There's What We Call Reality

Still You

Yeojin woke up on an unfamiliar room. She flinched and immediately sat down estimating the place. That wasn't their room, and she was sure that wasn't their unit. She was in some other place, but where?

 

Massaging her temples, she suddenly started recalling what happened last night. “Oh God...” She covered her face with her hands as soon as she remembered how she went so loud inside the eatery and just messed up outside just before she went home. She shook herself and was embarrassed of herself. That same moment she promised not to drink again.

 

There as a couple of knocks at the door. She only looked at it and didn't answer. She was embarrassed and ashamed to face Minho. She knew she had caused him a lot of trouble last night. After about 3 seconds, the knob twisted and someone slowly opened the door revealing a woman on a yellow duster with a tray on her hands. She was smiling dearly. “Good morning, lovely.”

 

“Good morning.” She smiled though she was still feeling embarrassed. For sure this woman saw how messed up she was last night. “I'm sorry I...”

 

“Don't mention it.” She said and placed a tray on the table beside the bed. She reached for her forehead to feel it. “You had a fever last night when Minho brought you here, but I think you're better now.”

 

“Thank You.”

 

“I'm just here to check on you and to give you your breakfast. I know it will be abit awkward for you to eat with the people you don't know. It's okay. I understand.” She smiled dearly, “By the way, I'm Choi Sanhee, Minho's mother, but you can just call me auntie. That would be better.”

 

She just smiled and nodded, but find it a bit touching and overwhelming when this woman obviously welcomed her whole heartedly. “I'm sorry, but I heard what happened from Minho. He's not really the type to spread around stories of other people, but I'm the type to always ask about someone I feel worried about. He brought you here last night almost unconscious, but you constantly spoke as I changed your clothes saying how bad you feel and that you don't want to feel it anymore.”

 

She bowed her head and nodded while smiling bitterly.

 

“I might not be in the position to say this but I just want to tell you that a person could only take a certain amount of hurt.” Yeojin looked at her. “You have gone so much in tolerating the pain and I'm glad you were able to hold on until now. I see how determined you are to stay with him and to never let go. I hope everything will be settled soon, and you'll be happy, but my dear... I hope you won't hurt yourself too much that you end up forgetting about being happy. Don't push yourself too much. If you know you've had enough then it's not a wrong thing to let go.”

 

She choke, and started crying. Minho's mother saw it and quickly held her hand. Yeojin cried in front of her, like a little girl who couldn't do anything but cry over some things that make her confused and stressed. “Come here.” The mother pulled her on her arms and rubbed her back as she cried.

 

She let out all the hurt that she was feeling at the moment, with the thought that she needed to be stronger after this.

 

After wiping her tears away few minutes later, she thanked the mother for being there. They talked for few more minutes and she ate the breakfast she gave her. Yeojin then asked if Minho was still at home.

 

“Yes. He doesn't normally sleep here but last night, he did, saying you might need a company once you leave the house.” She said still smiling. “This is his room by the way.”

 

She looked around and just noticed that the room was clean and everything was in order. It wasn't like any typical guy's room that was messy and in such disorder. “If just in case... you can have my son.” Yeojin looked at the woman in surprise. She didn't know how to answer her. “I was just joking!” The woman then retreated and laughed. She just laughed along.

 

- -

 

“Minho-ssi.” Yeojin called and Minho looked at her. He was sitting at the couch on the living area while doing something on his phone. She decided to sit on the single couch that was just beside the couch he was sittting in. “Thank You, and I'm sorry.”

 

“It was something any friend would do.” He smiled and nodded. “Are you feeling well? Did my mom talk to you? I'm sorry, I wasn't supposed to tell her but-”

 

“It's okay. I appreaciate her. She helped a lot. You have such a wonderful mother.”

 

Minho nodded and turned serious again. “Do you want to go there?”

 

“Go where?”

 

“To Busan. To where Jonghyun migh probably be right now.”

 

She was speechless and couldn't answer right away. Yes, she wanted to see him, but she was afraid of what she could see once she went with Busan. She wanted to know how's Jonghyun, but she was afraid to be slapped by the truth. The truth that she really didn't want to face.

 

“You're scared?” Minho asked and she nodded. “We're going with Jinki hyung, Kibum, and Taemin. You have us on your back. Don't need to get worried.” He assured, but she was still wavering.

 

“Do I still need to be there?” She asked him.

 

“It's up to you.” Minho shrugged his shoulders. “But you are the wife. You have the most right to go there and see him.”

 

“I don't want to make a scene.”

 

“We are not going to make a scene.” He looked at him seriously. “The other one involved is Soeun. Of course, I won't allow such thing to happen.”

 

She shook her head and smiled slightly, “You are not supposed to be doing this. You were clearly the one who wanted this to happen.”

 

“I'm sorry.” Minho said and sighed. “Please stop making me regret what I did, and next time, don't ever come whining to me about how hurt you feel.” Yeojin looked at him. They stared for quite few more minutes before he gave in, “Okay fine. Once in a while you can still go to me.”

 

“Thank You.” She said sincerely. “I just had an unexpected friend because of what happened. Thanks for last night and for today.”

 

“Whatever, just change your clothes and let's go to the others so we could fly to Busan.” He said and stood up.

 

“How are we going to get there? We were not even sure of the place. All we know is Busan. It's such as big part of the country.”

 

“Jinki hyung has his means to do it. He already has the complete location.” He told her.

 

She was afraid. She really didn't know if she could handle it or not. What will she do if she saw something that could just hurt her again? What if... there are lots of what ifs on her head.

 

Kibum sat beside Yeojin on the plane towards Busan. There was no turning back. She was really flying with them to that place.

 

“Are you okay?” Kibum asked but regretted it immediately for he asked such a dumb question. Who would feel okay if you're about to go to your husband who was possibly cheating behind your back? “Yeojin-ah.. don't worry, we'll support you.”

 

“I know I shouldn't be afraid but I can't help it. Soeun ran away to fix everything, but what she did only worsen things. However, I still couldn't blame her. She had her clean intention of going away. It's just that, Jonghyun couldn't stand not seeing his son so he went to find them.”

 

They still needed to drive for some minutes before finally reaching the destination. As she felt closer to the location, Yeojin couldn't stop the abnormal beating of her heart. She was too nervous and started to fidget. She wanted to run. She wanted to discontinue going there. She didn't want to be there anymore.

 

“I think this is the place.” Jinki said and stopped at a traditional Korean house. “This might be it. This is the same as what is written on the gate.”

 

Minho, Taemin, and Key looked at Yeojin, while she stayed still on her seat.

 

“Let's go?” Minho asked Yeojin.

 

“Can I... Can I just stay here and wait for you to come back?” She said in her shaky voice. The four guys frowned but she plead. “Please. I'll just stay here.”

 

They eventually agreed and got off the car one by one. “Yeojin-ah, I'll get you later okay? Please don't worry.” Kibum said before leaving with the others to the house.


Chapter 49 - Damaged and Broken

 

So I was about to continue writing onwards, but then brother asked me to go with him to somewhere so I can really write for the next chapter.. See you after more hours. LOL But I know you are looking forward to the next chapter