The Only Option is to Run

Still You

Minho arrived at Soeun's house around 7:30 am that day to take Yoogeun to school. He was puzzled when he learned that the door was locked. It was usual for Soeun to open the door upon waking up, but it's weird today that the house was still closed.

 

Perhaps, they were still asleep? “Soeun-ah!?” He called out and pressed the doorbell. He waited for few seconds but there was still no answer. Finally, he decided to take the spare key Soeun gave him before to have an access to their house if ever there was an emergency.

 

“Soeun-ah.. Yoogeunnie...” He went inside and to their room. As he twisted the knob, he realized it was open. Peeping into Soeun and Yoogeun's room, he realized they were not there. The bed was neatly arranged and the closet was half opened. He went there and was surprised to see that it was empty. “Oh .” He let out a curse when he finally figured out that the two left. “. .” He went around the room and found no clothes there. The huge luggaging bag Soeun has whenever they go on a trip wasn't there. Some of the toiletries were taken away.

 

As he walked to the dining table, he noticed an envelope that was placed there. He suspected right when he thought it was a letter written by Soeun.

 

Minho

 

I know you can read this because you have the key to the house. First, I want thank you for keeping up with me all these years. You're always worried about me and almost considered my feelings above anyone else. I couldn't be more thankful for all the things you've done. But above all, I am deeply sorry for all the troubles that I've brought you. I'm sorry if we were such a burden, and for not giving you as much love as you deserved. I'm sorry I failed you at that matter.

 

We are leaving for a while because I think that this is what is best for all of us. Let Jonghyun be happy with his wife. He deserved all the happiness after the pain that I brought to him when we broke up. Yeojin, also, is a wonderful person and friend. She doesn't deserve to be hurt because all she has ever wanted is to make Jonghyun and all the person she loves happy. Let her have the love from Jonghyun that she deserves. As for me, don't worry about me. I am happy with Yoogeun and he's enough to complete my life.

 

Don't worry about Yoogeun as well. I've talked to him and told him we are just going to have a vacation. I'll make sure I'll take care of him very well. Don't fight with Jonghyun anymore. You're friends. Won't tell you where we are going, but please don't announce this thing as if this is such a big happening. Yoogeun and I will be back, Choi Minho, so please don't over react, and please don't try finding us. We will definitely run away once I smell your scent. You know I have such a good sense of smell, right?

 

But I promise. We will come back in time. Promise. (●^o^●)

 

Minho knew Soeun was trying to calm him down when he saw how she put that emoticon in the end. “Aish, seriously, Jung Soeun.” He shook his head and the anger and panic that he was feeling subsided for a moment. “Why did you run away? Aish.”

 

Still holding the paper, he started to call everybody one by one, and unlike what Soeun said, Minho still called them as if he was panicking, only to make them realize that it was something so urgent.

 

“Jonghyun hyung.” Minho said as soon as Jonghyun answered his phone. “Something came up.”

 

“What?” He asked,

 

“Soeun and Yoogeun.” Minho paused for a while and it made Jonghyun even more nervous. “They left the house with their clothes. I didn't know where they went.”

 

“What?!!!” Jonghyun suddenly tensed up after realizing the news. “What? Why? What's the reason? Why did she run away?”

 

“I don't know.” Minho said. “This morning. I went to their house to pick Yoogeun up but they weren't there anymore. I have the spare keys so I went inside only to find out that they really abandoned the house.”

 

“Let's see each other.” Jonghyun said and immediately ended the call.

 

Soeun told Minho not to cause any panic within the group, but it happened the other way around. They all gathered at Jonghyun's condo where Yeojin who just came back from her work was present as well.

 

“Did something happen which you think could make Soeun leave?” Jinki looked both at Minho and Jonghyun. Minho only shook his head, but Jonghyun was still in deep thought.

 

He was wondering why Soeun could ever thought of leaving again. “We were clearly okay about the setup with Yoogeun. I thought everything was going very well but how did she? Why did she run away? Why did she do it again?” He said angrily. Yeojin was just beside him rubbing his back as a sign of comfort. She didn't dare saying anything at all during that discussion.

 

“You don't know?” Jinki crossed his legs. “I don't think Soeun would leave without any reason. There must be one.. something that pushed her into going away.”

 

“There is this thing...” Jonghyun said and looked at them all. “I asked her to put Yoogeun's name under mine.”

 

“You asked what?” Kibum frowned and saw a surprised and displeased expression. “There's time for that matter! You're not even that close to Yoogeun, why did you ask her that already?!!” He yelled.

 

“What's the point of postponing it when we will actually do it anyway? Soon, Yoogeun needs to be registered under my name.”

 

“But you can do it later! Not now!” Minho yelled at him this time.

 

Jonghyun then frowned as he looked at Minho. Slowly, a suspicion was formed and he looked at him with doubt. “You don't really know where Soeun and Yoogeun went?” He asked.

 

“What do you think?” Minho dared.

 

“You were able to hide the fact that I have Yoogeun as my son for more than five years. It's not surprising if you planned this with her as well.”

 

Minho stood up and looked angrily at Jonghyun. “Why are you accusing me, Kim Jonghyun?!” He shouted while dropping the honorific term for Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun didn't want to lose so he stood up and pointed at him with his index finger. “You are the cause of everything. When you decided to take Soeun's side, then this became like this! Tell me where Soeun is right now!” He shouted.

 

“You're dreams is the reason why everything is messed up right now.”

 

From those words, Jonghyun suddenly grabbed Minho's collar and when the other resisted, both of them wrestled out. Jinki, who was in the middle, immediately stood up followed by two other as they tried stopping Jonghyun and Minho.

 

Key struggled to pull Jonghyun away while Taemin hugged Minho to stop him from grabbing Jonghyun. “Yah! Kids! Kids!” Jinki stood in the middle to speak up. “Guys, this is not the right time to argue. We need to cooperate in order to find the two of them.”

 

“Why don't we just give Soeun noona some time?” Taemin interrupted. “Probably the reason why noona went away is because she wanted to think things through.”

 

“Five years is enough.” Jonghyun said strongly. “Five years is enough for me to miss Yoogeun. I'm going to find her. I am going to find her and get my son back.” He said strongly and looked at Minho. “Once I figure out you have something to do with this, I swear I will never let you off.” He warned but Minho's hardened face didn't change.

 

“Stop talking nonsense. Just find Soeun and Yoogeun. You surely need to talk with them.”

 

Minho took his things with her and started walking away. “Yah, Minho-yah!” Jinki yelled but the other didn't look back. “Minho yah! Where are you going?!” He tried stopping him, but Minho just went out without any words at all.

 

“It won't be a good idea, Jonghyun-ah.” Jinki said after hearing about Jonghyun's plan of finding Soeun. “You can't easily find someone who ran away to hide from you. For sure Soeun doesn't want to see anyone of us right now. She might need more time. Maybe she was surprised about your suggestion and got scared that you would take Yoogeun away from her.” Jinki then looked at Yeojin.

 

“I'm sorry, my dear, you are not supposed to be involved with this.” He said, but Yeojin just smiled and nodded.

 

“Whatever happens, I will still be on my husband's side.” She said as she held into Jonghyun's hands and held them tightly.


Chapter 38 - What can Make You Feel Better?

So where the hell did our Soeun and Yoogeun went? HUH?