I Can Only Take So Much

Still You

“Aigoo~ Yeojin-ah... Yeojin-ah... your voice.” Minho tried to make her calm as she obviously started to talk a louder than her normal voice.

 

Yeojin laughed and looked at the people on the next table. They looked back – frowning. “Annyong, ahjumma.. ahjussi.. are you married?” She asked them and the middle aged woman smiled awkwardly. “Ah yeah! Right!” She said clapping her hands together. “I am married, too! I have a husband!” She looked at Minho and chuckled with her shoulders up and down, as if she was floating. “But he isn't here. He's with his ex girlfriend and their son there in Busan! Yey!” She spread her arms widely in the air and laughed again. Minho just stood up and bowed to everyone who was there at the small eatery.

 

“I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, I hope you understand.” He said feeling embarrassed of what Yeojin was doing. He went quickly to Yeojin and held her arms, “Yeojin-ah, let's go. I'm going to bring you home.” He said while trying to help her stand up.

 

“Eh?” She looked at him with confusion. “We're going home? That fast? But look.. we have so many foods over here and there are 2 bottles of soju left! Come on, Minho-yah...” She said addressing him into a more casual way. “There. Sit there. Sit. Sit.”

 

“No, Yeojin-ah. It's getting late. We should go home.” He said still trying to get her up but Yeojin was still refusing to go.

 

“I'm here as your friend!” Yeojin shouted, making another scene inside the place. “Minho-yah... my friend... I know you are heartbroken because of Soeun. Come on, let's celebrate!” She laughed. “No, I mean.. let's ponder over your situation.” Yeojin looked at her with her sleepy eyes. “I'm here to console you, Minho-yah.. I'm here as a friend. Come on, sit down and tell me about your pain.” She said while constantly pointing the seat Minho used to occupy just a while ago.

 

“Judging from how you look. It seems that you need the consoling more than me.” Minho said but Yeojin laughed again.


“No no no no no.. I don't need to be consoled. I'm happy!” She said and Minho was starting to get irritated at how noisy and talkative Yeojin was starting to be. He suddenly regret taking her to a drink coz he wasn't aware that this would happen.

 

“Come on, Yeojin. Let's go...” He said and for one last time, he tried getting her up with his strength.

 

“Aaiiisshh...” Yeojin sighed and just gave in, she stood up and fixed her clothes. “Are we going to drink at some other places? There are wines and tequila at home. Jonghyun doesn't drink so let's just drink them all.” She suggested but shook his head.

 

“Ahjumma...” He called out and the owner came to get his pay. He was busy taking off his wallet to get some money that he wasn't able to get hold of her.

 

Yeojin, though feeling dizzy and sleepy, still managed to walk outside the eatery, coming across three other guys who greet her.

 

“Ai, Annyong!” Yeojin hit one of them on his chest but they just laughed, thinking that the girl was already drunk. “Are you going to drink here? Aigoo~ They have soju that taste reeeeeaaallllyyyy good! You should try it!”

 

“Oh..” One man caught her back as she was standing unstably. “Should we have some drink together, miss?”

 

“Oh su-” She wasn't able to continue her words when Minho suddenly grabbed her arms and pulled her with him outside. “Aish! That wasn't nice, Minho! I am still talking to them!” She said acting all angry and pissed off while drunk.

 

“Aigoo~ You one devastated girl.” Minho commented and Yeojin stopped. She looked at her. He looked back and was confused why she was looking at him like that. He realized that maybe Yeojin was offended when he said she was devastated. “No, I mean...”

 

“DEVASTATED?! HUH?!” She shouted on the street and it obviously caught a lot of people's attention. “I am devastated?! Whose fault?! Was it me?! Was it my fault for allowing Jonghyun be so close to his son?! Was it my fault, huh?!” She shouted and pulled him by his collar. “Was it my fault, huh?!” She kept on shouting while hitting and pushing Minho on his chest. “Was it my fault?! I only wanted good things for him! I just want him to be happy!!” Then Yeojin started crying – on the street – with many people witnessing what she was doing.

