Suddenly Doubtful

Still You

It was getting late and after thinking deeply about it, Jonghyun stood up to give Yeojin a call. He thought over things and realize what he did wrong. He became self centered and thought about only how he felt. He didn't even realize he was disregarding Yeojin all along.

 

As he dialled her number, he was shocked to hear her phone ringing inside the house. As he looked to see where it was coming from, he saw Yeojin's bag that was in the couch. When he looked inside, he saw her phone there.

 

He sighed. He must find her, and talk to her. But where will he go? He nodded to himself when he realized she possibly went to her mom. Quickly, he took his jacket to leave but as soon as he opened the door, he saw Yeojin who was just about to open the door.

 

“Yeojin-ah.” He called and Yeojin stared at him for a while before entering the unit. Jonghyun followed her with his sight and then he closed the door again. “Have you eaten? You haven't had anything before going out.” He said, trying to initiate a conversation to see if Yeojin was still mad.

 

“I lost my appetite.” Yeojin said and just went inside the room.

 

“But you-” He wasn't done talking yet when Yeojin closed the door of the room. He stopped for a while, and felt very guilty of everything that he has been doing.

 

Just then, he opened their room and peeped in inside. He saw Yeojin lying down on the bed facing the other side of the room. He closed the door and walked to sit on the bed as well. “Yeojin-ah.. let's talk.” He said softly – with a mixture of guilt and shame towards all that he had given her all these time. “I'm sorry.. I should've have been more considerate of..”

 

“Let's talk tomorrow.” Yeojin uttered.

 

“Yeojin, please. Let's settle this before we sleep.” He insisted but Yeojin immediately moved to sit and look at him.

 

“It was even easy for you to ignore me all these time so another night won't be that hard.”

 

“Please, Yeojin. Don't be like -”

 

“Let's talk tomorrow.” Yeojin pulled her blanket and covered her whole body including her head. Jonghyun was dumbfounded, surprised, and was worried. It was his first time to see Yeojin act that way. She was never a hard person. She was never someone to shout and to talk angrily to someone, and most of all, she was never the one to ignore a person who wanted to talk to her.

 

And what bothered him the most is the fact that Yeojin was acting like that, mainly because of what he was doing for the past weeks. While he was just busy thinking about himself and what could make him happy, he forgot that someone out there should be considered and treasured well.

 

On the other hand, Jonghyun was also blaming himself for what happened to Soeun. She ran away to the woods, which caused her accident, that eventually lead to forgetting the him and creating hallucinations that she considered reality.

 

Everything that was happening probably was because of him. It was his fault, and as much as he wanted to try settling everything over, he knew very well that someone, really, was about to get hurt. He would never want to hurt anyone, especially someone who has become a huge part of his life, but then again, he knew, that he has to choose.

 

He woke up that morning without anyone beside him. He tried looking around the unit while still rubbing his eyes to entirely wake up. Yeojin left, and he didn't know where she went.

 

Jonghyun panicked as he thought she left him for real. He checked her closet and found relief to see those clothes still hanging there. He checked on her drawer. It seemed like she didn't take anything with her at all.

 

Then a small note posted on the mirror got Jonghyun's attention. He walked to get it and read it. It was a note from Yeojin that said:

 

“I had to leave early for work. Talk to you later when I get back tonight. I made your breakfast. It's on the table.”

 

That's how plain the letter was written, not the usual Yeojin style where she puts a lot of smileys and and 'I love you' at the end.

 

He sat with heavy shoulders at the table and looked around the empty house. It was the same house but it felt empty and lacking of something he couldn't figure out what. Suddenly, it was a lonely home.

 

*** *** ***

 

“You are expected to leave around 10 am tomorrow so you need to be here at 7:30.” Her manager informed her after talking to the photographer that will be in charge for the autumn themed photoshoot for a certain magazine. She was one of the chosen one to pose for the magazine wearing designer clothes from a famous Korean fashion icon.

 

“I got it.” She nodded after the confirmation of a three day stay in Jeju Island.

 

She thought it was a very good opportunity not just for her career, but for her to also think things through. It would be better to take some time off from the city and from the people around her, and do something she has been fond of doing, modelling and posing for the camera.

 

It was a quick decision but she knew that if she didn't grab the opportunity then someone else might just be put on her place.

 

After the meeting, Yeojin decided to lurk around the City and just find some clothes she can wear when she goes to Jeju. But still, a lot of things just couldn't escape on her mind and as she tried hard to erase them, they just kept on coming back.

 

But seriously, one day, you should just be true to yourself. I know you can get over him. Yes, it's been years, but probably the reason why you can't move on is because you haven't find the right person to be in his place. Who knows maybe I could even help you with that?”

 

The words of the doctor, for no apparent reason, suddenly crossed her mind again. It was what she heard few days ago way back in Busan during Soeun's discharge from the hospital.

 

“One day, you should be true to yourself.” She repeated it while looking at some clothes hanged on the rack inside a boutique. “Be true to yourself.” She repeated again and frowned. “True?” She looked up as if thinking of something.

 

She was wondering why the doctor would say that. Days have passed but she was suddenly bothered by it, something that she didn't think the first time since what drawn her attention was the idea that doctor were hooking himself up to her at that moment.

 

She walked like a lost girl around the mall with that thought on her mind. “She should be true to herself, therefore, she's not being true about something...” She assessed things and thought deeply of it. “What's that? What's being so untrue?”

 

I'm sorry if I don't even try remembering what I forgot... I'm just afraid.”

 

Suddenly, Soeun's words came into her mind. “She's afraid of remembering what she forgot.” She told herself whils still walking. “Did the doctor tell her what happened?”

 

She was thinking if the doctor told her about the story of why she had an accident, but later on realized that no one has really told the doctors what happened, not even the confrontation between Soeun and the members which eventually lead her to run to the woods.

 

It was something only the six of them knew, and she was certain no one has told them to the doctors and even more to Soeun. For once, Yeojin was skeptical to know why Soeun seemed very guarded to know what happened. She thought that she was supposed to be curious. Yoogeun kept on telling her there was no other person in the woods and that his appa didn't die because he was Jonghyun and not someone else.

 

Though she wanted to get well and therefore didn't want to have pressure, for sure she was still bothered by all the wrong memories stored in her mind.

 

She was supposed to feel a bit stressed about it, she thought. She was supposed to ask something, and yet she told her that she didn't want to remember anything at the moment because she was afraid of it.

 

Two weeks in the hospital and Yoogeun always insisted about his Jonghyun appa, but Soeun was never swayed about the idea that Yoogeun had a different appa than who she was with in the woods. Why did it seem like Soeun was disregarding the fact that maybe, Yoogeun's appa was really Jonghyun? Why didn't she bother to ask why Yoogeun knew a different appa, and if she believed that there was really another man that died with her in the woods and she knew it was Yoogeun's appa, why didn't she insist that Jonghyun isn't Yoogeun's appa?

 

She took out her phone and dialled Minho's number. “Can we see each other? I have something to ask you.”


A/N: Hold firmly guys, we are slowly getting there.