Reality He Never Expected

Still You

 

 A/N: Post it so late tofay coz I kept on doing random things. I'm sorry ~ /Pouts/ By the way, yes. This is it.


 

“Are you gonna bring him home or someone will pick him up?” Jinki asked while they were inside the cafeteria having some snacks together. It was almost 7 pm.

 

“I'll bring him home.” Jonghyun answered and noticed Yoogeun suddenly yawned. “Aigoo~ Our Yoogeunnie is tired already.”

 

Yoogeun immediately closed his mouth and shook his head as he smiled. “Are we going to do something else after this, uncle?” He asked but unfortunately, Jonghyun told him they should go home after this because he promised his omma to bring him home before 8 pm. “But we are going to do this again, right?” Jonghyun nodded and even made a pinky promise with him.

 

Jinki chuckled. “Doesn't it feel weird that you're actually taking care of your ex and your bestfriend's son?” He whispered but Jonghyun threw him an unamused look.

 

“It's not like I need to include Yoogeun with whatever we had in the past, and besides, Soeun and I talked about this, and we're both willing to be friends again.”

 

Jinki nodded though it's obvious he wasn't believing in him that much. “Fine. Whatever you say, I guess I'll just believe.” Jinki uttered and stood up, patting Jonghyun's shoulders. “I have schedule at 9 so I'll go ahead.” He went to Yoogeun and kissed the boy's hair. “See you around, Yoogeunie. Take care and tell Uncle Minho I said hi.”

 

“Uncle?” Jonghyun looked at Jinki weirdly.

 

“I mean Appa.” That's all and Jinki started walking out of the cafeteria. Few minutes later, Jonghyun decided to drop Yoogeun home before heading to his own.

 

“Do you want to hear Jung Yoogeun's version of Honesty?” Jonghyun asked to which Yoogeun immediately nodded with excitement. Jonghyun then took out his phone and scrolled for Jonghyun's version that he saved on his phone after editing. “Here. Found it.” Inserting both earphones on Yoogeun's ears, Jonghyun gave the phone for Yoogeun to hold while he drove.

 

He took few constant glances over Yoogeun ontly to witness how he smiled over hearing his own voice. Jonghyun was happy enough to see that contentment on his face. After listening to the song, Yoogeun removed one earphones and looked at his uncle, “Uncle, do you sing, too?”

 

“Yes.” Jonghyun replied. “The next song is me singing.” Yoogeun then pressed the next button to hear his voice.

 

“Uncle sings beautifully.” Yoogeun praised while listening to it. Jonghyun smiled and continued driving.

 

“What are you listening now Yoo-” He stopped when he realized Yoogeun was already sleeping beside him. He fixed Yoogeun's head as he was worried he might hurt his neck later on.

 

**** *** ****

 

Minho arrived at Soeun's house that night. He brought some food with him but was disappointed to learn that Yoogeun wasn't at home.
 

“Soeun-ah?” Minho entered the house as the door was left unlocked. “Yoogeunie?” However, only Soeun appeared coming from the kitchen. She was still wearing her apron and wiping her hands with the towel. “Oh. Hi. Where's Yoogeun?” Minho asked upon seeing her.

 

“He's with Jonghyun.” She looked at Minho – trying to see what his next reaction would be.

 

“With whom? Jonghyun?” Soeun nodded. “Why? Did you tell him already?”

 

She shook her head, “We saw each other at the company today. He asked me to have some coffee with him and I didn't see anything wrong with that so.. I just said yes. He said he became so fond of Yoogeun and wants to be close to him since Yoogeunnie's fond of music as well.”

 

“You just agreed without being worried that Jonghyun might just figure out the truth?”

 

“Of course, I'm worried.” Soeun answered, “But after all the things you said before, I realized I can't take away Jonghyun's right over Yoogeun. In this way, I think I can share Yoogeun with him without Jonghyun knowing anything. This is better than not giving them any time together, right?”

