Sunset

Bonds of reason

Chapter 48 - Sunset

 

“What? What did you say just now?”

 

“How could you do this to me..” She said, her voice is breaking. That’s always happened when she’s holding her tears.

 

“I wanted to explain but you won’t listen. What should I do to make you believe me.” I said to her. She didn’t answer and wanted to walked out from the room, but I pulled her instead. Took her into my embrace.

 

“I don’t care if you want to listen or not.. But none of that witch’s words are true.. I didn’t do anything with her.. If you don’t believe me, I’ll prove it to you.. That I’m not lying..” I said, I could her sobs now. She’s sobbing on my chest. She didn’t even struggled. She just kept her head low and keep crying.

 

I sat her on her bed while I sat on the couch, looking at her.

 

 

-Flashback-

 

 

“Aigoo.. Could you two stop the cold war now?” Xin said while I was playing a video game, distracting my mind from her.

 

“She’s the one who started..” I said while I beat the last boss monster.

 

“Aish.. Whatever.” I heard Lea said and went away.

 

“You’re not going to go after her?” Youngsaeng asked me.

 

“No. She’ll be back for sure..” I said.

 

Again, it’s on our vacation. It has been 3 years since I went to Canada. And it’s my thirteenth visit to Korea. Vince didn’t come with me. He chose to stayed in Canada for a while.

 

Just as usual, we both argued. That’s a thing that we couldn’t avoid. And what’s even worse was the argue grew into a hate phase of our love-hate relationship. Yeah, I admit that we have that kind of relationship. Because 4 out of the 5 meetings we had, we always argued.

 

“I couldn’t believe you two argued over a couple t-shirts hyung..” Hyungjun said while Al was resting her head on his shoulder.

 

“Wae? You know I don’t like cheesy things.. And she insisted that I HAVE to wear it.” I stressed at the word “have”. Really, I don’t even know why people loves to wear couple t-shirts. I mean. Why it has to be a “couple t-shirts” when you have your own clothes.

 

“But hyung.. Just wearing it won’t make you sick..” Jungmin said, he was searching for his missing carrot toy.

 

“Shut up mal..” I said and went back to the TV screen.

 

“Kim.. He called me mal..” He said, I believed that he’s pouting right now. He always do that when he talked to Kim about us saying that he’s Mal.

 

“Wae? You are one..” Kim said, I chuckled a little after she said that.

 

“Hyung, don’t laugh!” Jungmin said to me.

 

“Aigoo.. My mal is pouting..” Kim said, I turned over to look. And Kim was pinching his cheek.

 

“Phew.. Finally we could go back here..” Kyujong went in the house while I stood up, wanted to take a soda from the fridge. He and Joelle just came back from the market with loads of shopping bags on their hands.

 

“What took you so long?” I said to him while I was digging all of the shopping bags, searching for something to eat.

 

“What do you expect? You told me to go to the market.. And it’s hundred kilometers away..” Kyujong said and laid on an empty couch while Joelle unpacked the things.

 

“Oppa, where’s Lea? Why didn’t I see her anywhere?” Joelle asked me.

 

“She ran off..”

 

“What?!”

 

“Wae? She’ll be back for sure..”

 

“Seriously oppa.. Where do you think is this place? It’s Jeju.. And we’ve only been here for three days.. And you know it right, she’s the worst when it comes to direction..” Joelle said. Well, she got the point there. Lea’s the worst when it comes to direction. She only memorized the way to her home, my home and Joelle’s home, and of course the way to school.

 

“Just wait.. I know she’ll be back..” I re assured my self that she’ll be back for sure.

 

 

-4 hours later-

 

 

“Aish.. I’m going crazy..” I mumbled when she hasn’t come back yet. Maybe she’s wondering how to get back here. Maybe she got lost somewhere.

 

“Aigoo.. Don’t tell me it’s going to rain..” Xin said while looking at the cloudy sky out there.

 

Rain? No no.. It’s not going to rain. Aish.. How could she forget the way to get back here. I sat right up on the couch. Hyungjun noticed me and asked, “Waeyo hyung?”

 

“Aish..” I scratched my head and got up from my seat.

 

“Where are you go-“ Hyungjun wanted to asked, but Al covered his mouth, throwing a glare at him. I went out from the cottage.

 

Where should I find her now..

 

Jeez.. Why don’t I just call her. Aigoo Hyunjoong.. Sometimes you could be so stupid.

 

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing!” I yelled the moment she picked up.

 

“What do you expect with my sense of direction!” She yelled back.

 

“Where are you now? We’ve been worried sick!”

 

“Wae? Do you even care? I don’t know where am I. But looks like it’s the place that you brought me to on our first day here..” She said.

 

“Someone really wants to get back home..” I said with a teasing tone.

 

“Do you think I want to stay here all day?!” She said and hung up. This girl.. She never gets tired of yelling.

 

I took her to one of my favorite place. The place that I could feel at ease and peace. With the sound of waves hitting the reef on the summer breeze.

 

“Drowned by the sunset?” I said as I found a figure sitting on the sand, facing the amazing sunset. She turned around to look at me with a straight expression on her face.

 

“It’s not even 5 minutes yet and you’ve arrived..” She said, still looking at the sunset.

 

“Are you still mad at me?” I asked. It’s always like this. We didn’t talk to each other for a whole day, and when we’re talking again we started it with a small argument.

 

“No..” She let out a deep sigh.

 

“Seems like you are..” I sat beside her, facing the sunset.

 

“Do you want me to?” She asked, looking at me.

 

“No.”


”You got the point.” She gave me a faint smile and then drew something on the sand. “I wonder why you don’t want wear something like couple t-shirts..” She said while drawing a figure of a boy.

 

“Who is that?” I asked.

 

“A babo..” She said while giving a name to the boy that she drew. “Kim Hyun Joong”

 

“Well, that means you’re dating a babo..” I said with a smile.

 

“Right.. I don’t even know why I could fell in love with this babo..”

 

“At least this babo could steal a girl’s heart.. So that’s okay..” I said again.

 

“Oh, and this babo got a very good taste for a sunset view..” She said.

 

“You like it?”

 

“I love it.”

 

“Even more than me?” I asked jokingly, and she made a wondering face.

 

“Hmm.. No.. I think..” She smiled.

 

“Do you even have to think about that..” I said, with a fake irritating look. “Do you want to go now or not?” I asked her and stood up, but she pulled me back and made me fall, and ended up laying on the sand.

 

“I love you more than anything okay..” She kissed my cheek.

 

“Only on my cheek?” I asked.

 

“Yah.. I doesn’t look right if a woman made a move first.. It’ll look like I’m going to seduce you..”

 

“You are..”

 

“Aish.. Come one, let’s go back..” She said, but I didn’t even move a bit from my spot.

 

“Aigoo.. My babo.. Let’s go back..” She pulled me to get up with her horse power, just like Jungmin’s.

 

“Arasso.. Kaja..” I said and took her hand. Leaving the sunset behind us.

 

 

-End of flashback-

 

 

“Good night.” I whispered to her ear and kissed her forehead.

 

Life is just like the sunset, it only has a few colors on it and you won’t make it perfect without adding a few more colors. And when I look into it more. The more I could feel it. That love come floating into my life, no longer to carry pain, but to add color to my sunset sky.

 

What would life like without a sunset and love to add color to the sunset?