My problems came like a tsunami

Bonds of reason

Chapter 8 – My problems came like a tsunami.

 

“Hyung! Come here!!” I yelled at my hyung. We were playing at an amusement park with mom and dad.

 

“Wae.. You’re the one who should come here.. Can’t you see I’m waiting to get on the ride..” He yelled back. I ran onto him, but I tripped halfway. My ring went off from my necklace.

 

“Omo Hyunjoong-ah!!” He ran up to me, leaving a bunch of people that were waiting behind.

 

“Hyung, the ring..” I pointed at the shiny thing near the trash can.

 

“Aigoo.. Mom!! Could you please pick up the ring? Hyunjoong got tripped!!” He yelled to mom.

 

“Did you hurt yourself?” Mom came up to me while dad picked up the ring.

 

“No.. Don’t worry.. I’m a tough boy right!” I said.

 

“De.. You’re my boy.. You have to protect out family in the future okay?” she touched my nose.

 

“De!!”

 

“Hyung! Wake up!” Someone was shaking my body so hard.

 

“Huh? Aish.. you..” I sighed and rolled over after I saw Kyujong.

 

“You’re sleep talking..” He said, it’s not the first time. “Hyung!! Don’t go back to sleep!! We couldn’t be late!! Mr.Rio is waiting for our essays!!” He said and I came to my senses. I totally forgot about the essays because so many things happened.

 

“Shoot..” I went to my study and grabbed the paper, it’s already the twelfth page. Good. 3 more pages to go until my target. I looked at the clock. 7:15 am. And my class start at 8. I let out all of made up things on my head and made a page in seven minutes. I kept writing those bulls about world war till I could make it into 3 more pages. I don’t care if it wouldn’t make 5000 words.

 

“Hyung! The class will start in 20 mins!!” Kyujong yelled from downstairs. He’s all ready.

 

“You go first!! I’ll drive my car!!” I yelled back.

 

“Arasso!! Don’t forget the essays!!” He shouted and went to his car.

 

I was almost finished, just three more lines to go. I rushed to my closet once I finished and took a shower in 2 minutes.

 

“See you later father!!” I said while running to my Aston Martin. But I like Kyujong’s Lamborghini better. I started the engine and went *whoosh* to the road.

 

“It’s been a long time since you drove this..” Youngsaeng said after I went out from my car. I arrived in 3 minutes.

 

“I couldn’t make it on time if I didn’t.. That essay almost gave me a heart attack..” I said.

 

“God.. She’s gorgeous..” He said to me while looking and Xin who passed by. She was wearing a tight jeans paired with white polo shirts.

 

“You really fall for her..” I said, looking at my best friend that never get serious on a relationship, but he sure does fall in love with this one girl.

 

“Hyung, you’re here already.. Come one, we have to give the essays right now..” Kyujong said, dragging me and Youngsaeng to the teacher’s room.

 

“Is Mr.Rio here already? Oh, there he is..” Youngsaeng said and went to Mr.Rio to gave him the essays.

 

“Did he say anything?” I asked him once he were out from the room. But he just shook his head.

 

“Hyung!!” Kyujong waved his hand at Jaejoong hyung who was heading to the opposite direction. He waved back and motioned something. Something like he would be dead if he don’t go.

 

“Where’s Jungmin?” Youngsaeng asked.

 

“On his class maybe.. Wanna check?” Kyujong said. Going to Jungmin’s class means I have to meet that annoying girl. But it’s okay. We went to his class and found Hyungjun was chatting with the girl that slapped him yesterday in front of the class. Jungmin was sitting with Lea inside, chatting happily like a lovey dovey.

 

“Hey Lea!!” Kyujong shouted even it’s only 2 meters from them.

 

“Oh, hi Kyujong sshi, Youngsaeng sshi.. And you..” Shee said my name with “you”.

 

“Yah! Don’t you know how to respect someone older than you!” I said to her.

 

“Oh, I’m really sorry Hyunjoong sshi.” She stressed every word. I just sighed, she’s Jungmin’s girlfriend. Don’t do anything reckless. I kept thinking that thing in my mind when someone gave me a shock.

 

“Yo my brother!!” Hyungjun popped out from nowhere.

 

“Could you please lower your volume down? God.. You don’t even have to shout when you’re half metres away from me. Yet you shout right beside my ear..” I said to him. Another hyperactive boy beside Kyujong.

 

“Hehe.. Sorry hyung..” He grinned widely, seemed so happy.

 

“Wae?” Youngsaeng asked him.

 

“Anni, I’ve finally going fine with Al..” He said.

 

“Al? Al who?” Jungmin asked him.

 

“Oh, I forgot to tell you.. That girl name was Alicia.. She’s really different from the other girls I’ve met..” He whispers the last word to Youngsaeng.

 

“Alicia as in Alicia from 2-C?” Lea asked. Hyungjun just nodded and continued to chat about Al. Lea and Jungmin continued to be lovey dovey, but suddenly a message tone ringed from Jungmin’s phone, he opened it up and his expression changed. He looked at me and mouthed, “Kim..”. A message went in his phone in a wrong place and time. He hid his phone from Lea and continued to chat, but there’s something on his eyes. Just tell her if he loves her (Kim or Lea), it’s not hard.

 

“I don’t have mood for classes..” Kyujong said and stood up.

 

“Where’re you going?” I asked him.

 

“Cafeteria.. To meet Xin.. Hyung.. You wanna go?” He asked Youngsaeng and Youngsaeng looked surprised. Maybe because he doesn’t know the truth yet. The truth about Kyujong’s feeling towards Xin.

 

“..Sure..” Youngsaeng said, joining Kyujong. He looked at me, asking me to join them. But I think it should be the right time for them to settle and make things clear.

 

“I guess, I’ll just.. go somewhere..” I said, and took my leave. My phone rang on halfway to the library.

 

“Yes father?”

 

“Could you go home right now? And I mean now..”

 

“Yea, but why?”

 

“It’s not safe for you to be in school right now.. Make sure you’ll be home in a few minutes..” He hung up. I went to where my car was parked with questions floating in my mind. I started the engine and hit the gas. I was driving for 120 kmph when my phoned rang again.

 

“Get off from your car right now. I mean now, run as far as you could from it. You have 10 seconds.” Father said on the phone. What’s up with him. I went out from my car, I left it in the middle of an empty big road. And ran to the side of the road.

 

*BOOM!!*

 

I heard a very very very very large explosion, like it was exploding right beside my ear. I looked back and found my car was gone, there’s only my car engulfed in fire.

 

“God!! MY ASTON MARTIN!!” I shouted.

 

“Good thing you made it on time.. Where are you? I’ll tell Klaude to pick you up..”

 

“.. I.. I’m at..” I couldn’t think properly because of the explosion.

 

“Think properly.. Don’t worry, as long as you’re with me.. You’ll be fine..” He said. I let out a deep sighed and started to search for the road’s sign.

 

“St. Michael road..” I told him and then he hung up.

 

What the heck was that?