 

“If you're not going to tell them the truth anyways, then you're just making it both complicated for Jonghyun and Yoogeun.” Minho told her seriously. “Why are you so afraid to tell Jonghyun the truth? It's gonna happen soon anyways.”

 

“It's not gonna happen.” Soeun insisted in a serious face.


“It's going to happen soon.” Minho said – fighting back. “Jonghyun is not as stupid as you think. Soon enough, he will be aware of his blood that is running through Yoogeun's veins. He will be curious, and will know the truth by himself.” Soeun only shook her head. She couldn't say anything more for slowly, Minho's making her scared. “If you want to give Jonghyun a chance to be with his son, then might as well tell him the truth, and also, give Yoogeun a chance to meet his father, and know what it feels like to have the real one.”

 

“Minho yah.. I thought we already talked about this. You understand me, right? When are you going to start fighting over this matter? Can't you just respect my decision.” She said sounding a bit helpless and weak.

 

“I understand you clearly and I know where you are coming from, but I hope you also get to my point.” Minho sighed – quite hesitant at first, but decided to continue. “Jinki hyung, Kibum and Taemin already know.” He told him which made Soeun's eyes dilated in shock. “It's started when Kibum went to my practice and eventually learned from my team mates that I'm not married, then Jinki hyung learned abou the possibility of Yoogeun being Jonghyun's son because of his birthday.”

 

Soeun shook her head for few times. She didn't know what to do – and didn't know what to react. “No. That can't be.” She paused for a while. “Oh my God... Jonghyun was probably aware about it already and he's going to get Yoogeun away from me. This can't be. No way. I'm going to take Yoogeun from him.” Soeun, in panic, immediately removed the apron from her waist and went towards the door.

 

She went to the slightly opened door and pulled the knob, only to be surprised seeing Jonghyun standing there with his frozen expression. He was carrying Yoogeun in his arm as the boy fell asleep during the trip.

 

“Jo-jonghyun-ah.” Soeun uttered which came out as just a whisper. Based from his expression, she knew he heard all the things Minho and she talked about just few seconds ago.

 

Jonghyun didn't say anything. He carefully just gave the sleeping Yoogeun to his mom and started walking away. Soeun was left there confused and puzzled as to why he didn't give any reaction – tho she was certain he knew about it already.

 

“Jonghyun hyung!” Minho went pass through Soeun and followed Jonghyun who was on his way to his car already. “Minho hyung wait, I know you a-”

 

He was interrupted when Jonghyun's fist landed heavily on his left cheek. He fell on his and immediately held his face. He looked up only to find that burning expression on Jonghyun's eyes.

 

“Since when did you know about Yoogeun being mine?” He asked angrily. Minho didn't talk. “SINCE WHEN?!!!!!” He shouted as he suddenly burst out.

 

“Since she was still pregnant.” Minho admitted – still rubbing the part where Jonghyun hit him.

 

“AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY A SINGLE TO ME?!! WHAT KIND OF FRIEND ARE YOU?!!!” He shouted across the parking area.

 

“Hyung, I.. I...”

 

“You made me look so stupid.” Jonghyun said in a low tone, and started walking away. Minho didn't dare following him again, as he knew Jonghyun was very mad about what he just figure out.

 

Jonghyun stopped as he sat on his seat. He tried to calm down, and think things over. He heard everything, starting from how Soeun wanted to give them chance to be together, and even on the part where Soeun insisted that she didn't want to Jonghyun to learn about it.

 

He hated that he looked so stupid – and that he wasn't aware that all these years, he had unconsciously abandoned a precious responsibility that was supposed to be shouldered upon him. He hated that he was ignorant all these years – not knowing a single thing about his son.

 

And he couldn't understand why Soeun had to hide it from him – and why she had to break up when she knew she was pregnant with his child. He was angry, confused, regretful and suddenly restless. This is more than how he felt when Soeun broke up with him that night before he left to States.

 

… and yes, maybe, it will be the worst feeling he could ever feel in his life. And he needed someone to talk with it.  


Chapter 17 - Pondering Things Over