So We Meet Again

Still You

 

A/N: 61 subscribers in just 3 chapters are overwhelming. Thank you for always supporting me and the fics I write. Now here's chapter 3 for those who are waiting and still curious. :)

 


 

As promised, Jonghyun arrived around 5:30 pm at home to pick Yeojin out for a date. “Yeojin-ah... are you ready?” He asked the moment he stepped into the living area.

 

Because Jonghyun and Yeojin are newlyweds so they decided to buy a condo unit as a starting home. Jonghyun would've wanted to buy a bigger house in preparation for the future kids but Yeojin disagreed , and told Jonghyun how she wanted to hire an engineer and architect that will design a house perfectly fitted for them. She wanted their house to be fully customized. They both agreed to buy a vacant land and start the planning once Yeojin got pregnant.

 

Yeojin didn't answer Jonghyun's call so he went straight to their bedroom to check on her. As he entered, Yeojin just came out of the bathroom. “Oh, yeobo, you arrived.” She was still drying her hair with the bath towel but quickly went to Jonghyun to give him a kiss. “Why don't you take a bath and change clothes before we go?”

 

“I will.” Jonghyun winked and followed what his wife said.

 

Few minutes had passed and Jonghyun went out of the bathroom, drying his hair with a towel as well. “Finished dressing up, Jagi? I'll be ready in just five minutes.” He said as he lead himself back to their bedroom. “Woah. Jagi~” He exclaimed when he saw Yeojin on her outfit. But what can he expect on a model? Of course, it will always be something worth staring at.

 

Yeojin looked at him with a wide grin and then she turned around for him to have a full view of her outfit. She posed like she was modelling for something, “How is it, oppa?” For the first time after they got married, Jonghyun heard what she called him often when they were still dating.

 

“Will anyone ever think you're married to me? You look like a teenager, jagi~” He praised and she giggled. “If you're alright with the clothes I chose for you, then just wear that.” She said referring to Jonghyun's clothes that were lying on the bed, waiting for him to pick them up and wear them.

 

Jonghyun look at them for a while and nodded, “Of course if it's my wife's choice then I'm sure it's the best. Plus, I know you match these with your outfit, right?” He took them out one by one to have a better view. “This one looks new.”

 

He was talking about the peach sweatshirt with a huge letter J printed at the front. “Oh. I saw that in the internet when I was browsing new Maypole designs and I liked it since there's your initial in it. It arrived earlier so I thought maybe you can immediately wear it now.” She explained.

 

“What will I do with this checkered one?” He said raising up another long sleeve.

 

“Just tie it around your waist. That's for styling.” She said and winked at him before returning on doing her makeup.

 

“This is a bit...” Jonghyun whispered while he was wearing his clothes behind Yeojin who was at makeup table. “...a bit detailed.” He wasn't the type to be so concerned about the way he dressed up.

 

Turning to see her husband, Yeo Jin made an excited and surprised expression. “Aww, Yeobo! You look so cool!” She said and even ran towards her hubby to look at him closely. “Wow, look at you. You look like an idol!” She exclaimed which made him chuckle.

 

“More handsome than Onew?” He asked teasingly to which Yeo Jin immediately nodded.

 

“Of course!” Yeojin said while carefully fixing the hem of his sweatshirt. “You are way way way way more handsome than him! He looks dashingly cool because he wears makeup and his hair is always styled as how it fits him, but in reality.. my husband is more handsome!” She said proudly, even saying it a bit louder as if she was trying to make some people hear about it – but of course they won't. “Is it too late to audition to be the next idol star in South Korea?” She joked and Jonghyun chuckled a bit loudly. He pinched her cheeks gently and she grinned.

 

“Aigoo ~ My wife.. you're teasing me again. Come on, are you ready? Let's go?”

 

“I'm ready. I'll just get my bag.” She immediately took it and both of them left to enjoy the rest of the night.

 

“It's getting late. Should we have dinner first?” Jonghyun asked while they were in the car, driving somewhere. Yeojin nodded and turned to him. “Where do you want to eat?”

 

“At the seafood restaurant where we ate before.” Yeojin said and smiled excitedly. “I think I had the most delicious shrimp dish on that restaurant.”

