Figuring Something Out

Still You

 

A/N: Here's another  update for you all coz I'm in the mood for writing. HEHE ~ Hopefully I can post another chapter again after a while. Do comment, okay?!!! XD

 


 

Jinki, Kibum and Taemin were still in Jinki's apartment when someone called Kibum. He looked into the screen and was surprised to learn about the incoming call. “It's Minho.” He announced and looked at the other guys.

 

“Answer it.” Jinki told Kibum and he followed. The other two remained silent as Kibum put the phone into speaker.

 

“Deh, Minho-yah?” Kibum answered.

 

“I'll do it.” Minho said over the phone. “I'll do what you want me to do. The modelling.”

 

“Assaa!!” Kibum punched in the air in excitement. He was too happy because he thought that after what happened in the locker dorm a while ago, Minho would never contact him again. “Thank you, Choi Minho! You're really my friend!” He said excitedly.

 

“However, I have a favor to ask you.” Then they knew Minho won't do this thing if not because of something in return. “Kibum-ah? Are you still there?”

 

“Oh yeah. Tell me what it is.” Kibum answered, waiting for Minho to say his favor.

 

“Don't ever tell anyone about what happened to the locker room a while ago. Whatever you heard, don't tell anyone about it.” He said straightly, not even bothering to say it slowly.

 

Kibum and the other two were speechless. Because of this, it was obvious that Minho was trying to hide something. Kibum, with his naturally frank attitude, asked, “Why can't I tell it to the others? Are you hiding something?” He asked directly.

 

“Ah ~ Of course not.” Minho answered defensively and started stuttering a lot of times before finally saying what he wanted to say. “That friend is just kidding. Don't believe anything that he said.” He appealed.

 

“I want to know the truth Minho-ah.” Kibum said and no one was stopping him. If they can know the truth without even having to investigate, then that's better.

 

“Promise me not to tell anyone about what happened in the locker.” Minho didn't forget to make him promise. Eventually, though it was really too late because he had told the others about it, Kibum still said yes and promised not to tell it to anyone. “Thank You. I'll count on that.” Minho uttered after hearing his promise. “Text me if you ever need me. Bye.” That's all and he ended the call.

 

“Minho suddenly changed his attitude towards me, eh?” Kibum chuckled funnily after putting the phone back to his pocket. “Just a while ago, he pushed me too hard out of the locker room and even shooed me away, now he's being all nice just because he knew I have something against him.”

 

“Minho is really making me curious.” Jinki uttered and frowned. “He seemed to be afraid that others will know about it – or even have the idea of what's really happening. He's hiding something. It's obvious he is hiding something.” Jinki said. After a while, he looked at Kibum.

 

“Make sure to have some seats reserved for us on that fashion event.” He told him and Kibum was surprised. “And make sure Soeun and Yoogeun will be there. No matter what happened. Make sure they'll come.”

 

“What are you planning to do?” Kibum asked.

 

“We won't get anything from Minho and Soeun... might as well get it from the child itself.” Jinki revealed. “Can you call her now? Tell her to come – like, pursue her until she couldn't say anything but yes.”

 

Kibum agreed and immediately dialled Soeun's number. She answered after few seconds. “I have a news for you, Soeun-ah. Your Minho took my request! He's going to be my highlight model in the fashion event!” Kibum said emphasizing the word YOUR – not being obvious that they know something weird is going on.

 

“It's a surprise.” They heard a small chuckle from Soeun. “You never changed, Kibummie. You still know how to make him give in.” She praised.

 

“And because of this...” Kibum uttered. “You and Yoogeun should be on that day. I'll reserve seats for you in the front row.” He announced.

 

“No. No. It's okay. Don't worry about us.” As expected, Soeun tried rejecting the offer. But as what Jinki said, Kibum should pursue until she finally says yes.

 

“Come on. You can't miss your husband's first ever ramp event.” Kibum teased. “I'm not expecting any answer from you but yes.”

 

“But...”

 

“Not even a 'but' Soeunnie... Come on, and let Yoogeun see how awesome his father is while ramping my highlight fashion.” He said and didn't forget to praise his work.

 

“Fine.” Eventually, Soeun gave in as well. “You are so great in pursuing someone.” She chuckled but stopped halfway. “Will the other guys go, too?”

 

Kibum looked at Jinki and Taemin who were listening as well. Jinki shook his head. “I don't know, but maybe not since they're so busy.”

 

“Oh. Okay.” Soeun just uttered.

 

“I'll see you then.” After few more seconds, Soeun ended the call.

 

“Can you reserve seats for the rest of us as well?” Jinki half smiled after Kibum finished the phone call. Kibum's eyes grew wide.

 

“Can't you just avail the ticket? It's very affordable when it comes to you, you big thing.” Kibum said pissed off. “Why do I have to treat you for the show? How can I earn money then?”

 

“Will Jonghyun go? What do you think?”

 

Kibum nodded surely. “Of course. Though fashion event is one of Jonghyun's hated events, he can't say no to Yeojin. I'm sure Yeojin would be there as well.”

 

“Great. Just great.” Jinki uttered as if everything that he was thinking was going along with each other.

 

*** *** ***

 

At the red carpet event, Kim Kibum, the featured fashion designer, appeared with his highlight model, Choi Minho. Kibum seemed to be used of the flashing lights, while Choi Minho tried to smile, but the awkwardness and uneasiness can easily be seen based on how he smiled.

 

“Is he your new model?” One of the reporters asked during the photo taking at the red carpet.

 

“Not really a model. He's a close friend. My highlight piece for tonight will be worn by him and I think it suited him the most so I asked him to go with me for tonight.”

 

“Are you confident he can pull the outfit off knowing he never had any experience in modelling?”

 

“I know this sounds so awkward coming from a guy, but seeing Choi Minho's stature. He can just wear the clothes and naturally walk there. He doesn't need to pull out any effort actually.” To what he said, the reporters laughed because he was embarrassed as a guy in the end. “By the way, Choi Minho is a soccer player and he's a part of our National team. Please support him in the future.” He and Minho did a bow together before finally leaving the red carpet.

 

After a while, Jinki and Taemin arrived together and walked on the red carpet as well.

 

“Will you have any performance for tonight, Onew ssi?” One reporter asked.

 

“No. I just came to support my good friend, Kibum ssi. Please look forward to his designs.” He smiled to everybody.

 

“Taemin ssi, can you tell us about the recent project you did in Singapore?” The other reporter asked Taemin this time to which he replied in a bright manner.

 

“Yeah. Hopefully, our team will bag this year's championship. I'll go there 3 days from now to check on them and watch the championship myself.” He was talking about the national dancing competition which he joined in as the main choreographer and mentor for the South Korean representative.

 

Jonghyun and Yeojin also came but they didn't walk into the red carpet anymore. As they took their seats in the front row. Soeun was surprised to see the others being there as well.

 

“Uncle Jonghyun!” Yoogeun shouted happily as soon as he saw Jonghyun. The latter smiled and gave a high five to the child.


Chapter 12 - A Child Won't Lie