soeun immediately responded with a surprised and panic expression on her face – as if she was caught by someone doing something illegal. “And... I have the feeling that the doctor was trying to hook you up.”

 

“Th... that's what you heard?” She asked worriedly.

 

“Well, I'm sorry.. I just... do you like the doctor?”

 

She sighed in relief when she realized that Yeojin didn't figure out anything. She shrugged her shoulders and smiled gently. “He seems fine, and he helped me a lot all these time.. so I guess he's okay.” And then she let out a soft chuckle and looked at Yeojin, “But I don't think he's interested with me. That's just quite impossible.”

 

“It isn't.” Yeojin replied. “You're beautiful. Intelligent. And above all, a good person. Every guy would absolutely just fall for how lovely you are...” She said and on the back of my mind she whispered, “...yes, every guy would really would.” She sighed and smiled bitterly instead. Now she understood why Jonghyun went out of the room with a displeased expression. It was because he was jealous.

 

Soeun watched as Yeojin occupied the space next to her. She looked at her – waiting for Yeojin to talk. “Did he tell you about you case?” She asked but Soeun shook her head. “Obviously, because the doctor told us not to pressure you...”

 

“Pressure me?”

 

“Aren't you curious of who we really are? I mean... me and Jonghyun ssi?” She asked as she looked straightly into her eyes with a friendly feel. “Aren't you confused that we're always here and we looked as close to you as the other guys? Don't you wanna know why you suddenly seem to forget who we really are? Don't you think maybe I'm your bestfriend?”

 

Soeun smiled and eventually nodded. “He told me about my case, and said I shouldn't worry so much about it. He explained that I went under traumatic experience, and if I try so hard to remember the things that I forgot... then there's huge chance that I'll be under stress.” Soeun then slowly placed her hand on Yeojin's and held it tightly. “I'm sorry if I don't even try remembering what I forgot... I'm just afraid.”

 

“Afraid of?” Yeojin frowned.

 

“I was able to survive after an almost death. I want to make it up for my son for making him worry so much. I need to gain back my health, as if nothing happened. The doctor said thinking too much will put me into stress. I might probably start remembering about us soon, but right now... all I want is to get well and be okay again.”

 

Yeojin smiled and nodded wholeheartedly, placing her other hand on top of Soeun's hand this time. “You don't have to worry so much about that. Healing will definitely take time, but we're just waiting.. and we're going to support you to the fullest.” They smiled to each other and chuckled together. Yeojin then patted Soeun's legs and stood back up. “I'll just call out the other guys so we could prepare, okay? Rest for a while and don't move around so much.”

 

“Yeojin-ssi.” Soeun called out before Yeojin could even leave the room.

 

“Want me to get something?” She asked to which Soeun shook her head. “Then?”

 

“Can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure. Anything you want to know.”

 

“Uhmm... the doctor told me you guys think I changed a lot after getting better from the accident.”

 

Yeojin thought for a while and nodded, “Well, yeah...”

 

“Then... what change is it exactly? And.. how was I before?” She asked looking so uncertain about what she was talking about.

 

“Well...” Yeojin thought for a while, sorting out the things that she could and could not say to her at that moment. Eventually, she smiled, and looked at Soeun before answering. “Actually, it was the other guys who notice the difference.”

 

“It was them?”

 

“Yes. That was because I was never with you during your highschool years.” Yeojin explained. “Basically they say you changed in a way that you went back to being your highschool self. I don't know what exactly they mean about that but... as I can see, from how I came to know you before the accident, you looked brighter than before.”

 

“I am?”

 

“Yeah. Nowadays, you smile even brighter, laugh like it was the easiest thing to do, and look at us with that serene and genuine eyes of yours. You went under a huge trauma and came back from a very stressfull situation, Jinki ssi said that maybe the reason why you appear so lovely is because your mind forgot about those pain that you felt... and that's maybe why the doctors don't want to rush you in remembering the entire thing.”

 

Soeun then noticed Yeojin's expression starting to get a bit gloomy. “You know what? I kinda feel envious of you. At this moment, forgetting about the past is clearly into your advantage.” She said and after few seconds, immediately smiled. “Alright. Enough with that. See you later!”


PS: I have 4 days off from school including this day, so expect a lot of updates for the next 3 more days. Go give me your lovely comments! I'm waitng for them! :D