 

Minho was embarrassed, and at the same time, felt sad and pity towards Yeojin. She was deeply hurt, and it all came out when she started being drunk. All those pain and hurt that she was keeping in herself from the time they learned about Yoogeun, right from that moment, Minho knew she was just letting all out.

 

“I never said anything. I was never selfish. I allowed him to do what can make him happy, but I didn't know about this! I didn't know about this! When I told him I'm fine with Yoogeun entering our lives, I didn't mean Soeun is included! No!”

 

Crying heavily and shouting, Yeojin lost the strength of her knees that she sat on the ground instead. “Yeojin-ah.” Minho held her arms and thought she collapsed. “Yeojin-ah, please...”

 

She was shaking his head continuously, as if she was trying to erase the reality from her head. “No. I don't deserve this. Minho yah.. are you sure that this is what you want? Why do you keep on pushing Jonghyun and Soeun together?! No! How about me?!” She shouted again, hitting and pushing Minho from time to time. “How about me? I only wanted to be happy with Jonghyun. How about me, Minho? What will happen to me? No, please...Soeun has Yoogeun. She's happy with him. Please, let Jonghyun stay with me.”

 

“Stop it. Let's go, Yeojin-ah...” Minho tried pulling her up again.

 

“Promise me, you're going to stop pushing them together. Promise me you won't wish the two of them back. Please, Minho. I only have Jonghyun. I can't have a child, please.”

 

With what Yeojin said, Minho froze for a while. “What?”

 

“I can't be pregnant. I won't have the chance to bear a baby, please, Minho. I only have Jonghyun. If he's not with me then who's going to be with me forever?”

 

“Shh...” Minho cupped her face tightly. “It's okay, Yeojin ah.. Jonghyun will stay.” That was the only thing he could think of saying in order for her to stop crying. “It's okay, come on. I'll take you home.”

 

Yeojin didn't say a thing so instead of helping her up, Minho just decided to carry her bridal style. She didn't protest and even wrap her arms around his neck as they walk towards his car.

 

He gently put her beside the driver seat and carefully fastened her seatbelt.

 

“I hope he comes back tomorrow.” He was about to start the engine when Yeojin talked again. “I hope he comes back coz I don't think I can last another day without him. Do you know why I don't want to go home? That's because I feel so empty at our house. There was no one but me. The silence there kills me. I don't want to go there.”

 

“Then where should I drive you? How about to your parents' house?” He suggested but Yeojin let out a sarcastic laugh.

 

“Do you think they would like to see me like this? Drunk? Messed up? Devastated?”

 

“I'm sorry.” Minho said referring to the term he told her just a while.

 

“It's okay. That's the truth anyways.” She sighed and looked outside. “You can take me anywhere but not to our house and to my parents' house. Oh right, you can just drop me on some park and I'll just spend the night there.”

 

“No way.” Minho said. “I'll drop you to my family's home. It's not empty there, and they will understand.”

 

“Hah. It's too much.” Yeojin said and rejected the offer, saying it would be too much to even involve his family to her suffering.

 

“I contributed on the cause though.” Minho admitted. “Jonghyun hyung followed Soeun coz he thought they left because of the surname issue, but that's not actually like that.”

 

Yeojin looked at him. She looked so messed up and was sleepy, but still could manage comprehending. Minho sighed. “It was because of me, because I told Soeun that I will do everything to get the two of them back. She left a letter, saying that she's leaving because she doesn't want to hurt you.”

 

“So that is your fault.” Yeojin laughed. “Aahh... this is all Choi Minho's fault.” She sighed, and looked back at Minho. “Apologies accepted, but you need to promise me this thing's going to be over now...”

 

Minho nodded, “I promise, this time.. for you.” Yeojin smiled and nodded, and before Minho knew it, Yeojin had finally fallen into sleep.


Chapter 47 - I don't wanna go back

Fast update coz there's almost no SHINee related news today. LOL. How about your comments?