 

“Okay. That's just around the corner.” Jonghyun said and immediately turned right to go to the said restaurant.

 

“Uhmm, have you ever seen any friends around since we came back?” She asked opening up a conversation between the two of them. “When we got married, the only friends you have were Jinki ssi and Kibummie. Where are the rest? I thought you were five?”

 

“Hmm.. Taemin's Jinki's brother. When we got married, I think he has some event he attended in Singapore. He's a well known choreographer now so he's a bit busy. The other one, Choi Minho, is nowhere to be found.” He chuckled. “That guy has this huge thing over soccer. Jinki said he saw Minho playing on the National team on television.”

 

“Wow! That's daebak!” She said in excitement. “So he's a national soccer player now? That's cool! He should see you all soon and have some mini reunion as five again!”

 

“We'll hunt him down soon so the five of us can be together again.” He said and minutes have passed, they reached the restaurant. “Here we are!” He was excited after parking the car to head out to enter the restau.

 

“Aw, I am so excited to... oh! Kid!” Her words were interrupted when a boy suddenly tripped and fell on his knees as he ran coming out from the restaurant.

 

Jonghyun, as if by instinct, ran towards the kid and helped him up. “Are you okay, young man?” He asked while he was dusting off his knee.

 

“Deh, ahjussi!!” The young boy full of energy replied as if he was not hurt somewhere.

 

“Aigoo~ You're so brave, baby boy.” Yeojin said as she patted the boy's head.

 

“Yoogeun-ah!!!” A girl came out running from the restaurant as well. “Yoogeun-ah! Umma told you not to run, right?! You should've waited for us before coming out. What if something happened to you?” She said while checking the little boy's body – making sure he wasn't hurt anywhere.

 

Jonghyun froze for a bit, as if trying to make sure if he recognized the girl right. It was more than 5 years since they last saw each other. She still looked the same – though it's obvious that she got a bit more mature.

 

“Jung So Eun?” Jonghyun uttered and the girl immediately looked at him. “Oh. So Eun-ah.”


She looked surprised, and immediately stood up pulling her son closer to her. An awkward smile appeared, “Oh... Kim Jonghyun... ssi.” She uttered – but it came out almost like a whisper. “I – I didn't know you're back.” She said.

 

“Uh, yeah. I was back since last year.” He uttered and looked down at the boy who was looking at him that time. “Your child? Wow.” He said and wrapped an arm around Yeojin. “By the way, this is my wife, Ahn Yeojin. She's Jung So Eun – an old friend.” Jonghyun introduced the two ladies to each other other.

 

Yeojin happily offered a hand. “Hi. I'm glad to meet Jonghyun's old friend. How are you?” So Eun took it and they shook hands together. “He is your son? He's so cute.”

 

Suddenly, a guy also went out of the restaurant following them few seconds later. “So Eun-ah... did you catch Yoogeun?”

 

“Oh. Choi Minho?!” Kim Jonghyun yelled as soon as he recognized the guy who just went out. “Yah! Choi Minho!! It's really you!” He said as if he was very excited.

 

“Yah! Kim Jonghyun!” Minho ran and both of them hugged each other like brothers. “Yah. How are you? I heard news about you coming back to Korea but I wasn't able to visit you since I've been very busy.” He said and after few seconds, he recognized Yeojin's presence. “I heard about you getting married as well, is she your wife? Wah, you're so beautiful. Are you sure you married the right guy?”

 

Jonghyun hit Minho's chest. “You're still as noisy as before.”

 

“Appa~” The little kid pulled the hem of Minho's shirt as he was getting his attention. “We need to hurry or else we won't catch the movie.” He said and Minho gave in. He looked at Jonghyun with a disappointed face.

 

“Hyung. Just give me your number and I'll text you soon.” They exchanged phone numbers and Minho excused themselves to leave right after that. So Eun smiled to them one last time while his child pulled her arms like he was in a hurry.

 

“Are you okay? You looked surprised just now.” Yeojin said when the three left. Jonghyun nodded.

 

“I didn't know they ended up together.” He said, looked at his wife, shrugged, and smiled.  


Chapter 4 - It's better this way